Proposal: CHI-MIN

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Yeah about that, no chance
.wild aren't trading their one of their top c prospect in marat Khusnutdinov for a player who couldn't even play on trash Chicago team This year

No chance

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Haha you think wild are going to trade one of their top prospect / young Russian prospect to Chicago for a slow , bad player who can't even play on Chicago? Hilarious

Not happening
"Sounds fair" and "I think this trade will happen" are different things. Strome's had some decent seasons and does have pedigree, so it's not unreasonable that some team would take a shot on him at his cap hit. A decent prospect isn't an unfair price, though I tend to agree that Minnesota would be wary of trading Khusnutdinov. Non-center prospects and/or picks would probably be preferable.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Would Wild fans do Beckman, instead, who plays less of a position of need? I know he was only a third rounder, but in a redraft he would easily be a first rounder. CHI might also like that Beckman would be ready for the NHL as soon as 22-23, whereas I see Marat taking at least a year longer.

Reactions: MuckOG

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Would Wild fans do Beckman, instead, who plays less of a position of need? I know he was only a third rounder, but in a redraft he would easily be a first rounder. CHI might also like that Beckman would be ready for the NHL as soon as 22-23, whereas I see Marat taking at least a year longer.
I'd have to have a more confidence in Strome working out than I currently do to feel comfortable with that, but maybe.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'd have to have a more confidence in Strome working out than I currently do to feel comfortable with that, but maybe.
Well, from CHI's POV Strome is already a proven NHL'er, while Beckman has proven nothing outside of the WHL.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Well, from CHI's POV Strome is already a proven NHL'er, while Beckman has proven nothing outside of the WHL.
Similar to Khusnutdinov I don't think it's an unfair price, I'm just not sure that Strome's the guy to pay it for. I wouldn't be mad if something like that ended up happening either, though.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Strome is also a proven healthy scratch on bad CHI team... he's not worth that much period

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I would have interest in Marshall Warren ,, Think Wild would be willing to part with him?

He fits what Bowman likes which is often kids who go thru US NDP and being in college can continue to play there for two more years before deciding on if to sign with Hawks or not

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I would have interest in Marshall Warren ,, Think Wild would be willing to part with him?

He fits what Bowman likes which is often kids who go thru US NDP and being in college can continue to play there for two more years before deciding on if to sign with Hawks or not
I'm sure Warren could be had. Firstov's another one that's shown pretty well in college so far.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I mean, I like Warren, but if that's all it takes to get Strome then he must've looked really bad this season.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
strome had covid and then got hurt and his year just never really got going. They also moved him back and forth from center to wing and back. He also was pretty unlucky in regard to scoring his expected goal ratio was the highest on the hawks if memory serves so he was getting his teamates HD chances but they were converting them at a really low rate compared to AVG. he is a great passer, pretty good in front of the NET but is a slow skater, not very physical and has not shown alot DEF.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Sounds like Victor Rask. Rask actually has a good shot, and a couple of moves, but is slow and weak for a 6'2" guy.

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
The Hawks put Strome in a position to fail this year, and he failed. For them to trade him this offseason would be colossal mis-management. Personally, I hope the bring him back next year and park him at 3C and give him someone to do the dirty work. He’s a player with warts to be sure, but he’s shown he can put up points in the right situation. The guy’s good around the net and is a phenomenal playmaker. Let him do that instead of forechecking and chasing the puck on a dump and chase.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
"Sounds fair" and "I think this trade will happen" are different things. Strome's had some decent seasons and does have pedigree, so it's not unreasonable that some team would take a shot on him at his cap hit. A decent prospect isn't an unfair price, though I tend to agree that Minnesota would be wary of trading Khusnutdinov. Non-center prospects and/or picks would probably be preferable.

nobody is going to take a shot at him and actually give up a decent prospect.

the last 3 yrs in Chicago. 51-36-25ish over the same number of games is not something you invest anything in. Next offseason is arbitration, so evrn if he has a bounce back ( maybe motivate for money) no one will take that risk.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
nobody is going to take a shot at him and actually give up a decent prospect.

the last 3 yrs in Chicago. 51-36-25ish over the same number of games is not something you invest anything in. Next offseason is arbitration, so evrn if he has a bounce back ( maybe motivate for money) no one will take that risk.
Maybe. I'd certainly rather build a deal around Warren/Firstov + pick than Beckman or Khusnutdinov, but I also consider Warren and Firstov to be decent prospects.

With Minnesota in particular I don't know if the arbitration risk is that big a deal since a player like Strome would mostly be a stop-gap to give them more flexibility with Rossi. One year of a cheaper Victor Rask with better hands and offensive instincts might be all they need if the bigger ticket centers end up being too expensive.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Maybe. I'd certainly rather build a deal around Warren/Firstov + pick than Beckman or Khusnutdinov, but I also consider Warren and Firstov to be decent prospects.

With Minnesota in particular I don't know if the arbitration risk is that big a deal since a player like Strome would mostly be a stop-gap to give them more flexibility with Rossi. One year of a cheaper Victor Rask with better hands and offensive instincts might be all they need if the bigger ticket centers end up being too expensive.

If that's all you're using Strome for, he's not even worth Warren/Firstov+pick.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
the slow skater part worries me. Also the questionable D play at the all important C position. MN needs top 6 C's to put between Kaprizov, Zuccarello, Fiala, and Boldy (hopefully). Are we going to tell Kevin or Kirill that they have to cover for Strome defensively? Not on.

We've already got some kickass bottom six C's in JEE and Sturm. Those guys can skate, are strong, and can really play both ways. We are also stuck with Rask for one more year.

Sounds like Strome would be a project.

Oof, just looked at his contract. 3M, actual cash 3.6M. That's cheap for a good middle six C, but for a question mark? Also, we have to pay Fiala, Kaprizov, and JEE.

Anyway, interesting proposal. He is a young guy who was highly thought of at one point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->