CHEREPANOV: What is his upside?

Kaktus*

Last edited by a moderator:

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
What's the deal with him being described by some scouts as gutless?

Any insight on this?

It's one thing to have a bad tourney, but he's taken a lot of heat lately.

it really wasnt that bad. it was just not as good as everyone expected.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Here is the level of caution that GMs take of the non-existant transfer agreement:

Zero.

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
Here is the level of caution that GMs take of the non-existant transfer agreement:

Zero.
Why do you say that? My understanding is quite the opposite- especially if the player is not elite. Believing that bringing a player over might mean going through sticky, lengthy and expensive negotiations are a red flag for many GMs. Some GMS will even back off from drafting a player with a certain agent just to avoid legal, and other, negotiating hassles.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland

Zero.

I'd say a tad bit. Though, really not much. But only if two players were getting exactly the same marks across the board. Later round picks might be a different story.

A good player will find his way to the NHL (unless he says he doesn't want to be here)

Slay

May 24, 2003
Krasnoyarsk
He's more of a goal scorer then a playmaker but how does he score his goal? I heard he scores a lot of garbage goal? What about his shooting and puck control?

I think his shooting and playmaking abilities are just fine and basically are his strongest points. Right now his main problem is that he is not very strong physically which influence his overall game and ability to protect the puck and fight along the boards, he is pushed around pretty easly. Also his skating is a bit suspicious, mainly in terms of power, he usually doesn't have an edge over opposition speedskating-wise but agility-wise he looks good. But I think he has an edge in terms of thinking: his decision-makings with a puck are pretty fast and for the most part optimal.

His playing style reminds me Datsyuk.

Last edited:

kostitsyn1489

Jun 18, 2006
Louiseville, Quebec
Well thanks guys! I wrote something about U18 amd Cherepanov. I wanted to be sure everything was fine. I thought he was more of a guy who scores garbage goal. He seems to be good at it but happy to know that he can score from everywhere. I taught to some guys and well they dont like him much I think and I was wondering why he was rankd that high. I started doubting about him a bit. I thought they were talking about Ryder instead of Cherepanov.

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
I think his shooting and playmaking abilities are just fine and basically are his strongest points. Right now his main problem is that he is not very strong physically which influence his overall game and ability to protect the puck and fight along the boards, he is pushed around pretty easly. Also his skating is a bit suspicious, mainly in terms of power, he usually doesn't have an edge over opposition speedskating-wise but agility-wise he looks good. But I think he has an edge in terms of thinking: his decision-makings with a puck are pretty fast and for the most part optimal.

His playing style reminds me Datsyuk.
I agree completely with this description.

BlackTuuk

Feb 23, 2007
Washington is probably the best home for Chere. It makes the most sense for Chere to play there.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Ovechkin - Backstrom - Fehr
Semin - ???? - Cherepanov
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Is that the worst top six defensively ever created or what?

Man, they would score some goals though. Looks mighty green as well.

Also, I believe the talk is of playing Backstrom with Semin. :teach:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad