Confirmed Signing with Link: [CHI] Blackhawks sign Pius Suter to ELC (1 year, $925k)

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
This may be the deciding factor. A team where the top 9 C spots are potentially up for grabs, a solid winger on each line.

Even if they keep strome, he can be a C/W on the third line with Dach and Kubalik if the decide to move from Caggiula.
They're more likely to move Caggiula than Strome. What I didn't know earlier is that Strome is not arbitration eligible so it allows them to qualify him and kick the can down the road another year. It's huge because it allows them to wait until Saad is off the books.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
They're more likely to move Caggiula than Strome. What I didn't know earlier is that Strome is not arbitration eligible so it allows them to qualify him and kick the can down the road another year. It's huge because it allows them to wait until Saad is off the books.
Nice observation, yeah that makes the cap issues a bit easier to work around. Im also of the mind you can never have enough C's on a line. Helps if someone gets tossed out of the face off dot.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Chicago with a nice couple of scratch off tickets this year. Dach taking another step, getting Mitchell signed, and Boqvist with a full pro year under his belt I think it will be exciting to see what Hawks team steps on the ice next year for the first time in a few years, plus whatever they draft this year depending on where they land

Reactions: Muffinalt

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Chicago seems like a well working starting point for undrafted european players, Kahun, Kubalik, Rutta and now Suter. The Hawks did a pretty good job in recent years with those signings.

Kubalik wasn't undrafted. He was drafted by the Kings. We traded a 5th rounder for his rights.

Reactions: ClydeLee

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Just to get a link with only the Suter signing in:

To add in to this, Suter winning the scoring title in the NLA is only like the 3rd or 4th time that a Swiss player has done it in the past 30-40 years (I read this tidbit a couple of days ago and I forgot the exact details). It's almost always a foreign player that does it.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Is Russia really considered Europe though? It's so vast some technically consider it Asia too, or really its own thing altogether

Totally OT but part of Russian is in Europe, part of it is in Asia. Russians living near the Finnish or Norwegian border would give you a huge WTF if you said they were asian, for example.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Totally OT but part of Russian is in Europe, part of it is in Asia. Russians living near the Finnish or Norwegian border would give you a huge WTF if you said they were asian, for example.
Lol those damn Asian Russians are hard to contain on the ice. Must have been the part bryzgalov was raised in

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->