RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
To :hawks
2018 2nd round pick (49th overall)

To
full

C Artem Anisimov

Hawks move Anisimov cap hit for pick while Jackets upgrade at C a guy they are familiar with and according to reports were interested in reacquiring. + It may be very helpful to retaining Panarin to bring in Anisimov who played with him for two years in Chicago and helped Panarin with his transition to NA

Hawks then call up Sabres

To :hawks
C Ryan O'Reilly

To :sabres
2018 1st round pick (8th overall)
Conditional 1st round pick (Hawks decide if they give up 2019 or 2020)
D Joni Tuulola

Hawks get strong two way center who is only 27 yrs old and signed for 5 yrs at 7.5M while Sabres who are not contending anytime soon acquire several assets including a top 10 towards rebuild under new GM. ROR was a Murray guy so the new GM can continue to mold team in his image

Hawks top 6 next year

Saad-ROR-Kane
Schmaltz-Toews-Debrincat

Flame away

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Anisimov would create potentially a bigger obstacle to retaining Panarin because that would leave us with a shortage of cap space. It's not just Panarin needing to be retained - it's Bobrovsky and Werenski as well.

But thank you for not coming up with yet another garbage Panarin trade. :)

Reactions: CBJFan827

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
If we weren't in a cap bind, I'd do the first deal. But alas, as Viqsi pointed out, that would be incredibly difficult to make work.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
Dont know anything about Tuulola, but if I'm Buffalo and actually want to move ROR that's the type of deal I'd take. I'd at least let it be known that's what's on the table and see if anyone can offer anything better.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Would love to have the Arty Party back but the cost hurts our future. We have too many people to pay and he hurts the cash flow more then helps the team.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
you're also getting 8th overall this year though.

i think this is a pretty fair deal.

you're essentially getting 2 extra first round picks in 3 years.

Except how we're not looking for futures. Buffalo needs to be better next season. That deal obviously makes us worse now. It could maybe make us better 5-6 years from now, but probably not.

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
Except how we're not looking for futures. Buffalo needs to be better next season. That deal obviously makes us worse now. It could maybe make us better 5-6 years from now, but probably not.

yeah thats fair buffalo really needs to start winning. which is why i dont think they should trade ROR, but heck what do i know. imo if ror is traded buffalo should look for a return they gave up. young current or soon to be nhlers that can help fill in their depth.

although getting the 8th this year could really help them in 2 years time.

Meichel Kane

My Name Is
Jun 6, 2006
Buffalo might do it if they have a deal lined up to flip the #8 for someone who can step in and play.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Buffalo has a couple of years to move ROR and he'd still have 3 years left on his deal.
While this trade for ROR is still low value, it at least isn't god awful. it does nothing but give Buffalo futures. I would think Botterill would pass and attempt to address the present. And why wouldn't he, he has time.

DictatorTots427

Apr 8, 2018
I get Buffalo would rather have different pieces than just picks for O'Reilly, but this is very good value for him IMO. If I were Buffalo I would take this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad