OT: Cheshire Cat Pub burns down

Silvercup Returns

King Karlsson
Jul 28, 2005
Ottawa
So sad. I loved this place.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/story/2013/01/28/ottawa-fire-cheshire-cat-pub-destroyed.html

A fire destroyed a British pub in rural west Ottawa early this morning.

Residents also reported smoke visible above the pub's roof.

Firefighters began to fight the fire from the outside and continued to douse the flames four hours later. At least two dozen trucks responded to the blaze, but there were not any fire hydrants close to the building.

About five hours after the fire started, the bell tower atop the pub's building collapsed to the ground and crumbled.

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
I work right by what was the pub. 3rd fire on richardson side road in the last, what, a year and a half? Too bad tho, it was a nice little spot

Valois

Feb 12, 2012
Ottawa
Great spot, and the only decent pub that was really close to where I used to live. The burger nights were fantastic. Too bad to hear, it was a nice old building too.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Man, that sucks.. This is the place where I first enjoyed deep fried pickles!

Hopefully they rebuild and re-open..

Kekumba

Jan 24, 2008
Ottawa
Devastating news to wake up to.

If you're in the west end and have any remote interest in craft beer, you've likely been to The Cat many times. Truly one of the best places in the city. As a weekly visitor, I'm crushed...what on earth am I gonna do on Friday nights now... :(

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
Just last week they were getting their tires pumped on cbc radio as best authentic english pub in ottawa

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I saw Heatley there one time so it was probably for the best.

Feel bad for the owners though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad