Confirmed Trade: [CHI/FLA] B. Connolly, R. Stillman, H. Borgstrom, '21 7th for L. Wallmark, L. Carlsson

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
Hawks scout Europe well. Taking Connolly and Borgstrom for cap space is more reasonable than Connolly and a 2nd. If Borgstrom sticks next year, their combined cap hit will be no issue.

Chevx

Jul 5, 2017
Planet Earth
Not save money, but have cap for adding a player or two.

I smell a huge trade between Florida and Columbus including Savard. Manson might be an option, but I think Zito aims at rentals knowing that Ekblad will return. Is any offensive Dman at the market that should be thought of?

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
Nice, getting a player that can contribute with a little bit of something for 2 seasons + a blue chip prospect in exchange for a couple of leftovers you left in the trash. It's been many years since we saw a competent Bowman trade, quite shocked by this to be honest.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Nice, getting a player that can contribute with a little bit of something for 2 seasons + a blue chip prospect in exchange for a couple of leftovers you left in the trash. It's been many years since we saw a competent Bowman trade, quite shocked by this to be honest.

He came out and said he’d take on cap so other teams can make bigger trades, imo Borgstrom won’t be more than a 3rd line guy, but he still has upside. Stillman has looked great at times and pretty bad in others. Still has a ways to go, but you guys may love him.

Doubt either guy we got hangs around, Wallmark may be moved before the deadline, but he’s serviceable.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Hall should really hope so, a spot next to Barkov would be a dream for him.

Zito keeps making more fans, should be the Gm of the year.

everyone said that about Eichel and Hall. Maybe he’ll impress should we get him, but I don’t have much of an interest in him. Especially with what he thinks he’s worth.

Reactions: hn777

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
everyone said that about Eichel and Hall. Maybe he’ll impress should we get him, but I don’t have much of an interest in him. Especially with what he thinks he’s worth.

You know Barkov makes everyone around him better, in a way very few does, as easy player to play with as there is.
There’s no certain play style with him.

& As I said dream for Hall considering his situation currently

Reactions: Laus723

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
This is a big win for Florida. Dumping Connolly for literally nothing basically. Borgstrom is looking like a bust at this point, he is about to be waiver fodder

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Id be down with that. I’d also be down with Savard and Laine. Either or is fine with me, even though the Columbus duo would cost the Panthers more.
The Columbus duo would cost more and, IMO, would be the lesser duo. I think Hall comes scorching out the gate and Risto is infinitely better than Savard.

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
So Foligno and Savard to FL incoming ?

Think you're onto something here as Zitto likes his former Blue Jackets (Wennberg, Duclaire, Nuti) and knows exactly what these two bring to a playoff team.

Not sure Foligno would waive for the Panthers but Savard doesn't have a choice.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016

Blue chip? Woof.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
The Columbus duo would cost more and, IMO, would be the lesser duo. I think Hall comes scorching out the gate and Risto is infinitely better than Savard.

Yeah, I just like the Laine connection with Barkov, and how we’d have a better chance at re-signing him. I think Hall being centered by Barkov would be a blessing for him, and could get him back on track.

I do like the Foligno/Savard duo someone mentioned earlier. It would probably be the cheapest of the three options.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Yeah, I just like the Laine connection with Barkov, and how we’d have a better chance at re-signing him. I think Hall being centered by Barkov would be a blessing for him, and could get him back on track.

I do like the Foligno/Savard duo someone mentioned earlier. It would probably be the cheapest of the three options.
The weak link in all of this is Savard. I don't think much of him this season.

Foligno is a decent get for cheap for sure.

Reactions: hn777

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad