Trade: [CHI/MIN] Jimmy Butler, Justin Patton for Lauri Markkanen, Zach LaVine, and Kris Dunn

Status
Not open for further replies.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Tatum is having just as good a year as Lauri, if not even better. 48% FGs and 46% threes. GOAT shooter Lauri is at 43% and 36%.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Hoisting more and missing more.

Lauri shoots more than any rookie ever because he is way faster than players guarding him. He will be more reliable shooter in future and is already scoring more 3s than Tatum.

Brett Connolly has almost 2x better shooting percentage than Ovechkin & Laine. But that doesn't mean he is better shooter.

Reactions: Cubs2024WSChamps

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
At what point did I say that was the requirement? Oh nowhere you're just making up more rubbish to argue against to pretend you're on top here but fooling nobody except your tag partner.

Who is looking down on Markannen doing that? Provide examples or is it more crap you're making up.

One has proven he can be the highest scorer in his league over a full season. One has proven he can be the 53rd best over half a season lol.

It seems you have some big issues with McDavid, maybe take it to the main board I couldn't care less about him.

No, you can't argue 15ppg is equivalent to ppg lol. Currently 27 people are at ppg in the NHL, including guys who have played 5 and 2 games. Far cry from 53. Most won't even sustain it, last year only 11 did it come end of season, including two guys who played 1 game.

What ppeopl hype in America is so far removed from the point, just seems to be another thing you're bitter about lol.
Oh, so now the only [/] thing McDavi has accomplished doesn't matter? I mean, it's the one thing anybody can say to his defense, he done did lead the league in scoring. Well, Markkanen shattered the 3 point made record in such a short amount of time for a rookie it's practically unbreakable now. Did McDavid break anything that impressive besides his collar bone?

I mean, McDavid lead the league in scoring his second year. He did it.

Markkanen destroyed the rookie 100 three points made in half a year. He did it.

While averaging 15 points a game on possibly the weakest team in the NBA.

Ouch. I mean, let's not gloss over the honest fact that the Oilers were a Cup favorite this year because of McDavid, and there looking to be right where the Bulls will hopefully be in the draft lottery. Hopefully, because even on a bad team, the Bulls, with Markkanen being a huge reason why, are playing too good with him on the court and have been embarrassed with him off the last two games. But hey, it's not like the Oilers are losing big without McD, they're losing big with him and all the points he gets, right?

Toews never lead the league in scoring. Is he not a franchise player?

Magic never lead the league in scoring. Him too?

Kris Bryant won the MVP and a title. I've been told he's not a franchise player.

What is it?

(I will be back later to prove more points. I have ribs in the oven)[/I]

Reactions: Asiantuntija

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Oh, so now the only [/] thing McDavi has accomplished doesn't matter? I mean, it's the one thing anybody can say to his defense, he done did lead the league in scoring. Well, Markkanen shattered the 3 point made record in such a short amount of time for a rookie it's practically unbreakable now. Did McDavid break anything that impressive besides his collar bone?

I mean, McDavid lead the league in scoring his second year. He did it.

Markkanen destroyed the rookie 100 three points made in half a year. He did it.

While averaging 15 points a game on possibly the weakest team in the NBA.

Ouch. I mean, let's not gloss over the honest fact that the Oilers were a Cup favorite this year because of McDavid, and there looking to be right where the Bulls will hopefully be in the draft lottery. Hopefully, because even on a bad team, the Bulls, with Markkanen being a huge reason why, are playing too good with him on the court and have been embarrassed with him off the last two games. But hey, it's not like the Oilers are losing big without McD, they're losing big with him and all the points he gets, right?

Toews never lead the league in scoring. Is he not a franchise player?

Magic never lead the league in scoring. Him too?

Kris Bryant won the MVP and a title. I've been told he's not a franchise player.

What is it?

(I will be back later to prove more points. I have ribs in the oven)[/I]

Lol at trying to put breaking that three point record on the same level as leading the league in scoring, you get more ridiculous by the post.

Please show me where I said leading the league in scoring is required to be a franchise player. I'll wait. I did say if Markannen can do it then sure. Will seem reasonable for me to give Markannen that label if he can do that.

Hell, even show me where I said McDavid is a franchise player. I'll wait for that too.

What I did point out is that it's ridiculous comparing "Lauri" at this point to a guy who won the Art Ross.

Come back when you can do better than putting words in my mouth then trying to argue them. It's weak and boring.

Unless you can show me where I said you need to lead the league in scoring to be a franchise player your response is nothing more than made up crap. Perhaps English is not your first language and you need to go back and read the posts again?

Last edited:
Reactions: Voight

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Keep posting KBIB. That hole you are digging is getting bigger with every post.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Lol at trying to put breaking that three point record on the same level as leading the league in scoring, you get more ridiculous by the post.

Please show me where I said leading the league in scoring is required to be a franchise player. I'll wait. I did say if Markannen can do it then sure. Will seem reasonable for me to give Markannen that label if he can do that.

Hell, even show me where I said McDavid is a franchise player. I'll wait for that too.

What I did point out is that it's ridiculous comparing "Lauri" at this point to a guy who won the Art Ross.

Come back when you can do better than putting words in my mouth then trying to argue them. It's weak and boring.

Unless you can show me where I said you need to lead the league in scoring to be a franchise player your response is nothing more than made up crap. Perhaps English is not your first language and you need to go back and read the posts again?
Wait, so breaking a rookie record that was just covered by...oh, everyone including the NBA is now suddenly "ridiculous"? Tell me, if it was ridiculous, then calling Curry when he did it was ridiculous also? Of course it's ridiculous to you, because Markkanen was the one who crushed it. Context says somebody every year will lead the league in scoring, but not every rookie will ever come close to touching the record Markkanen just destroyed.

Ouch.

But let's get into the whole "franchise" label. If Markkanen can lead the league, he is one, but, all of a sudden, McDavid isn't for doing just that. Then, while obviously triggered, you go off on how you never called McD a franchise player yet, give Markkanen the definition of what it would take for him to be considered one in your opinion.

I can't even make this up. The spin cycle is at full ultra rotation.

I get it. Coming into a pro Bulls thread where Bulls fans are actually happy with a trade that was picked apart by mis-informed pundits, aka; the hottest thread in this entire BB forum, is far too temping to come in and derail. I don't see any Bulls fans in this thread saying anything bad about Butler or the Wolves outside of it was the time for him to go. What i do see, is the randoms here jumping all over pro-Bulls fans with negativity similar to what killed the baseball forum here and what's ruining the major forums. The fact it's always the same five or six posters ruining every thread on account of it's not "forum correct" to actually cheer on your team is astounding.

Since Asia is my "tag team partner" and with his Finnish education,you know, one of the best education structures in the entire world, sorry if I take what he says a little more to heart then one of the same old stand bys who post everywhere offering a negative opinion in every forum they post. Actually, the same Bulls homers have all been extremely critical of the Bulls in general yet have seen what Markkanen has done and see the potential in the guy that's suddenly a strict taboo.

But alas, you just can't reap praise on a player here. And that's a shame. The hive mind has been broken as easily as LM shoots a three. Seemless. Effortless. Without challenge only because defending Markkanen is easy. The guys a star. A franchise player. I mean, who is any of the randoms trying to convince? Me? A different Bulls "Homer"? It's not working. As somebody who has actually watched every minute to every Bulls game (waves hand) me, I take full responsibility in everything I have stated about LM. It's ok, click Basketball reference and bring up stats that, when compared to Connor "generational" McDavid are not only similar, but Markkanens might be just a tad better in terms of impact, nobody who wants to refer to LM as "just a guy" wants to hear that. Especially from a Bulls fan.

I really don't see myself in any thread that isn't Bulls related. Even in the baseball forum, I rarely reply to people, just post a positive about the Cubs and watch the hive tear it apart. It's ok. Vent. Tell everyone just how bad things are and I'll just keep on posting the positive which, is what the dedicated fans in this thread have been doing.
Positives, as in, just how horrible the Bulls have been with Markkanen out and how they will look with him back tomorrow.

Do keep posting tho. Surely Lauri isn't done proving my points for me.

Reactions: Asiantuntija

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Wait, so breaking a rookie record that was just covered by...oh, everyone including the NBA is now suddenly "ridiculous"? Tell me, if it was ridiculous, then calling Curry when he did it was ridiculous also? Of course it's ridiculous to you, because Markkanen was the one who crushed it. Context says somebody every year will lead the league in scoring, but not every rookie will ever come close to touching the record Markkanen just destroyed.

Ouch.

But let's get into the whole "franchise" label. If Markkanen can lead the league, he is one, but, all of a sudden, McDavid isn't for doing just that. Then, while obviously triggered, you go off on how you never called McD a franchise player yet, give Markkanen the definition of what it would take for him to be considered one in your opinion.

I can't even make this up. The spin cycle is at full ultra rotation.

I get it. Coming into a pro Bulls thread where Bulls fans are actually happy with a trade that was picked apart by mis-informed pundits, aka; the hottest thread in this entire BB forum, is far too temping to come in and derail. I don't see any Bulls fans in this thread saying anything bad about Butler or the Wolves outside of it was the time for him to go. What i do see, is the randoms here jumping all over pro-Bulls fans with negativity similar to what killed the baseball forum here and what's ruining the major forums. The fact it's always the same five or six posters ruining every thread on account of it's not "forum correct" to actually cheer on your team is astounding.

Since Asia is my "tag team partner" and with his Finnish education,you know, one of the best education structures in the entire world, sorry if I take what he says a little more to heart then one of the same old stand bys who post everywhere offering a negative opinion in every forum they post. Actually, the same Bulls homers have all been extremely critical of the Bulls in general yet have seen what Markkanen has done and see the potential in the guy that's suddenly a strict taboo.

But alas, you just can't reap praise on a player here. And that's a shame. The hive mind has been broken as easily as LM shoots a three. Seemless. Effortless. Without challenge only because defending Markkanen is easy. The guys a star. A franchise player. I mean, who is any of the randoms trying to convince? Me? A different Bulls "Homer"? It's not working. As somebody who has actually watched every minute to every Bulls game (waves hand) me, I take full responsibility in everything I have stated about LM. It's ok, click Basketball reference and bring up stats that, when compared to Connor "generational" McDavid are not only similar, but Markkanens might be just a tad better in terms of impact, nobody who wants to refer to LM as "just a guy" wants to hear that. Especially from a Bulls fan.

I really don't see myself in any thread that isn't Bulls related. Even in the baseball forum, I rarely reply to people, just post a positive about the Cubs and watch the hive tear it apart. It's ok. Vent. Tell everyone just how bad things are and I'll just keep on posting the positive which, is what the dedicated fans in this thread have been doing.
Positives, as in, just how horrible the Bulls have been with Markkanen out and how they will look with him back tomorrow.

Do keep posting tho. Surely Lauri isn't done proving my points for me.

I'd take the guy who leads the league in scoring over the guy who broke the rookie 3 record while being 53rd in scoring no question thanks.

What do I have to be triggered over. Not Canadian not an Oilers fan, not a Bulls fan not Finnish. I don't care about any of these things on any personal level like you.

I never said my criteria is he has to lead the league in scoring. I said if he does I'll give him that label. That doesn't mean it's the only way to get it. Your comprehension skills appear so poor that it isn't actually possible to converse with you. What you read is not what is being posted lol. Typically if you're leading the NBA in scoring you are a franchise player, who did that and wasn't? Maybe you argue out Melo, I never liked Melo but some will disagree. I'm going to assume if he does manage to achieve that he's going to be at a franchise player level. Hell if he becomes top five he's probably going to have made that level. But he's currently in the 50s.

Saying someone isn't a franchise player yet isn't an insult to him or tearing him down. Even your tag partner acknowledged he isn't a franchise player yet.

If you go back you'll see I even said I hope he does become one. I love players who are different and I like the league being more international. Plus DBZ shoes that are sick.

I don't care about Baseball, you're just once again drifting all over the place. You seem to have many issues you are triggered by and want to vent about lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Voight and darko

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Fastest player to hit 100 3 pointers. (41 games) Most 3 pt made in game by 7 footer (8 3pts, tied with Dirk)
He also has the most points ever scored by a Finnish basketball player in the NBA

It's not that simple. If rookie scores 15 PPG it tells about talent. If rookie scores 15 PPG and shoots 3s better than anyone on the history, it tells about something more.

What if he turns out to be best long range shooter ever seen on NBA?
He is 81st this year in 3p%.

better than anyone in history? Not even better than 80 players in this league, including a plethora of big men (Mirotic, KAT, Horford, Olynyk, for example).

McDavid sure didn't finish in the top 50 in his rookie season, am I right? Granted, he was injured, but then again, Markkanen played injured for almost an entire month.
He did if you look at PPG, which is how you judge basketball scoring.

Last edited:
Reactions: Voight and Morozov

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
He also has the most points ever scored by a Finnish basketball player in the NBA

He is 81st this year in 3p%.

better than anyone in history? Not even better than 80 players in this league, including a plethora of big men (Mirotic, KAT, Horford, Olynyk, for example).

Yes he does, didn't take too long to surpass Hannu Möttölä.

I mean better than any rookie at the history. 3p% will raise in future & Ovechkin is also 66st at shooting percentage.

Mirotic has more 3 attempts and a much higher shooting percentage.

Yes that's true but he has been almost 4 years in NBA. Lauri has better numbers as a rookie.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Yes he does, didn't take too long to surpass Hannu Möttölä.

I mean better than any rookie at the history. 3p% will raise in future & Ovechkin is also 66st at shooting percentage.

Yes that's true but he has been almost 4 years in NBA. Lauri has better numbers as a rookie.
Nor does it take too long to surpass 7 footers.

He is in fact 8th in 3P% amongst rookies. This year. He has also not made the most 3Ps among rookies. This year. Not sure about historically cause that doesn’t make sense when he’s not leading this year alone.

Comparing Markkanen’s shooting percentage to Ovechkin’s ignores fundamental differences between the importance of efficiency in hockey and basketball as well as differences in defensive strategy. For an obvious example, there’s no goalie in basketball

You will admit Kyle Kuzma is better than Markkanen, then, right?

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Nor does it take too long to surpass 7 footers.

He is in fact 8th in 3P% amongst rookies. This year. He has also not made the most 3Ps among rookies. This year. Not sure about historically cause that doesn’t make sense when he’s not leading this year alone.

Comparing Markkanen’s shooting percentage to Ovechkin’s ignores fundamental differences between the importance of efficiency in hockey and basketball as well as differences in defensive strategy. For an obvious example, there’s no goalie in basketball

You will admit Kyle Kuzma is better than Markkanen, then, right?

Lauri has better 3p% than Dirk, Durant & Porzingis as a rookie. Usually it takes some time for 7 footers to adjust NBA Range.

Most players are under 10 PPG with 0,5-1,5 3PM per game, that doesn't mean they are better shooters. We can ignore the fact that Lauri became father, but it is only reason why he is losing the race. Maybe there comes a day when someone hits 100 3p faster than Lauri but it seems to be pretty unlikely to happen. His 3P% isn't that important at the moment, because numbers will raise based on history. It has always been the last think, i would be worried about him.

That's not true at all. He is 2 years older & point totals are really close. Lauri is better defender & rebounder which makes the difference. I admit that Donovan Mitchell could be better than Lauri, he could be even better than Simmons.

Do you admit that Lauri knows how to play defense & rebound?

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Kuzma is a better passer than Markkanen and outscores/outshoots him. He’s become a better defender and Markkanen is bigger and thus should outrebound him. You’re constantly moving the goalposts to save your beloved Markkanen. But I’m sorry, if you shoot at a better percentage in the NBA, that means you’re a better shooter. Inefficiency matters

Reactions: Voight and Morozov

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Kuzma is a better passer than Markkanen and outscores/outshoots him. He’s become a better defender and Markkanen is bigger and thus should outrebound him. You’re constantly moving the goalposts to save your beloved Markkanen. But I’m sorry, if you shoot at a better percentage in the NBA, that means you’re a better shooter. Inefficiency matters

Do you think Kuzma will have better career than Markkanen? Kuzma is 2 years older & has way more experience against good competition, but gets still burned at defense and does more turnovers than Markkanen. Markkanen is freshman coming from College. Two years ago he was playing in Finnish second division against amateurs (doesn't get any money about it), while Kuzma was already in his second year at College. I know you don't understand the difference in experience at all, but can you even try?

We can compare Markkanen to other freshman and he outscores every single one with wide margin. That is more than enough.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

You are full of it lol. Lillard in his rookie year shot just as good as Lauri. As for this year Tatum is shooting much better % than Lauri.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
We can compare Markkanen to other freshman and he outscores every single one with wide margin. That is more than enough.

More rubbish. Tatum is a year younger than Lauri and has been every bit as good. Also has 43-36% advantage in 3-point %.

Reactions: Morozov

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
You are full of it lol. Lillard in his rookie year shot just as good as Lauri. As for this year Tatum is shooting much better % than Lauri.

Full of what? I was done with whole discussion before someone bring this up. His shooting % could be better at the moment, but that doesn't mean it will continue same way in future.

More rubbish. Tatum is a year younger than Lauri and has been every bit as good. Also has 43-36% advantage in 3-point %.

Lauri is outscoring Tatum with way more rebounds, assists are even & Lauri plays in Chicago. He has advantage in 3-point % & Lauri has advantage 3p made per game. Can't say much about him, because stats doesn't tell enough. Does he have any kind of playmaking abilities?

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Full of what? I was done with whole discussion before someone bring this up. His shooting % could be better at the moment, but that doesn't mean it will continue same way in future.

Lauri is outscoring Tatum with way more rebounds, assists are even & Lauri plays in Chicago. He has advantage in 3-point % & Lauri has advantage 3p made per game. Can't say much about him, because stats doesn't tell enough. Does he have any kind of playmaking abilities?
Yeah his shooting percentage could get better but it isn’t now. Tatum’s could get better. Markkanen’s could get worse. You can’t just speculate and state it as fact. The fact is that Markkanen is 8th best in shooting threes in this rookie class alone, not to mention historically.

Tatum is also on a team where he’s the third option typically but yes he has playmaking abilities.

Do you think Kuzma will have better career than Markkanen? Kuzma is 2 years older & has way more experience against good competition, but gets still burned at defense and does more turnovers than Markkanen. Markkanen is freshman coming from College. Two years ago he was playing in Finnish second division against amateurs (doesn't get any money about it), while Kuzma was already in his second year at College. I know you don't understand the difference in experience at all, but can you even try?

Ah so once again we move the goalposts? It’s now down to only rookies who were one and dones? If you keep narrowing the field, of course Markkanen will be better.

Kuzma has a better assist to turnover ratio than Markkanen

darko

Feb 16, 2009

Full of shit.

You said he's the best shooter in rookie history but now you are saying his % should be better.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Yeah his shooting percentage could get better but it isn’t now. Tatum’s could get better. Markkanen’s could get worse. You can’t just speculate and state it as fact. The fact is that Markkanen is 8th best in shooting threes in this rookie class alone, not to mention historically.

Tatum is also on a team where he’s the third option typically but yes he has playmaking abilities.

Ah so once again we move the goalposts? It’s now down to only rookies who were one and dones? If you keep narrowing the field, of course Markkanen will be better.

Kuzma has a better assist to turnover ratio than Markkanen

I find it very unlikely to happen that his shooting gets worse next season. It is pretty obvious that focus has been in other areas this season. You should understand that shooting percentage isn't only metter.

Well so does Markkanen. I will be very impressed if Tatum is able to keep that shooting % up with over 2.0 3p made per game. And if he does he becames TOP-5 shooter in NBA.

We don't need to because Markkanen is already better player.

Lol did you just use putting up stats on a bad team as an argument FOR your guy? :huh:

He's a good rookie playing on a rubbish team. He should be putting up stats. Harder to do on a good team.

It's not that simple. If you play in good team you have better playmaker, looks & more options. At the moment teams are making gameplans against Markkanen & it would be way harder with more options on the floor. I am pretty sure that Markkanen would put better numbers in team like Golden State. He would be perfect guy for their offense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad