Proposal: CHI-NYI

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Both guys are bordering on draft busts, and haven't fit with their organization at all.

Ho-Sang has the higher ceiling, Perlini the higher floor. Trade looks pretty close at first glance. Both teams would probably think about it. Seems to favour NYI slightly, as Perlini is NHL worthy now.

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
I’m fine with it as a Hawks fan as a change of scenery trade for both. Neither has been good.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
not bad in terms of current value, but may be many who see a higher 'ceiling' for Ho-Sang

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Isles would most likely add to it to get a better player. What would it take to get Saad? Any chance to get Kane? Had to ask..you never know.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Isles would most likely add to it to get a better player. What would it take to get Saad? Any chance to get Kane? Had
to ask..you never know.

To get saad that trade probably a combination of a higher pick and a good prospect. Not now but at the deadline depending on how both teams are sitting at that point.
If not the offseason a deal can come together.
Kane they aren't moving unless they go total rebuild which I don't see, even then he has no trade clause so he can control his destination. Not saying he wouldn't choose the isles.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
NYI I would think jump on this if the offer presented itself

While I think Perlini has more value, my only issue is where does Perlini play? We don't have a roster spot for him which means we would risk losing him if we send him down on waivers.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
While I think Perlini has more value, my only issue is where does Perlini play? We don't have a roster spot for him which means we would risk losing him if we send him down on waivers.

Someone brought up (maybe in this thread?) that making a trade of a player that got passed on waivers allows the trading team to immediately put them in the minors. If you pick up a player on waivers, they have to be on the NHL team.

Guess this is the reason why a lot of players don't get claimed and pass through waiver so easily, even though they would seem to have some value.

Reactions: IODCPiper

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Someone brought up (maybe in this thread?) that making a trade of a player that got passed on waivers allows the trading team to immediately put them in the minors. If you pick up a player on waivers, they have to be on the NHL team.

Guess this is the reason why a lot of players don't get claimed and pass through waiver so easily, even though they would seem to have some value.

From my understanding if this trade was made and the Islanders wanted to send Perlini to the AHL, he would have to go through waivers first. On the flip side Chicago could trade for Ho Sang and leave him in the AHL till they want to bring him up.

It's for that reason that Ho Sang probably has slightly higher value now then just before we sent him to the AHL(he already cleared that hurdle)

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Perlini doesn't bring anything Ho Sang can't provide. It's a trade for the sake of making a trade. Call it change of scenery but that's what happened last year and Perlini is no different in Chi-Town

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->