Chelsea Management Megathread: Mourinho out soon?

Discussion in 'Soccer' started by Tryamkin, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Cassano

Cassano nyeah eh

Software Engineer
    Well they swapped Torres and Costa since....

2. Evilo

Evilo Registered User

You're right. And they went from barely beating PSG to barely losing to PSG. Clearly, they're better.

3. Wee Baby Seamus

Wee Baby Seamus Yo, Goober, where's the meat?

A. That's a reflection on the development of PSG.
    B. The second leg against PSG last year was one of the worst games I've ever seen Chelsea play. (Before this season)

However, I agree overall that Atletico are currently better than Chelsea. If I were to make a joint Chelsea-Atleti squad:

Costa
    Hazard - Koke - Griezmann
    Matic - Fabregas
    Filipe Luis - Godin - Gimenez - Azpilicueta
    Courtois

Atletico's defeat of Chelsea wasn't quite a "destruction" IMO. It was a clear outplaying, but 3-1 isn't a slaughter. This was without Matic in the side as well.

4. YNWA14

YNWA14 Onbreekbaar

Rodgers with a very good team would be interesting to watch. He set up Liverpool quite well when they had elite attacking talent available (which Chelsea does).

Personally I think he'd do a good job there even if the job wasn't a long term one.

That's under the assumption of course that the players would play for him. After all they sulk under Mourinho they probably would look at what happened to Rodgers at Liverpool and immediately disrespect him, bunch of plebs.

5. Savant

Savant Registered User

Ha. Sad but true. Maybe he won't be forced to play players out of position at Chelsea though.

6. Plato

Plato Registered User

7. Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich AV AND GORTON OUT

Student
    You aren't going to get anyone better, so why fire Mourinho? How about the players just play better?

8. Vasilevskiy

Vasilevskiy I've many surnames

Griezmann is the best forward in both teams.
    Arguably better than hazard.

Koke is better than willian... and gimenez looks like a future top 5 cb

9. S E P H

S E P H @SEPH_WHL

WHL
    Very confused....why would either Simone or Pep want to downgrade from their current clubs to Chelsea, when they could just join Arsenal or stay at their clubs instead?!

Its because Moaninho has never consistently had a long career at any club he's been at. He always performs like a top 10 manager in the world the first year, but his personality flaws get the better of him and he always does something stupid to lose the dressing room. This time around, how he treated a woman doctor had big implications on the season. He tried to justify his subpar start to a woman doctor who decided to come on the pitch and "waste time". Actually I have no problems if Moaninho wants a male doctor in an all male sport, but how he conducted it was truly tasteless (which is why the media had a field day with the story). Moaninho carries a lot of baggage and even if he is a top 10 manager the first year, his history and record speaks for itself for the years that follow, to the point that if you consider EVERYTHING, he really isn't a very good manager to big with. Yes he won some trophies here and there, but he doesn't even come close to Wenger's trophy cabinet (and everyone here knows my beef concerning Wenger as well). There are better managers out there which could do a better job consistently over Moaninho. Moaninho also destroyed this team by selling Schurrle and KdB, two players who could easily be better than the likes of Willian and Diving Oscar. Then he put all his money and transfer targets on only ONE CB, which Everton was never going to sell. Football is the most played sport with like 270 million active players, he can't find another CB?!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  10. Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon Dybalascibar

Simeone has revamped Atelti during the last transfer window, he's built a team with an eye towards the future filled with offensive weapons, he now can go out an attack pretty much any team without feeling outgunned. This is the biggest test in his coaching career, can he guide a team that isn't all about structural defence and still win? That remains to be seen and I'd imagine he won't leave until he either succeeds or completely fails with this new group.

I'd wager he's next move is the Argentinian NT btw.

11. Live in the Now

Live in the Now Registered User

Awards:
    [​IMG]

oh

my

god

No dude. Wenger comes nowhere near close. Mourinho's won 8 leagues, 2 CL's, one UEFA Cup. Wenger's never won a single European trophy. Can you math?

12. S E P H

S E P H @SEPH_WHL

WHL
    I knew that this would come up, but you're wrong. And I will tell you why, if we put Wenger of 6-8 years ago on Real Madrid or Barcelona, you're telling me that Wenger would have never won any Champion's Leagues? If he goes on already established clubs with the already talent placed on both of those teams, he would murder the La Liga and Europe. Wenger is his own worst enemy because he hates to spend due to him trusting too much of the players he already has. Put him on a club which had a prime Xavi, prime Inesita, prime Puyol, prime Alonso, young Messi, young Ronaldo, prime Kaka, prime Sneijder, prime van der Vaart, Ibrah, and Robben. Wenger would do some serious damage.

13. Live in the Now

Live in the Now Registered User

Awards:
    I'm not wrong. You just said that Wenger had a bigger set of trophies. I don't care where Wenger could have gone. He hasn't won more trophies. You are wrong.

14. YNWA14

YNWA14 Onbreekbaar

It's easy to forget I guess that Mourinho won the CL with Porto. What's Wenger's excuse again?

I mean, I'm not a big Arsenal hater but that statement above is just ridiculous. Wenger doesn't approach Mourinho's accomplishments regardless of the brand of football/mind games/etc. he used to get there

15. Savant

Savant Registered User

You put me as coach of that team and I could do some serious damage. Mourinho didn't exactly have a murderer's row at Porto, or Inter for that matter.

16. Evilo

Evilo Registered User

I'm hearing tandem of Ancelotti and Makelele.
    Former fired coach and coach who was fired from Bastia in a heartbeat after being awful.

17. Wee Baby Seamus

Wee Baby Seamus Yo, Goober, where's the meat?

As long as Ancelotti is the main manager and Makelele is more of an assistant, then I'm okay with this.

18. Virtanen18

Virtanen18 SAMCRO

Chelsea was exciting as **** under Carlo.

19. Tryamkin

Tryamkin Never gonna give you up...

So does Zouma, and Cahill is better right now

Agree on Griezmann. I just have a bit of a dislike because I liked him way better on the wing, and now that they have a great striker in Martinez, I think he should go back. But Easily Hazard>Griez,

20. Panteras

Panteras perennial loser

except Mourinho won the CL with Porto and Inter lol

21. jumptheshark

jumptheshark Rebooting myself Sponsor

currently creating a new identity
  22. GKJ

GKJ Global Moderator

It's astonishing that it's even come to this. Has there ever been this much turmoil a couple months into the season for the defending league champs?

23. Plato

Plato Registered User

Juventus isn't doing too well this year domestically either.
    Just a matter of time before they find themselves again.
    Also, not a league champion, but Dortmund's first half last season was atrocious as well.

24. les Habs

les Habs Registered User

Fixed that for you. As many others have noted, neither Guardiola or Simeone is an option right now. Guardiola wouldn't leave before his contract is done and I can't see Simeone leaving Atleti midseason for anyone. That's on top of the likelihood that neither goes to Chelsea at any time.

Best post on this if you ask me. Only thing is I'd go 4-3-3 to provide more balance and get Cesc closer to goal. Something like:

---------------Costa---------------
    Hazard-----------------Griezmann
    ---------Cesc--------Koke---------
    ---------------Matic----------------
    Filipe---Godin-----Gimenez-----?
    ---------------Courtois------------

I'd consider Juanfran over Azpilicueta.

Atleti has quite the group of young players that not only could form the core of a future side that challenges both domestically but also in Europe, he even has about half a squad for the future already. From the age of 20 though 24 he has the following:

Oblak
    Gimenez
    Velazquez
    Savic
    Koke
    O Torres
    Niguez
    Ferreira-Carrasco
    Griezmann
    Correa
    Vietto

That's quite the group of young players to be able to plan a future around.

I don't think Cahill is better right now at all.

25. Edo

Edo The Mightiest Club

Home Page:
    Wenger is a genius who continually has had prolonged success playing football the way it should. He's had financial restraints, ridiculously freakish injuries, and other teams spending a crapload more than he's been able to.

Mourinho does the same thing regardless of what is at his disposal while consistently abandoning ship and ruining the sport + a plethora of careers. Also has had infinite resources and is a selfish mofo.

It isn't even close. Anybody who thinks that Mourinho is a better manager is freaking insane. ****. Trophies aren't everything, have a little perspective.