Proposal: CHI-CAR

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
why dont we do a gustafsson for players trade? Crawford isnt an improvement over Reimer.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Reimer has been better than Crawford this year so the deal doesn't make much sense for the Canes. I don't have any interest in rental Gustafsson. Certainly not at the cost of a top-40 pick and Drury. He isn't the type of D that the Canes are reported to be looking at. Calling up Jake Bean would be a better option at that point.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
The interest would be in Lehner, not Crawford. If the outlook on an extension is not good and the Hawks are out of it by deadline day, there will be real potential for a trade between these two teams. Chicago might not have another trade partner for him.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
You'd probably think differently if Reimer played behind the Hawks' defense.
Canes give up more high danger chances than any team in the league. People think Carolinas defensive play is better than it really is. Goalies are left hung out to dry regularly

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
What a pointless post.
Everyone from hfboards to the experts on tv go on and on about playoff experience mattering to a young team but the second it's a goalie it doesn't apply?

Crawford is a huge improvement over Mrazek, but for some reason he seems to have a deathgrip on a job he should have lost months ago.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
why dont we do a gustafsson for players trade? Crawford isnt an improvement over Reimer.
Reiner is meh behind a great defense while Crow has been in the top 15 for GSAA behind one of the worst defenses lol ok Crow would have a gigantic bump behind the Canes while Reimer’s numbers tank the moment he leaves

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Everyone from hfboards to the experts on tv go on and on about playoff experience mattering to a young team but the second it's a goalie it doesn't apply?

Correct. Did the “young Canes” need a seasoned goalie last year? plus, we had Playoff hero Cam Ward for years, didn’t matter.

i get what you are saying, but if the canes are going to spend significant assets on a trade, I’d rather they look elsewhere.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Reiner is meh behind a great defense while Crow has been in the top 15 for GSAA behind one of the worst defenses lol ok Crow would have a gigantic bump behind the Canes while Reimer’s numbers tank the moment he leaves

Except the facts don't support that at all. The Canes give up more quality scoring chances than any team in the league.

Trevor Van Riemsdyk is on the Canes top pair. TVR, Edmundson, and Fleury are barely average 3rd pairing guys and Gardiner has been awful for most of the year.

Reactions: Nikishin Go Boom

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006

great defense? contrary to popular belief, the Canes aren’t great defensively. They give up more high danger chances than anyone.

Reactions: AndreiThreeK

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Crawford winning cups in the past on great hawks teams does nothing for Carolina right now. He currently isn’t an upgrade over Reimer so I don’t see the need to trade for him.
He's been better than Lehner for the last 10 or so games, and has been on absolute fire for 10 games now.

Since Xmas
Crawford 0.926sv% 2.21GAA 4.65GSAA 0.824HDSV%
Reimer 0.910sv% 2.78GAA 0.2GSAA 0.782HDSV%

It's not even really close

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
He's been better than Lehner for the last 10 or so games, and has been on absolute fire for 10 games now.

Since Xmas
Crawford 0.926sv% 2.21GAA 4.65GSAA 0.824HDSV%
Reimer 0.910sv% 2.78GAA 0.2GSAA 0.782HDSV%

It's not even really close

Reimer has been on fire as well. Over the past 6 games he is 5-0-1 with a 0.934 sv% + 2.33 GAA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad