WJC: Cherry's Upcoming Coach's Corner Russian Tirade

HeadLikeAnOrange*

I'm hard already and it's only Thursday morning.

Hopefully the first and last time it happens because of an old white senile man in a pimp costume... :help:

Qurpiz

Carry me home!
Nov 5, 2006
He will list all the eligible Canadians who are playing in the NHL.
He will remind how "we still are the best"
He will mention the Olympics

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
He will say that Russia didn't win it but that Canada lost it. He will also talk a lot about the guys that are in the NHL.

BobDobolina

Jan 11, 2010
NYC
Probably will complain (rightly?) about the player selections more than anything. More Ontario boys! :laugh:

Eaglepride*

I really like him he shows pride and patriotism which is always a good thing. If you think about it Canada didn't win silver they lost gold so why not talk about it?

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
He will list all the eligible Canadians who are playing in the NHL.
He will remind how "we still are the best"
He will mention the Olympics

The bolded part is not totally relevant to this particular championship as an excuse and full credit to the Russians but in my mind it is something worth bringing up if people are discussing the overall strength of junior aged players for countries. The year of the lockout when Canada had all of their junior eligible players they totally destroyed the field from start to finish if I recall.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I'm actually looking forward to this coach's corner, my favorite segments are the ones about Europeans. ^^

pmorris

May 24, 2008
NYC Area
What do you think the over/under on how much time he gives this game? 4 minutes? And what's the over/under for the amount of the fine CBC gives him for insensitive comments, especially considering the Russians on-ice celebration and after-party at the airport.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Here's what Saturday will look like.

Intro music

Shut up Ron let me speak

Russia sucks

Canada's awesome, makes reference to gold in Vancouver

Shut up Ron

Butcher every Euro name he can think of

Support our troops.

Wham City

Oct 27, 2006
Whistler
Cherry is not nearly as ridiculous as he used to be. Don't think he can ever top this embarrassing display if he tried.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
So it will be the same old song and dance from xenophobe cherry. He makes me embarrassed to be canadian. And no he doesn't set any good example for kids, regardless of his self-aggrandization.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
I think he'll praise the Russians for showing heart. Won't be happy about the celebrating, probably, but then he never is about celebrating any way other than the Bobby way.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
why would anyone care?

If your life revolves around what Cherry says, or you get overly worked up, you need help:laugh:

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
So it will be the same old song and dance from xenophobe cherry. He makes me embarrassed to be canadian. And no he doesn't set any good example for kids, regardless of his self-aggrandization.

He certainly doesn't rep the majority of Canadians. His demographic seems to be older people. Like people 65+ lol. Grumpy old men.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
I think he'll praise the Russians for showing heart. Won't be happy about the celebrating, probably, but then he never is about celebrating any way other than the Bobby way.

I agree with you. I think he'll actually rip Team Canada a bit and give credit to the "heart" the Russians showed.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
He will certainly talk about the WJC kids who are instead in the NHL.

Then he'll talk about how they should do it with some class.

Then support the troops.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad