OT: Chelios, Niedermayer, Shanahan, Heaney and Shero Inducted into HHOF

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Still say Chelios had no business being awarded a Norris w/ Ray Bourque still in his prime. Unlike Lidstrom, they were just sick of giving it to him. But, at least Chelios did play defense, unlike Paul "hey, look a 2 on 1!" Coffey.

This will go over like a fart in church around here, but you do have to respect Chelios for his durability throughout, and especially toward the end of his career w/ Detroit.

Shanny, *sigh* what if?

Congrats to them both.

kytem2

Nov 18, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
The Hockey Hall of Fame is a bit of a joke anyway...they seem to guarantee a crop of 4 or 5 entries each year, no matter how worthy the recipients may be.

TCDaniels

Legen... Wait for it
Feb 12, 2003
Maine
Still say Chelios had no business being awarded a Norris w/ Ray Bourque still in his prime. Unlike Lidstrom, they were just sick of giving it to him. But, at least Chelios did play defense, unlike Paul "hey, look a 2 on 1!" Coffey.

This will go over like a fart in church around here, but you do have to respect Chelios for his durability throughout, and especially toward the end of his career w/ Detroit.Shanny, *sigh* what if?

Congrats to them both.

Why would that go over like a fart in church around here? Just bcz he was a Hab?
Hab or not - He was a great player for a heluva long time...

kutskova

Nov 5, 2006
Man, I loved niedermayers game but HHOF? I know he has a Stanley cup, memorial cup, ect... I feel he is just not that special player that deserves this honor.

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
Man, I loved niedermayers game but HHOF? I know he has a Stanley cup, memorial cup, ect... I feel he is just not that special player that deserves this honor.

He won a memorial cup, world juniors, stanley cup, olympic gold (2 i believe) world cup and a world hockey championship. He was chosen over quite a few guys to play for his country at the Olympics.

I'd like to hear the reason as to why you feel he's not a special player.

IMO, he's was one of the best to play in his era.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad