Waived: CHI - Jan Rutta On Waivers

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
They probably tried trading Ruuta and when no one bit they threw him on waivers to see if anyone will claim him.

Isn't that generally true of almost any player who ever gets waived? The manager makes an attempt at trading, nobody bites offering any asset more desirable than the waiver-claim fee, so player goes on waivers.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Nothing of value lost to Hawks

Only positive you can say about Jan Rutta is he is upgrade over Brandon Manning. Sadly our coach is blind and plays Manning

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
With Russell and Klefbom both now on IR, along with Sekera also on LTIR, I wouldn't be super surprised to see Edmonton pick him up.

Nurse-Larsson
Gravel-Benning
Jones/Garrison-Wideman.

Though tbt I'm not sure he's an upgrade on anyone...

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Maybe if he clears he becomes easier to trade. Say something like Vancouver trades Gagner for Rutta. Van would probably have to retain some salary, then put Ruuta in the AHL.

this makes sense only if vancouver is trying to extract value for gagner. if it's just a salary dump swap then vancouver wouldn't care if they traded for rutta then lost him on waivers.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
He's ok. As a bottom pair or 7th dman you can live with him. Anything other then that you won't be happy with the results.
I'm guessing he clears and maybe later a trade can happen with the hawks retaining some of his $2.25 salary.
Personally I hope he gets claimed to open a contract slot.
He's going to clear and be traded along with a pick for Sam Gagner. Watch

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Nothing of value lost to Hawks

Only positive you can say about Jan Rutta is he is upgrade over Brandon Manning. Sadly our coach is blind and plays Manning

Lol so very true . Manning is like a polished turd to colliton.

There are only a few more days left before trading is haulted due to the Christmas break.

Wonder who is next in chicago to be moved out.

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Hawks are rumoured to be very interested in Gagner. Manning works too

I hadn't heard this until now.

Gagner, if I remember it correctly, is great friends with Patrick Kane from before they were drafted. Gagner has some skill, and could provide a small boost to Chicago's scoring. I like it. Hope it happens.

Liberty Biberty

Nov 15, 2010
I hadn't heard this until now.

Gagner, if I remember it correctly, is great friends with Patrick Kane from before they were drafted. Gagner has some skill, and could provide a small boost to Chicago's scoring. I like it. Hope it happens.

Pretty sure they were linemates in juniors with one of the Kostitsyns.

Reactions: zaqq

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->