Confirmed Signing with Link: [CHI] Cam Ward to Chicago ( 1 yr, 3 mil)

HawkeyFanatic

Dec 15, 2007
N/A
Jay Zawaski
@JayZawaski670

As I reported in last night's @MadhousePod, the Blackhawks are interested in former Hurricanes goalie Cam Ward. I'm told this morning, from a separate source, that an agreement may already be in the works/close. Ward, 34, had a 2.74 GAA and .906 save percentage in 43 games w/ CAR

Jay Zawaski works for the local radio station in Chicago and has some pretty good sources.

HawkeyFanatic

Dec 15, 2007
N/A
Someone steady enough, but won't cost your star goalie money..

They checked in on Hutton - he probably wants to be a starter and will cost too much

Your options are Ward, Lehner, Bernier, Lehtonen, Halak, Mrazek .....

From that list - I would just take whoever is cheaper.

Reactions: Gordie Howe Army

HawkeyFanatic

Dec 15, 2007
N/A

They checked in on Hutton - he probably wants to be a starter and will cost too much

Your options are Ward, Lehner, Lehtonen, Halak, Mrazek .....

Also Ward is likely the most consistent in that group - which is what you need. Consistency.

Last edited:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Well for once I am happy with our GM if this is true

I have advocated this move on Hawks board several times since season ended

Ward as a vet #2 is fine and Canes would have made playoffs if they pulled plug on the Darling fiasco earlier

Also says to me that Crawford situation is not as dire as feared and that he will be ready for next season

Signing a guy like Bernier would have lead me to believe Crawford was going to miss most if not all of next season

Last edited:

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA

Your options are Ward, Lehner, Bernier, Lehtonen, Halak, Mrazek .....

Id take Bernier out of that group, but he’ll probably get paid more than Ward.

Last edited:

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
The wording sounds very Eklund.
You sure about this guys credibility?
Zawaski is legit and somehow gets information from really high up.

Zawaski and Powers are the only ones who get legit insider information from the Chicago reporter group.

Guys like Jaeckel, Kuc, Myers, Lazerus, etc are just cuck mouthpieces for the marketing department

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Insurance for Crawford.

Cam Ward and his 90 sv% at 2-3m per is not even an upgrade over Anton Forsberg and his 90 sv% at 750k per. No clue what the Hawks are doing at this point.

If Crawford is done their season is over so any backup G signing is not really any sort of insurance. Maybe insurance from being top 3 pick bad and they’ll be pick 10-12 bad but at that point its actually hurting your long term future.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
This is so sad. Cam is loved in Carolina and is easily good enough to be our backup. He’ll leave the only team he’s ever known, because we can’t dump Scott Darling’s useless ass.

This is the rare case in which sentimentality and club interest align. It's a shame Dundon and co. don't see it as of yet.

sheriff bart

Where are the white women at
Nov 11, 2010
Rock Ridge
Cam Ward looked good last season in the backup role until the first of the year. That was about when all hope of Darling righting the ship was given up and Ward was ridden like a gov mule again. Prior to 1/1/2018 he was 10-2-1 with a 2.5 GAA and a .917 sv%. After 1/1/2018 he was 13/12/3 with a 209 GAA and a .899 sv%.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
I’d be surprised if he changes teams. His son gets very specialized medical care in Raleigh. He won’t move his family and what has he got left to prove? He’s made his money, won his cup and conn smythe. Not like he’ll be walking away from millions.

Reactions: garnetpalmetto

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad