Chelsea Management Megathread: Mourinho out soon?

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Wenger is a genius who continually has had prolonged success playing football the way it should. He's had financial restraints, ridiculously freakish injuries, and other teams spending a crapload more than he's been able to.

Mourinho does the same thing regardless of what is at his disposal while consistently abandoning ship and ruining the sport + a plethora of careers. Also has had infinite resources and is a selfish mofo.

It isn't even close. Anybody who thinks that Mourinho is a better manager is freaking insane. ****. Trophies aren't everything, have a little perspective.
Sorry, you guys just can't refute facts no matter how hard you try.

How does it feel to know that a team that Mourinho managed with Deco or Carvalho as the best player won more CL's than Arsenal with Bergkamp and Henry?

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Yes he won some trophies here and there, but he doesn't even come close to Wenger's trophy cabinet.

Just no. In addition to not spending because of his blind faith to players who wouldn't even be first choice on mid-table clubs, he would get completely mind ****ed and embarrassed by Ferguson and Mourinho year after year. He's not a genius. I don't care which club he could have won trophies at, bottom line was his stubbornness was the lead cause to our trophy drought. And now that we've won two FA Cups in a row, he'll use that has a crutch to continue to his stubborn ways which will keep our league and CL drought going. Our summer transfer window proves it.

But hey, "Wenger ****ing knows", right?

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
Sorry, you guys just can't refute facts no matter how hard you try.

How does it feel to know that a team that Mourinho managed with Deco or Carvalho as the best player won more CL's than Arsenal with Bergkamp and Henry?

What is with this board and absolutes? Mourinho is a bottom table manager using garbage tactics with big clubs. You give a guy a massive budget, with huge resources, and he'll win something. It's pretty freaking easy to piece all of that together, no?

How did Chelsea fair after Mourinho left? How are they going to look when he gets fired? I guess that results trump longevity, consistency, professionalism, etc?

Neither of us have to even do research to know that the highest spending clubs have always won domestically and in Europe for a while now. Mourinho has constantly been in that tier of clubs, Wenger hasn't.

It's insanity. Wenger could've left Arsenal for greener pastures and won plenty of titles. It wouldn't, or shouldn't, have changed his legacy at all.

Just Win

Nov 3, 2008
Stuttgart
What is with this board and absolutes? Mourinho is a bottom table manager using garbage tactics with big clubs. You give a guy a massive budget, with huge resources, and he'll win something. It's pretty freaking easy to piece all of that together, no?

How did Chelsea fair after Mourinho left? How are they going to look when he gets fired? I guess that results trump longevity, consistency, professionalism, etc?

Neither of us have to even do research to know that the highest spending clubs have always won domestically and in Europe for a while now. Mourinho has constantly been in that tier of clubs, Wenger hasn't.

It's insanity. Wenger could've left Arsenal for greener pastures and won plenty of titles. It wouldn't, or shouldn't, have changed his legacy at all.

Greener pastures than Arsenal? I hate to break it to you but Arsenal is already one of the top 10 richest clubs in the world. And Wenger has won next to nothing with them in the last decade. Unless you consider the FA Cup and the Community shield a big enough trophy for a team with Arsenal's resources.

And that must be on hell of bottom table manager considering all the trophies he has won. And what massive budget did Mourinho have in Porto?

Mourinho actually has proven he can win with a big and a smaller (at least for CL teams) budget. Wenger has proven **** in that regard.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

Well said. Agreed 100%.

JaymzB

Apr 8, 2003
Toronto
Why do Gunners have to bring up Wenger here? Can't we keep this thread to simply laughing at Mou/Chelsea?

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011

"bottom table manager using garbage tactics"? :laugh: Those tactics have seen Chelsea scoring more goals than Arsenal in each season that Mourinho has been in charge, except his first. Those garbage tactics seem to be more effective at getting goals as well as winning. Admittedly, it isn't always the easiest on the eye, but the standard during the first half of last season was a lot better than given credit for.

Huge resources? Arsenal have huge resources compared to 99.9% of clubs in Europe. They have a higher net spend than Chelsea in the transfer market since Mourinho has returned to Chelsea. Two trophies in the past decade is a terrible record for a club with the resources of Arsenal.

I'm not a fan of Mourinho's behaviour, and certainly not a fan of Chelsea, but Mourinho's record as a manager is very good. The questions I'd ask about Mourinho is whether he would have had more success at Madrid if he had complete control, and if Chelsea would be in a much better position if they had done what he said in the summer.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
except Mourinho won the CL with Porto and Inter lol

I will give him Porto, but that was just before all the sugar daddy's and Barcelona youth academy came on the scene. I doubt he would be able to replicate that success again IMO.

Panteras I hope you're not forgetting how good of a team Inter was, it was them and AC Milan as two of the most popular clubs during the 2000s (I knew about them before knowing who Barca was). They had a prime César, Sneijder, Eto'o, Milito, Zanetti, Lucio and when Maicon was good. It was an older club, which has never repeated anything since.

Just no. In addition to not spending because of his blind faith to players who wouldn't even be first choice on mid-table clubs, he would get completely mind ****ed and embarrassed by Ferguson and Mourinho year after year. He's not a genius. I don't care which club he could have won trophies at, bottom line was his stubbornness was the lead cause to our trophy drought. And now that we've won two FA Cups in a row, he'll use that has a crutch to continue to his stubborn ways which will keep our league and CL drought going. Our summer transfer window proves it.

But hey, "Wenger ****ing knows", right?
I am talking more about past young Wenger than current Wenger. No arguments from me concerning what Arsene has been like the last 5 seasons or so. He is his own worst enemy.

I also consider it hilarious that everyone is sticking up for Moaninho to discredit Wenger, but I would guarantee all of you that if Wenger and Moaninho were a free agent managers, and your "hometown" club just fired theirs, you would all be screaming for Arsene. Hypocrisy.

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I will give him Porto, but that was just before all the sugar daddy's and Barcelona youth academy came on the scene. I doubt he would be able to replicate that success again IMO.

Panteras I hope you're not forgetting how good of a team Inter was, it was them and AC Milan as two of the most popular clubs during the 2000s (I knew about them before knowing who Barca was). They had a prime César, Sneijder, Eto'o, Milito, Zanetti, Lucio and when Maicon was good. It was an older club, which has never repeated anything since.

I am talking more about past young Wenger than current Wenger. No arguments from me concerning what Arsene has been like the last 5 seasons or so. He is his own worst enemy.

I also consider it hilarious that everyone is sticking up for Moaninho to discredit Wenger, but I would guarantee all of you that if Wenger and Moaninho were a free agent managers, and your "hometown" club just fired theirs, you would all be screaming for Arsene. Hypocrisy.

Calling him Moaninho is a great way to show how biased you are

Last edited:

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
What is with this board and absolutes?

I don't know, but I hope you aren't deterred from upholding the spirit of moderation with your every post.

Myself, I'd never observed Arsene Wenger being forced to use paper clips and bits of string to hold Arsenal together. And I don't reckon that just anybody could have guided Porto to the 2004 Champions League. But so it goes.

I think it is a fair point that Mourinho's tactics are always going to leave him walking a razor's edge with creative players. It's one thing to curb your natural game if its wins you prizes you've never before enjoyed, another to feel you're being asked to sacrifice yourself for diminishing returns.

On the other hand, William Gallas- who has worked with Mourinho and Wenger- once opined that he thought Wenger's relative indulgence of his young players' flaws had hindered their development.

Man-mangement has always been a tricky business. But within a more individualistic society, and a football culture of relentless short-termism, entitlement, and agitating agents, its even tougher to keep the peasants from revolting.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
Greener pastures than Arsenal? I hate to break it to you but Arsenal is already one of the top 10 richest clubs in the world. And Wenger has won next to nothing with them in the last decade. Unless you consider the FA Cup and the Community shield a big enough trophy for a team with Arsenal's resources.

And that must be on hell of bottom table manager considering all the trophies he has won. And what massive budget did Mourinho have in Porto?

Mourinho actually has proven he can win with a big and a smaller (at least for CL teams) budget. Wenger has proven **** in that regard.

Without Wenger, Arsenal would've finished outside of the top 4 on a few occasions and wouldn't have had the same success. Pretty clearly.

People just love to get on his case like they do Arsenal. It is what it is.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Calling him Moaninho is a great way to show how biased you are

I do hate Chelsea and I can't stand Moaninho, but I wouldn't say I am biased. I might have strange opinions here, but I think I am pretty fair concerning the subjects I touch on.

Here is how I am unbiased, I even googled yesterday who has more trophies and I must admit I was wrong that Wenger had more trophies. I always knew that Moaninho won the better trophies, but I thought Wenger had more number of trophies. Well I was wrong, my bad about this. But even with that said, I would easily take Wenger over a ********* Moaninho. I think consistently winning with one club gets more praise by me than Moaninho's winnable first season resulting in him getting fired in the next due to atrocious efforts from his club. What is happening with Chelsea under him has not been different from any of the other clubs he's been at. All he is, is a one season manager and that is pretty pathetic considering his character is the reason why.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
To call Wenger's marriage with Arsenal happy would be a gross overstatement. People have been asking for his head on and off for 7 or 8 years now. You had a great marriage for 9 years, then you guys stopped having sex. Had it one day a year the last two years but it's nothing like it used to be. Been looking at other women for a few years but just can't part with your wife because she's the mother of your kids. I think that's the best analogy.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
What would you rather have...a one night stand with one the hottest woman resulting in syphilis or a consistent happily marriage without any STDs?!

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: Mourinho resulting in STDs. You are one odd duck and come up with some crazy stuff, but I have to say that one made me laugh.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
To call Wenger's marriage with Arsenal happy would be a gross overstatement. People have been asking for his head on and off for 7 or 8 years now. You had a great marriage for 9 years, then you guys stopped having sex. Had it one day a year the last two years but it's nothing like it used to be. Been looking at other women for a few years but just can't part with your wife because she's the mother of your kids. I think that's the best analogy.
Couldn't say it any better myself.

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
What would you rather have...a one night stand with one the hottest woman resulting in syphilis or a consistent happily marriage without any STDs?!

ceelo-laugh.gif

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
The guy who said Mourinho was certain to be fired today backtracked on what he said. Said something like Abramovich won't fire him cause he needs fan support for new stadium or some ****.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->