Status
Not open for further replies.

Trottier

Very Random
Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Visit site
blitzkriegs said:
What's with the Almighty 'I have a Webster's defense' on this board? So, he typed to make a POINT, not to make sure he passed his HF spelling bee.

Now poeple can't reaad unleess everyythingg is grammartically corekt? :sarcasm:

But that's the beauty of the message boards, Blitz. Successful adults like us can have our spelling corrected by an unemployed fool sitting somewhere in his underwear, still collecting $10 weekly allowance from mom and dad.

Equality of the keyboard, if nothing else.

Got to love it!

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Dr Love said:
Anyone else find this funny? It's "pot meet kettle" or "pot calling the kettle black" not "kettle meet black." I only point this out because you're critiquing someone for getting something wrong.

not as funny as Chelios ticked at Bettman for making him ( players ) look bad.

pssssst...Chris...you're doing okay on your own.

Dr Love

Mar 22, 2002
Location, Location!
Gee Wally said:
not as funny as Chelios ticked at Bettman for making him ( players ) look bad.

pssssst...Chris...you're doing okay on your own.
Agreed. Chelios needs to wake the hell up. Want to get angry at Bettman? Fine, he's got the right to do so. But he better have worse words for Goodenow, who completely failed to get the job done. And the more of these type of sound bites that come out, the worse it's going to get for the players.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Dr Love said:
Anyone else find this funny? It's "pot meet kettle" or "pot calling the kettle black" not "kettle meet black." I only point this out because you're critiquing someone for getting something wrong.

I guess the sarcasm detector, with my obvious error and posting of the spinner hat, didn't go off.

Trottier

Very Random
Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Visit site
ryz said:
I see the point you are trying to make, but I have to disagree. When he was younger he was an all-star. Right now, at 43, he doesn't make 20 teams top 6 if his name isn't Chelios. Watching him play a speedy team like the Flames in last years play-offs really exposed him........ until the unstoppable force known as Oleg Saprykin layed him out and injured him for the series. I can't believe he is actually thinking of playing again when the season starts up. He's hanging on way too long, like Jerry Rice.

ryz - I will defer to your opinion on Chelios, and I over-reacted to make a point myself. The suggestion that the first poster made regarding Chelios not earning his career pay, nor having a good season in a decade was absurd.

And besides, it had nothing to do with the actual comments made by Chelios.

FlyersFan10*

Why is it that people only post a portion of what Chelios said? It's convenient how people only post the part about the salary cap, but they didn't post the other paragraph: "It's all about the lies and separating the players from the league and making us look bad because we have to defend ourselves. And that alone should be just cause for him to get the gas after this is all done."

Convenient that people forgot to post that. And I think it's a fair assessment that Chelios said.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Crazy Joe Davola said:
Chelio WILL be in Turin on '06.

But not as a hockey player, as a bobsledder!
Chi-ca-go we have a bobsled team!

Face Wash

Mar 17, 2002
Visit site
"And if he's patting himself on the back for getting a cap, every sport's got a cap. I mean, big deal, he's the last one to get it and he's run our league into the ground."

I wasn't aware baseball had a salary cap... This is definitely news to me (I bet it's news to Donald Fehr and George Steinbrenner too).

At least he didn't threaten Bettmann with physical harm this time... See, Chris is moving up in the world. He's gone from Neanderthal to CroMagnon...Congrats dude!! :yo:

Face Wash said:
I wasn't aware baseball had a salary cap... This is definitely news to me (I bet it's news to Donald Fehr and George Steinbrenner too).

At least he didn't threaten Bettmann with physical harm this time... See, Chris is moving up in the world. He's gone from Neanderthal to CroMagnon...Congrats dude!! :yo:

Maybe by the time he's 50 he will have finally left the cave and moved on to a nice modern hut...

shadoz19

May 21, 2004
Master Shake said:
Sour grapes from a dinosaur who made way more money in this league then he ever should have.

Hey Chris, retire already. You suck now and have for a few years. Id rather Bettman stick around then some washed up has been who hasnt had a good year in a decade and was way overpaid the whole time.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=130194

Chelios may run his mouth like a moron, but come on get the facts straight. He has been a very good player in the last 10 years.

senate

Feb 25, 2004
blitzkriegs said:
This is classic though:

"And if he's patting himself on the back for getting a cap, every sport's got a cap. I mean, big deal, he's the last one to get it and he's run our league into the ground."

Baseball doesn't.

Timmy

Feb 2, 2005
bcrt2000 said:
how does a poster's favourite team relate with anything in this topic? :dunno:

Sorry, I responded to a personal attack on another poster. The fact that Chelios says "Every league has a cap, so what's the big deal," is stupid on so many levels that posters and hockey fans have a right to make fun of the statement.

To then be derided and to be called stupid oneself seems a little unfair to me, especially in light of past antics by Mr. Chelios at various points in an otherwise illustrious, HOF career.

But what I really want to know is, what the Hell does that 04 Sens Cup avatar mean? It drives me nuts every time I see it.

craig1

Nov 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
Face Wash said:
Not so fast:

"And that alone should be just cause for him to get the gas after this is all done."

To me, the suggestion that he be gassed sounds very much like a threat.

CarlRacki

Feb 9, 2004
craig1 said:
Not so fast:

"And that alone should be just cause for him to get the gas after this is all done."

To me, the suggestion that he be gassed sounds very much like a threat.

Perhaps I'm oversensitive, but in my mind it's way out of line for Chelios to suggest Gary Bettman - a person of Jewish descent - be gassed. I'm not sure Chelios has the brain cells it would take to make the historical connections and realize how inappropriate those words are. My guess is it was unintentional. Still, one needs to choose words far more wisely.
Then again, maybe Chelios knows exactly what he's saying. He's always carried himself with such class and dignity.

Last edited:

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
Boy if the media picks up on that Chelios is suggesting a Jewish person get "gassed"...

But, in all honesty, I'm pretty sure the bonehead was just suggesting he be fired. Even Chelios, one of the dumbest players in the league, couldn't be *that* stupid...

...could he?

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
CarlRacki said:
Perhaps I'm oversensitive, but in my mind it's way out of line for Chelios to suggest Gary Bettman - a person of Jewish descent - be gassed. I'm not sure Chelios has the brain cells it would take to make the historical connections and realize how inappropriate those words are. My guess is it was unintentional. Still, one needs to choose words far more wisely.
Then again, maybe Chelios knows exactly what he's saying. He's always carried himself with such class and dignity.

I didn't know Bettman was Jewish. And when Chelios said 'gassed', that's no where near the first thing that popped into my mind. I'd imagine that that's the case for most people.

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
Crazy_Ike said:
Boy if the media picks up on that Chelios is suggesting a Jewish person get "gassed"...

But, in all honesty, I'm pretty sure the bonehead was just suggesting he be fired. Even Chelios, one of the dumbest players in the league, couldn't be *that* stupid...

...could he?
yeah i figured it was just a figure of speach to mean fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad