Confirmed Signing with Link: [CHI] Cam Ward to Chicago ( 1 yr, 3 mil)

sheriff bart

Where are the white women at
Nov 11, 2010
Rock Ridge
I’d be surprised if he changes teams. His son gets very specialized medical care in Raleigh. He won’t move his family and what has he got left to prove? He’s made his money, won his cup and conn smythe. Not like he’ll be walking away from millions.

This is the part that makes me question the Chicago rumor. I could may see him signing in Washington and not moving his family.

Reactions: garnetpalmetto

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
This is so sad. Cam is loved in Carolina and is easily good enough to be our backup. He’ll leave the only team he’s ever known, because we can’t dump Scott Darling’s useless ass.

You could if you trade him to Ottawa for Craig Anderson.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
It doesn't really matter. If Crow is not 100% it won't matter who their backup is. Ward had a nice stretch in the 2nd half last year. Ward is fine as a backup.
Bernier would be a much better option as a back up, especially if Crawford is down for any significant amount of time.

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
Bernier would be a much better option as a back up, especially if Crawford is down for any significant amount of time.

If they lose Crawford for any significant time they are more or less cooked. You don’t replace a top 7 goalie “maybe even top 5”

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
On the fence. Hope our D doesn’t resemble last year is all i can say. They did our young/inexperienced goaltenders no favors.

Those goalies played at minor league level most of year. Forsberg was biggest disappointment with those back breaking early Huet like goals against

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I’ve watched them both quite a bit and I would take Ward over Bernier, and it likely would take less money and term.

I hope it’s true, good for both sides. Ward played overall pretty well last season.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
If they lose Crawford for any significant time they are more or less cooked. You don’t replace a top 7 goalie “maybe even top 5”
Bernier could hold the fort and make the team respectable until Crow gets back. Hawks would be in a much better position with Bernier than Ward if Crow is out for 20 or so games on top of his normal time off.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Bernier could hold the fort and make the team respectable until Crow gets back. Hawks would be in a much better position with Bernier than Ward if Crow is out for 20 or so games on top of his normal time off.

Bernier will be looking for more $ and a 1A gig

Places like Buffalo and Carolina offer him that

Last edited:

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Good for Ward.

No reason to think the Hawks won't be a playoff team this year however needed insurance for Crawford.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

Why would Bernier sign with the Hawks where if Crawford is healthy he will be a backup. If I am Bernier I try and go somewhere where I can at worse be a 1B, like the Islanders.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad