Claimed off Waivers: [CHI] Blackhawks claim Nick Seeler

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Why? Seems like a 26 year old AHLer.
Seeler can play in this league. He won't ever be anything more than a third pairing guy, but he can play if the Hawks have depth issues.

Carson Soucy kind of just came out of nowhere this year, claimed his position in training camp and never gave it back.

I wouldn't be surprised if a number of teams placed claims on him. I'd be shocked if Winnipeg didn't place a claim, he's certainly better then Bitetto who's playing every night there.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Huh.

Well, best of luck to him. He's really drawn the short straw this year (and last) through no real fault of his own. I'm not sure how it'll work out in Chicago, but he can be a tough SOB and a competent third-pairing guy when he's on his game.

Bruce seemed like he was half-expecting it after his comments on trying to send him down.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Bruce seemed like he was half-expecting it after his comments on trying to send him down.
Yeah, and may have been hoping for it. Soucy's basically given him no choice, but it can't be fun to be the guy scratching him every night either.

A little surprised no one was up to kick a late pick over for him, but such is the state of the bottom-pairing defensemen market.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Was fully expecting him to be claimed. No way was he going to pass.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Yeah, and may have been hoping for it. Soucy's basically given him no choice, but it can't be fun to be the guy scratching him every night either.

A little surprised no one was up to kick a late pick over for him, but such is the state of the bottom-pairing defensemen market.

No one has the cap space is probably a big reason. He seems like a guy playoff teams would be looking at as a 6/7 for pending playoff wars but since half the league is out of cap room and most of those teams are in those playoff seeds right now... *shrug*

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
If I read the schedule right Chicago plays in Minnesota tomorrow night. Awkward.

At least Seeler doesn't have far to go to meet his new team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->