Mar 11, 2002
2nd to FloydianSlip
Visit site

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
Hmm..

Sotnos said:
Easy for him to say "contract teams, who cares about losing jobs?" when he's at the end of his career and this doesn't affect him in any way, shape or form. :shakehead

Gotta wonder, if you're the #21 - 23 guy on the 23 man roster how concerned should you be with these types of comments from a veteran all-star calibre player? Even Saskins comments on the TSN hot seat should have them concerned too. Who is the PA really looking out for? If 4 - 6 teams die, you can bet that the 92 - 138 guys who lose their jobs won't be the top 6 forwards or top 4 dmen.

Maybe these guys will in the next couple of months think, maybe I should think about myself first cause, if the league contracts, I surely won't make the 500 - 800K I do right now. Heck, if I don't have puck skills, can I even get a job in Europe?

theo_60

Sep 18, 2004
Theres no one I hate more in the NHL than Chris Chelios (well there are a lof of Leafs) but he has a valid point. Sure there might be guys losing jobs but do they honestly deserve them jobs in the first place? Ben Simon, Steve Moore, Pascal Rheaume there's no room in the NHL for guys like this. Take the scrubs out and the NHL is a higher quality leauge. 10 years ago there weren't these "jobs" anyway.

If any of you watch "Bell Making the Cut" you would have heard a comment by one of the associates when he said "we get rid of the weaker players and all of a sudden the quality of play is a lot higher" or some where along those lines.

10 years ago hockey was exciting, scoring was up, and hockey was marketable. I was surprised to read Chelios say that the NHL is trying to sell the game where it cannot be sold in the Southern USA, and I couldnt agree more (except not just in Southern). Tampa Bay, Atlanta, Carolina, Florida, Anaheim, Nashville cannot sell the game. Tampa did well last year but they had the NHL behind them and that is why they won the Cup - WAS TO TRY AND SELL THE GAME IN South USA. The game is sold in Canada and thats why game 6's overtime winner by Calgary did not count and that is why Calgary lost!!!!!!!

Contract teams back down to 24 and let's see a better league. Oh yea and get rid of Betteman, replace him with Brian Burke and get rid of Goodenow.

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
theo_60 said:
Tampa did well last year but they had the NHL behind them and that is why they won the Cup - WAS TO TRY AND SELL THE GAME IN South USA. The game is sold in Canada and thats why game 6's overtime winner by Calgary did not count and that is why Calgary lost!!!!!!!
Geez, give the conspiracy theories a rest. The "controversial" goal wasn't in OT, either.

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
The league is way better right now than it was ever before.

Players that were 5th or 6th defensemen 10-15 years ago, would be mediocre AHLers now. Scoring was high, because there were so many "talentless" players in the league that it was easy for talented players to score.

If all these new players would be as bad as suggested, then scoring would have gone up, not down, regardless of the system.

The comment about the Stanley Cup finale has to be a joke, because it couldn't be more wrong. :shakehead

Why should the league fire Bettman?
Revenues are on a all-time high, high salaries are the fault of GMs, owners and player agents, who found holes in the CBA.

Why should the NHLPA fire Goodenow?
Player salaries were never higher, average salaries have tripled, he got them a contract that is extremely favourable for the players.

Go Flames Go*

Chelios if a peice of crap, he sucked from the get go, hes a overpayed gezeer that should crawl under a bridge and die. Saprykin showed that ***** how hockey is supposed to be played when he seperated his weak shoulders.

Andrew Ferrence>Chris Chelios

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Burke's Evil Spirit said:
This is pretty mild for Chelios considering what he was spewing during the last lockout...

Just you wait...we're not even halfway through October yet.

Come November and December, once the bloodletting begins in earnest, you'll see some fine fireworks.

This lockout has the potential to be much nastier than 10 years ago.

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
Sanderson said:
The comment about the Stanley Cup finale has to be a joke, because it couldn't be more wrong. :shakehead
Nah, he was probably serious, and he's not the only one who believes crap like that, either.

It's just so disrespectful of the hard work the players of Tampa put in, it just burns me to see ridiculous comments like that.

Go Flames Go*

Sotnos said:
Nah, he was probably serious, and he's not the only one who believes crap like that, either.

It's just so disrespectful of the hard work the players of Tampa put in, it just burns me to see ridiculous comments like that.

Its the truth man, yall where handed the cup, there is no hard work in screwing a team so bad like the NHL did to the Flames. We are the true champions in everyones heart not that old fart Aderchucky. We are the true champions and its a shame the players had to be so greedy, that we wont ever get a chance to see this team again kick Tampa's girly asses in November, then watch as they miss the playoffs while uncle Sutter sips the sweet champagne from the cup.

The real champs the Flames.

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
Go Flames Go said:
Its the truth man, yall where handed the cup, there is no hard work in screwing a team so bad like the NHL did to the Flames. We are the true champions in everyones heart not that old fart Aderchucky. We are the true champions and its a shame the players had to be so greedy, that we wont ever get a chance to see this team again kick Tampa's girly asses in November, then watch as they miss the playoffs while uncle Sutter sips the sweet champagne from the cup.

Damn, I certainly hope you're kidding. Otherwise, there's just nothing else I can say to that rant.

Go Flames Go*

Sotnos said:
Damn, I certainly hope you're kidding. Otherwise, there's just nothing else I can say to that rant.

The truth hurts sometimes, but its alrite that Avon cover girl Martin St.Louis stole Iggy's hart trophy you can have that, just give us the cup back because it belongs in the nation where hockey was created not where its made fun of, and it belongs in Calgary the home of the real champs in the fans hearts, and the every one knows it.

dawgbone

Jun 24, 2002
Go Flames Go said:

:lol

Yeah, the NHL was sitting around and came up with the idea to screw the Flames.

a). No one can even tell if the puck is in. Your fearless leader even said it wasn't a goal.

b). The league would have rathered a Detroit-anyone finals as opposed to letting the Flames all the way to the cup.

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
Go Flames Go said:
The truth hurts sometimes, but its alrite that Avon cover girl Martin St.Louis stole Iggy's hart trophy you can have that, just give us the cup back because it belongs in the nation where hockey was created not where its made fun of, and it belongs in Calgary the home of the real champs in the fans hearts, and the every one knows it.
That doesn't even deserve a response, but hey, think whatever you want dude. I love the feeling of "entitlement" some people think they have, it's very amusing.

I don't want to get this even more off-track than it already is, sorry everybody. I'm done with this line of discussion since it's totally without merit.

Go Flames Go*

dawgbone said:
:lol

Yeah, the NHL was sitting around and came up with the idea to screw the Flames.

a). No one can even tell if the puck is in. Your fearless leader even said it wasn't a goal.

b). The league would have rathered a Detroit-anyone finals as opposed to letting the Flames all the way to the cup.

It was in, just because in its 2 cm off the ice does not conclude its not in yall need to take some math classes. The puck was in clear as day everyone saw, Uncle Sutter refrained from commenting because, ***** ass Bettman was gonna fine him more. We were screwed it was in, and even if it was not in there is so much ******** in that series that went against us it was just so much to overcome, even fore your beloved red wings. THey handed Tampa the cup we fought as much as we could, and won the hearts of everyone as the real champs. We should take the banner, and cup damnit its ours.

silver_made*

Go Flames Go said:
It was in, just because in its 2 cm off the ice does not conclude its not in yall need to take some math classes. The puck was in clear as day everyone saw, Uncle Sutter refrained from commenting because, ***** ass Bettman was gonna fine him more. We were screwed it was in, and even if it was not in there is so much ******** in that series that went against us it was just so much to overcome, even fore your beloved red wings. THey handed Tampa the cup we fought as much as we could, and won the hearts of everyone as the real champs. We should take the banner, and cup damnit its ours.

hey, which team raised the stanley cup above their heads following game 7 of the 2004 stanley cup finals? which team will have its players' names engraved on te stanley cup as the 2004 champions? my memory escapes me.

Go Flames Go*

silver_made said:
hey, which team raised the stanley cup above their heads following game 7 of the 2004 stanley cup finals? which team will have its players' names engraved on te stanley cup as the 2004 champions? my memory escapes me.

Your a Kings fan, you shouldnt even talk about championships. How many titles do the kings have NONE the Flames 2.

hockeytown9321

Jun 18, 2004
Go Flames Go said:

could you please elaborate on how Calgary was screwed against Detroit? If thats not what you said, then never mind, but that post in incoherent.

Go Flames Go*

silver_made said:

Your a Kings fan, you shouldnt even talk about championships. How many titles do the kings have NONE.

We don't need to put our name son that cup, in the hearts of all fans we are the real champions.

Go Flames Go*

hockeytown9321 said:
could you please elaborate on how Calgary was screwed against Detroit? If thats not what you said, then never mind, but that post in incoherent.

There was so much fixing and screw jobbing in that series that even the Red Wings would not overcome them by beating the heartless lightning.

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
Go Flames Go said:
We don't need to put our name son that cup, in the hearts of all fans we are the real champions.
Not ALL fans, obviously. Probably not more than you and a few other conspiracy theorists around these parts.

Anyway, talk about :deadhorse , this is ridiculous, and again, totally disrespectful of the Tampa players.

mcphee

Feb 6, 2003
Visit site
Sotnos said:
Other than, if I was going into surgery, I sure as hell wouldn't want to see him scrubbing up. Damnit,I promised the mods I'd stop doing that.

dawgbone

Jun 24, 2002
Go Flames Go said:
It was in, just because in its 2 cm off the ice does not conclude its not in yall need to take some math classes.

Maybe you should take some math lessons.

Here's a simple test for you:

take a peice of white paper, lay it on a desk. Now take a dime, and lay it so it is half on the paper, half on the desk. Now lift the dime up off the paper, and rotate it slightly... looks like it is completely over the white paper, doesn't it?

Now put the dime straight down...

Some of it's still on the desk isn't it?

They have an over head cam for a reason... that's so they can see the puck over the line... the puck was not over the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->