Confirmed Signing with Link: [CHI] Cam Ward to Chicago ( 1 yr, 3 mil)

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
$500k or so too much IMO, especially when a NTC was slapped on for no reason. One-year only bonus. Ward is no good anymore.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Remember the words.....

Glove....
Side....
High...

We shall still miss you sweet prince.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Man Cam Ward has been god awful this year. I originally thought this was a good contract. Surprised to see how much he's fallen off. Wonder if he even gets another contract offer next season.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Man Cam Ward has been god awful this year. I originally thought this was a good contract. Surprised to see how much he's fallen off. Wonder if he even gets another contract offer next season.

He's been terrible for years. The goalie carousel in Carolina just made him look better than he was because he somehow always outplayed whoever AHLer they brought in to challenge his spot as a starter.

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
Chicago gives up the highest number of quality shots in the league. Even Crow is sporting a +3 GAA

Reactions: LDF

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Ward has been ok. Some good games and some bad ones. Some games he has been given no chance by our stellar cast of players attempting to play defense in front of him.
That being said I won't be upset watching him leave after this season ends.

Nick Hansen

Sep 28, 2017
Outside of 10-11, he never really performed to the level you'd expect of a #1 goalie as higly respected as Ward (after his rookie playoff). I don't see what makes him so different from Pavelec.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Is Ward getting the easier starts? Or just better goal support? Reminds me a bit of last year where Ward wasn't great and his numbers stunk, but the team played much better with him in net.

Chicago with:
Ward's 29 games: 91 point pace
Crawford's 33 games: 72 point pace

Last year Carolina with:
Ward's 41 games: 100 point pace
Darling's 41 games: 66 point pace

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Is Ward getting the easier starts? Or just better goal support? Reminds me a bit of last year where Ward wasn't great and his numbers stunk, but the team played much better with him in net.

Chicago with:

Last year Carolina with:

You're forgetting Colin Delia in there too who was on fire for a while. The hawks just went through streaks where they were playing horribly to start with crawford. Then Q got fired and a while after that they started outscoring their opponents and got some help from Delia too. Since coming back, crawford had been playing lights out after the kings game. Ward for the most part has been awful.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I'm sorry to hear this. Ward was beloved in Raleigh. Jim Rutherford really abused him though, by refusing to get a backup that was even remotely capable, so he had to be worked like a dog game after game, year after year. I think it finally broke him.

Reactions: Ace Card Bedard

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
I actually feel bad for the guy....

After he somewhat salvaged the season for them last year, he deserves to be with the Canes doing those wacky post game celebrations as they put up one of their best seasons in a long time and push to make the PO's for the first time in 10 seasons.

Instead, he got the shaft because of the teams ill advised commitment to Scott Darling. Now he's getting lit up behind a Hawks team that Darling probably should've never left...

I guess at least he got one more decent contract out of it.

I'm guessing he probably calls it a career this summer and takes some FO job with the Canes.

Reactions: Big Daddy Cane

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015

Chicago with:

Last year Carolina with:

Offense has dried up for Crawford since he returned. Ward was in net when Hawks were hot and scoring like five goals a game

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad