Proposal: CHI-MTL (Fortin for Scherbak)

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
as a fan of both teams, my hawksfan side answer you "Why bother us to trade our young man is a hot streak sequence? We just start to believe in a Yanni Gourde's thing"

gach

Aug 2, 2018
Why would Chicago do this when every team wants young and fast players

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
The point of trading away Scherbak would be to cut down on wingers since we're already overloaded and as it is we have at least 2 guys (currently Scherbak and Hudon come to mind) who could be playing just sitting due to lack of room. Adding a winger defeats the purpose of trading a winger. However, Fortin is from Quebec so Bergevin accepts.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
The point of trading away Scherbak would be to cut down on wingers since we're already overloaded and as it is we have at least 2 guys (currently Scherbak and Hudon come to mind) who could be playing just sitting due to lack of room. Adding a winger defeats the purpose of trading a winger. However, Fortin is from Quebec so Bergevin accepts.
He can play top line in Laval

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Decent offer. Fortin is 1 year younger and can play Laval. It solves some problems... but I dont think Fortin has a very good upside. Chicago would need to throw a middle pick at least.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Decent offer. Fortin is 1 year younger and can play Laval. It solves some problems... but I dont think Fortin has a very good upside. Chicago would need to throw a middle pick at least.

That was my thinking as well. Add a 4th round pick and the Blackhawks have a deal.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Pretty sad if it ended like this for Scherbak in Montreal but having Fortin play in the AHL sounds more appealing than having Scherbak sit in the Bell Centre press box. If Julien is not planning to play Scherbak, I'd do this.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'm not too fond of Shaw's term. It runs a little long. I guess it depends what's apart of the deal.

3 more years after this year and $2.9M after retention. Not sure what is a fair return for a guy that the Habs are using on the 4th line. His actual salary vs cap hit goes down quite a bit too in the last two years. Can we put conditions on the deal if he produces once back with the Blackhawks?

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Scherbak for Forsling.
I think Forsling has more value right now. A lot more NHL experience.

He's just been cleared to play again so Hawks won't consider trading him until we get to see where he's at this year.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
3 more years after this year and $2.9M after retention. Not sure what is a fair return for a guy that the Habs are using on the 4th line. His actual salary vs cap hit goes down quite a bit too in the last two years. Can we put conditions on the deal if he produces once back with the Blackhawks?
Basically I just don't see why the Hawks would want to pay for him since he'd also be a 4th liner here except his cap hit is higher than our current 4th liners.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Basically I just don't see why the Hawks would want to pay for him since he'd also be a 4th liner here except his cap hit is higher than our current 4th liners.

If you plan on using him as a 4th liner as well, no sense talking. The only deal that works is someone believes in his versatility and he can play a middle 6 role or 3rd line role. He don't fit on the Habs cause we already have too many smurfs and we need to make room for younger players. I think he has some value to the right team but he is clearly drowning in Montreal.

Janne Niinimaa

"Character"
Sep 28, 2017
Montreal
There's the fact that he doesn't have to be scratched all season
If he's going to be scratched, I'd rather add to Scherbak in some way to get a higher potential young player or use Scherbak in a package for something better.

But like I saw mentioned, if Chicago adds a pick I guess it's doable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad