Chelios says...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
no13matssundin said:
Sorry, No one is listening. We're too busy making sense instead of siding with a bunch of hypocrite hockey players.

Hmm a side that says hockey isnt important vs a side that says teams should move if they cant make money. Doesnt sound like either side is making any sense when they open their mouths.

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
Hockeyfan02 said:
Hmm a side that says hockey isnt important vs a side that says teams should move if they cant make money. Doesnt sound like either side is making any sense when they open their mouths.

The difference is that is one man as opposed to the serial stupidity exercised by the players when ever they get the chance to open their mouths.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
"I agree with Chelly." = "I posted a contraction thread on this board." = "I live in a large market or a Canadian town and you can't have my game you pissant Americans." :shakehead

R0CKET

Jul 2, 2004
mr gib said:
the truth hurts - seattle - kansas city - winnipeg - portland - houston - las vegas

Oh yeah this is really intelligent:

KC Scouts = defunct
Winnipeg = moved due to lack of revenues to compete
Houston = Aeros never even made it to the NHL from the WHA
Portland...anyone, anyone?
Seattle...ditto
Las Vegas...yeah - they are really clammoring for ice there, for their free drinks genius.

I hope the players enjoy their new careers as parking lot attendants or burger flippers.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
OilerFan4Life said:
But that doesnt mean they still have there jobs :(

At least they are getting paid. Wonder if they are still hanging around with the players, go to practices and stuff.

wazee

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
R0CKET said:
Oh yeah this is really intelligent:

KC Scouts = defunct

I hope the players enjoy their new careers as parking lot attendants or burger flippers.
Actually, the KC Scouts moved to Denver and because the Colorado Rockies. Six years and several bad owners later, they moved again and became the Devils.

AdvDave

Jan 27, 2005
All I know is that he didn't shake hands with the Preds last year at the end of their series. I have no respect for that or him.

And the reason why he probably didn't shake hands is that scott walker knocked his ass out, then everyone chanted "Chelios is a sissy". It was classic.

R0CKET

Jul 2, 2004
wazee said:
Actually, the KC Scouts moved to Denver and because the Colorado Rockies. Six years and several bad owners later, they moved again and became the Devils.

Yeah, I thought that they also consolidated with the Clevland Barons somewhere in there as well.

Either way I don't think KC is going to have anyone forget about Hockeytown anytime soon.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
AdvDave said:
All I know is that he didn't shake hands with the Preds last year at the end of their series. I have no respect for that or him.

And the reason why he probably didn't shake hands is that scott walker knocked his ass out, then everyone chanted "Chelios is a sissy". It was classic.

He also refused to shake hands with Team Finland after the semi-final at the World Cup of Hockey 2004. Zero respect for that clown.

Reilly311

eye said:
Owners should worry about business decisions
GM's should worry about hockey operations
Coaches should coach
Players should play...when they start thinking they get themselves into trouble. Chelios is one arrogant sun of a b... :shakehead

right, and fans should just be fans.

myrocketsgotcracked

apparantly other players from uhl arent too happy about chelios and others playing in the uhl either. they call chelios a hypocrite, saying how they wont play for the nhl for $5M/yr but play in the uhl for $500/wk. they also say chelios is selfish, taking jobs away from uhl players, guys who need the job to feed their family. again these are stuff uhl players say on sportsnet, and it shows how fellow hockey players think about nhl'ers action during the lockout.
also, chelios (the prophet) proclaim that revenue sharing WILL NOT WORK. even though the nhl has yet to determine the method of revenue sharing but had said it'll make sure small market teams WILL have enough money to spend to meet the salary floor. i guess chelios can see the future before it unfolds.

Reilly311

SuperKarateMonkey said:
apparantly other players from uhl arent too happy about chelios and others playing in the uhl either. they call chelios a hypocrite, saying how they wont play for the nhl for $5M/yr but play in the uhl for $500/wk. they also say chelios is selfish, taking jobs away from uhl players, guys who need the job to feed their family. again these are stuff uhl players say on sportsnet, and it shows how fellow hockey players think about nhl'ers action during the lockout.
also, chelios (the prophet) proclaim that revenue sharing WILL NOT WORK. even though the nhl has yet to determine the method of revenue sharing but had said it'll make sure small market teams WILL have enough money to spend to meet the salary floor. i guess chelios can see the future before it unfolds.
are you aware that there are 300+ players who are playing in other leagues for less money? Chelios isn't the only one who thinks like this.

myrocketsgotcracked

Reilly311 said:
are you aware that there are 300+ players who are playing in other leagues for less money? Chelios isn't the only one who thinks like this.

i know, i was just commenting about the fact that even fellow hockey players (non nhl'ers) dont support what the nhl'ers are doing during this lockout. i wasnt just picking on chelios, it just so happen that sportsnet was doing a piece about this.

Hockey_Nut99

So if the 3 players currently on the team don't get cut, then won't their ice time deminish? Can all those players dress for a game? If 3 guys always have to sit out one game then they shouldn't have signed there.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
John Flyers Fan said:
so you're wearing blinders and sticking fingers in your ears ??? :dunno:

I think it's you who's doing that, I've seen you post here on business boards for a while and it's pretty clear that you're totally chosen the PA's side in this.

FACT is that nobody else has made dumber comments than Domi, Richardson, Linden, Chelios, McCabe, Esche and Pronger. Owners don't have a complete gag order, they are banned only from saying negative stuff about players or negoatitions.

NHLPA had very little public support and comments like these made by Chelios only makes it worse for them.

I tried to keep an open mind at the start of the CBA negoations but soon I realized that PA is so totally out of touch with reality that it's not even funny. Currently I'm hoping that NHL not only gets the hard cap, I also hope that they completely demolish the union and make sure that many of those losers are out of NHL for good.

Bicycle Repairman

Jul 1, 2003
Visit site
The Motor City Mechanics quoted here seem rather ameniable to the arrival of the NHLers.

Detroit News

Seems the team had three openings as well. Quite convenient I must say. It certainly beats scouring the bushes for three scrubs.

Brewleaguer

Jan 31, 2005
BLONG7 said:
Just saw an interview on Sportsnet, and Chelios says he doesn't want to see small market teams lose money, so his suggestion... just move them...Wow Chri$ if it was only that easy, just move the teams that are struggling financially so the he and his union boys can continue to be overpaid... :shakehead
This should of been done long ago, but Bettman just ignores the fact he screwed up by putting teams in weak markets. What Cheli is saying, if they can't cut the mustard were they are maybe they should find them a market where they can cut it, like back to Canada. DUH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad