WJC: Cherry's Upcoming Coach's Corner Russian Tirade

Blues0307

May 25, 2009
St. Louis
I'm not sure Glenn Beck Don will have time to talk about the Russian victory between going off on jingoistic tirades and ranting about pansy-assed leftist pinkos

They should really just change the name of the program from "Coach's Corner" to "Seven-Minute Soapbox For Don Cherry's Irrelevant Political Opinions". When's the last time he's actually had any insight to offer? He's just this loud, arrogant, obnoxious fool who has somehow convinced people that it's worth paying him to go on TV and shoot his bigoted mouth off with less command than your average 15 year-old internet blogger.

....and yet, I still watch him every Saturday. May God have mercy on my soul.

This begs the age-old question, who's the bigger fool...?

Blues0307

May 25, 2009
St. Louis
And then you answer: "Your ignorant insinuations make me believe you are alot closer to causing - and supporting - catastrophies than I ever will be. When said corrupt nations support mass murder and mass oppression of ourselves and the destruction of other cultures, and actually fund them with taxes, it's not that hard to take a step back and ask wth is going on here."

If people can't snap out of a life long indoctrination, it's not your fault. If they hate you for it, it's time they bring up a mirror.

My favourite quote of perhaps one of the most insightful men that has ever walked this planet, Jiddu Krishnamurti: "The enemy is not the other. It is you." It can't be said simpler than this.

There are so many things wrong with this, I don't know where to start. First, you realize this is a hockey forum, not a political forum, right? Secondly, don't complain about indoctrination and then write post after post with a slanderous ideological perspective. Apparently you don't know what the word indoctrinate even means; it's to propagandize or instruct with an ideological/biased leaning, see any parallels....? And third, your quote "The enemy is not the other. It is you." would depend on a set of circumstances and the parties involved. To apply that quote here while saying our nations(and thus the people of those nations) support mass murder is insulting, despicable, and a downright lie. You're a sad human-being...

DamonDRW

Dec 23, 2007
Tampere, Finland
well, as we all expected. Dushesne, O'Reily, Tavares and that ****...

we lost with pride? What kind of pride? Since then letting 5 goals in one period and looking completely disorganized are related to pride?

apparently, excuses are for Canadians. Congratulation!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
^ Terrible post. He did not bash you as much as you had hoped so you trash our players. Thanks.

Lol exactly. It was a huge disappointment because he didn't start a firestorm. Time to go looking for one!

The only thing he was praising was how they acted in defeat, which was pretty well. All the post game interviews, etc. I saw...no excuses or complaining like some other players did in the tournament after losses.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Lol exactly. It was a huge disappointment because he didn't start a firestorm. Time to go looking for one!

The only thing he was praising was how they acted in defeat, which was pretty well. All the post game interviews, etc. I saw...no excuses or complaining like some other players did in the tournament after losses.

And of course how could he forget to paint the picture of Russians as drunk, disorderly idiots that aren't worthy of the title. That's perfectly fine, right?

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008

Exactly.

For some reason so many here hate on Cherry and anything Canadian.

So we have some fans with signs that read "it's our game" some posters on here get all bent out of shape. Who the **** cares.

Nothing Cherry said was wrong and it's a fact, every year we have players that are eligible to play that can't because they're in the NHL. Yet, in 10 years we have 5 golds and 5 silvers.

Maybe it's time Hockey Canada just stopped sending teams to all tournaments. Let other countries fund the events from now on.

I wish they would.

We're bad sports, we're arrogant, they won't miss us and I won't miss the BS on hfboards.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
Yeah too bad Hockey Canada isn't arrogant enough to hot house players, have them eat, drink, sleep, study and play hockey together, all so they can attempt to dominate tournaments.

Then they can go to the NHL and cry they need money so the NHL gives them 8 million in welfare.

DamonDRW

Dec 23, 2007
Tampere, Finland
For some reason so many here hate on Cherry and anything Canadian.

there is one simple reason so many hockey nations don't like "anything Canadian". You can't lose with pride and at the same time talk so much about your players having some sort of it. It takes a lot of courage to accept defeat. Instead, you're always looking for excuses.

Rancourt Fist Pump

Goulet-lite
Jul 30, 2010
Not necessarily. Most of em are definitely cry babies though. If you want to lump yourself in with that Pejorative Slur, then go right ahead. Don't try and drag "2,000" other people down with you though.

Take the loss like a grown person. It was a great tournament and 2 great teams went at it in the final. What more do you need as a hockey fan.

Congrats Russia, can't wait to see our teams play again next year. See, it's not so hard.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
there is one simple reason so many hockey nations don't like "anything Canadian". You can't lose with pride and at the same time talk so much about your players having some sort of it. It takes a lot of courage to accept defeat. Instead, you're always looking for excuses.

I think most Canadians congratulated Russia.

Maybe you want us to get down on our knees and congratulate you.

I don't give a damn what others think about us.

You don't think our players have pride or appreciate the effort the Russians gave?

Every ****ing game the coach of the losing team says we didn't bring our A game. The opposing team capitalized on our weakness.

Yet Canada does it and we're poor sports.....you guys are a joke.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
I will give Russia and European countries credit for funding their hockey programs and doing an absolute amazing job of producing top rated talent. Unlike another country that went begging to the NHL for 8 million + a year welfare.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad