Confirmed Signing with Link: [CHI] Madison Bowey signs with the Blackhawks (2 years, $725K AAV)

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Damn, the Hawks with another big play in the 2021 tank wars.

Signing a guy that wasn't even good enough to stick around on one of the worst teams and worst d-cores in history is a shrewd, savvy tank move, well done Chicago.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
He wasn’t a good enough defender to make the red wings. That’s pretty much all you need to know.
Exactly.

I knew nothing about Bowey before he came to the Wings and he was BRUTAL on defense for them. And to stand out as terrible on the Wings defense the last couple seasons is really doing something special.

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
I've looked in my crystal ball and seen that the precise date a dude called "Madison" will prove to be worth anything at hockey is February 9th of the year never-the-f***-ever.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Hawks fans, hope with all hope that Madison doesn't suit up for you guys. He may have a little offensive touch, but in the defensive end, it is like he has a grenade on the end of his stick!

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Hawks fans, hope with all hope that Madison doesn't suit up for you guys. He may have a little offensive touch, but in the defensive end, it is like he has a grenade on the end of his stick!

He’s signed for the expansion draft

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Bowey was probably responsible for no less than 10 Wings losses last season.

Yeah, we had a lot and would have finished last place without him, but no bullshit. This guy will snatch defeat from the jaws of victory; when it's a tie game and you think you're going to claw out a win he'll cough the puck up at the worst time in front of his net or make a pinch that even Brendan f***ing Smith knows not to make.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Bowey was probably responsible for no less than 10 Wings losses last season.

Yeah, we had a lot and would have finished last place without him, but no bullshit. This guy will snatch defeat from the jaws of victory; when it's a tie game and you think you're going to claw out a win he'll cough the puck up at the worst time in front of his net or make a pinch that even Brendan f***ing Smith knows not to make.
he's the tank commander we need, not the one we deserve then

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
I don't understand the hate he's getting in this thread. He's pretty good.
f1fd56e86d.png

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
He’s signed for the expansion draft

Seattle might end up taking Subban or Delia. Not that I'm saying I'm counting out Bowey, but I see them taking a goalie from Dallas, Jake Allen or Braden Holtby, unless Vancouver dumps the Myers contract on them via trading one of their picks.

Last edited:

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Seattle might end up taking Subban or Delia. Not that I'm saying I'm counting out Bowey, but I see them taking a goalie from Dallas, Jake Allen or Braden Holtby, unless Vancouver dumps the Myers contract on them via trading one of their picks.

no way Bowey is picked they just have to meet exposure requirements

Reactions: Sinbad

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I don't understand the hate he's getting in this thread. He's pretty good.
f1fd56e86d.png

He can't defend.

Period.

Bowey shoots the puck nicely and creates this illusion about some good possession player.

But if you look him play, you see these horrible flaws on his Dzone play.

Maybe somebody could use him as a forward, but that's about it.

Sinbad

Jun 22, 2018
Parts Unknown
^ yeah wake up hf ... this signing is for one thing and one thing only .. to have a D for Seattle

You are wasting your time, it has already been mentioned 10 times in this thread; apparently comprehension is not a strength for a large number of HF members.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->