Proposal: CHI-DET

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
A deal I could see both teams doing for sure, maybe Chicago could toss in a draft pick to make it even more equal.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Value ain't bad, but I'd rather see Detroit move AA for a pick or a likewise struggling center.

Wingers are the one thing we're actually loaded on. Moreso if we end up with pick #1 or #4.

Reactions: lilidk

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Not really enticing for Wings, they don't need anymore wingers now or for the foreseeable future. Sikura could maybe play a little center, not sure exactly what he plays most often? But given he's already basically AA's age and stuck in the A it probably doesn't help the Wings much if at all. Think Yzerman wants a 1st as the main piece for him otherwise Wings just keep him.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Not really enticing for Wings, they don't need anymore wingers now or for the foreseeable future. Sikura could maybe play a little center, not sure exactly what he plays most often? But given he's already basically AA's age and stuck in the A it probably doesn't help the Wings much if at all. Think Yzerman wants a 1st as the main piece for him otherwise Wings just keep him.
Just my opinion based on watching Nylander, he could play center if you give him the opportunity. He does better with space, can skate and forechecks/backchecks well.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Just my opinion based on watching Nylander, he could play center if you give him the opportunity. He does better with space, can skate and forechecks/backchecks well.

Maybe something like Hawks protected 1st + Nylander. Haven't seen enough of Nylander to really speak on him playing C but would seem like a long shot for him to be able to make that transition atp.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Maybe something like Hawks protected 1st + Nylander. Haven't seen enough of Nylander to really speak on him playing C but would seem like a long shot for him to be able to make that transition atp.
No way to the Hawks 1st. We're 7th in the lottery standings right now, and likely will be a lotto team next year.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
No way to the Hawks 1st. We're 7th in the lottery standings right now, and likely will be a lotto team next year.

Top 10 protected? If you want him you'll have to give up something you don't want to. He's a long term piece not a rental. Still think the Hawks can get in tho, 6 pts out now but some games in hand. Latest losing streak obviously came at a terrible time but they're still alive.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Top 10 protected? If you want him you'll have to give up something you don't want to. He's a long term piece not a rental. Still
think the Hawks can get in tho, 6 pts out now but some games in hand. Latest losing streak obviously came at a terrible time but they're still
alive.

Still no. Have no interest in trading our first round pick protected or not Keep your guy. The hawks aren't making the playoffs.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
No, because the Wings are absolutely loaded with wingers at the pro level. They're probably going to have to shed some before next season, so I doubt they bring in even more in exchange for AA.

I doubt the Wings get a 1st for him (especially from the Hawks), so they're probably looking for a combo of pick(s) and/or young/prospect C/D/G for AA.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Top 10 protected? If you want him you'll have to give up something you don't want to. He's a long term piece not a rental. Still think the Hawks can get in tho, 6 pts out now but some games in hand. Latest losing streak obviously came at a terrible time but they're still alive.

If AA pulls a 1st, it's definitely not going to be one that requires some sort of protection. It's going to be one that falls somewhere like 25-31.

Last edited:

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Still no. Have no interest in trading our first round pick protected or not Keep your guy.

I understand, you look at his stats and it's very underwhelming. But with AA you're not paying for the stats, he's on a historically bad team and had mostly been playing with two replacement level linemates this year until recently. You're paying for the rare skillset and the belief it would translate to much higher production in a better situation. He's probably a safer bet to be a consistent 30 goal scorer for the next several years than some rando pick from the 11-31 range.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
If AA pulls a 1st, it's definitely not going to be one that requires some sort of protection. It's going to be one that falls somewhere like 25-31.

You're probably right but it'll take at least that. Don't think Yzerman would pawn him off for a 2nd+, I hope not at least.

Last edited:

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
With AA though you're just rolling the dice.

What would he do on a good team? What would he cost you? Would be able to keep him long term or does he just want to hit free agency? With all those questions how can you decide you want to give up anything of meaning unless you're all-in on him and want to offer him enough to forego free agency (and how much would that even be at this point?). You kind of have to wait until he hits RFA and you can negotiate with him.

Wings are in a rough spot on him and other teams know this, so they're in no hurry to bail them out. Other teams are probably all sure that he's mostly likely going UFA when his clock is up. Winnipeg didn't get all that much on Trouba and I think it's a pretty similar situation, but Trouba was a lot more of a sure thing than AA is (he played on a good team and you could more accurately assess what his career tragectory might be).

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I hope SY & AA agree to a sign & trade, adding more to his current value. $4-$4.5Mx3-4yrs ? As for the OP, no thanks from Detroit. Need C/D/G near ready/NHL ready prospects & good picks.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
You're probably right but it'll take at least that. Don't think Yzerman wouldn't pawn him off for a 2nd+, I hope not at least.

I think it would depend on the +. A young/prospect D or G might be a nice add if possible.

If Yzerman can't get a 1st, I would rather he focus on getting something that helps the team now or in the very near future, instead of hitting the reset button and getting a roll of the dice draft pick that likely won't have any impact for 3-5 years, if at all.

I hope SY & AA agree to a sign & trade, adding more to his current value. $4-$4.5Mx3-4yrs ? As for the OP, no thanks from Detroit. Need C/D/G near ready/NHL ready prospects & good picks.

IMO, given his down year, interested teams might value him more if they're getting him with a clean slate contract wise and not money and term that might turn bad if he continues to slump. If a team gets him, they can sign him to a one year, see if he bounces back and then when he hits RFA status for the last time next summer, they can decide to sign him up long term or trade him for a bigger return than what they paid. And if he doesn't produce after the one year, he probably still has some value that they can at least recoup by moving him to another as an RFA as opposed to having a guy with a bunch of years left that's harder to move.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I understand, you look at his stats and it's very underwhelming. But with AA you're not paying for the stats, he's on a
historically bad team and had mostly been playing with two replacement level linemates this year until recently. You're paying for the rare
skillset and the belief it would translate to much higher production in a better situation. He's probably a safer bet to be a consistent 30 goal
scorer for the next several years than some rando pick from the 11-31 range.

A random pick is 20-31. I like AA. But for the hawks first round pick he's not the guy I trade it for.
The hawks are losing in good fashion. And after the trade deadline there's a chance they are going to lose in really bad fashion.
So in that sense keep AA and we will keep our pick.

Reactions: Boqvy wan Kenobi

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
Where do I sign up? Sounds like an Yzerman type of deal too, as in taking a chance on a young player that is a boom/bust type...

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Haven't seen much from AA lately, so don't know how he has progressed/regressed. But from what I remember of him, I'd do this in a heart beat.

Reactions: Pertti

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
AA is fast but that's about it.
No interest from this Hawks fan.

He has slick hands and is capable of reaching 30 goals. He's not having the greatest year, but you probably need to watch him a little more before making an ignorant remark.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad