OT: Cheering injuries (via radio)

AbsolutelyNot

Nov 8, 2012
PA
I think its pretty standard to cheer a big hit or knockout punch when it happens. I think it turns classless when it a player continues to stay on the ice with an obvious injury. I do see the point with Crosby though, you never know when hes really hurt, so of course he will be egged on by the crowd. And with Rinaldo on Crombeen, after seeing Crombeen attack Giroux's surgically repaired wrists last week, I wasnt exactly heartbroken watching him stumble off the ice last night.

flyersfan018

Mar 2, 2011
NJ
I don't cheer for injuries ever but there will always be people who do it no matter what. I'm not going to really get up in arms about people doing it as long as it's not a very serious injury.

StevensCakeBakerBacker

Nov 11, 2009
Thoresen-Ufa-Salavat-Profile.jpg

"Men of Washington DC cheered my injury, but their women cried."

SAINDON

May 9, 2012
The First State
On Pro Hockey Talk, Crosby said the Islander fans did not show class by cheering at his injury and it was not something he would do. I don't agree with cheering on any injury, but if there is any player (besides Lebron) who would have an injury cheered, its Crosby. He brings it upon himself and its a little like the pot calling the kettle black bringing up class. For being the face of the league, he does not show much class, which is why people cheer against him.

Something like that would never happen to Gretzky, he had class.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
On Pro Hockey Talk, Crosby said the Islander fans did not show class by cheering at his injury and it was not something he would do. I don't agree with cheering on any injury, but if there is any player (besides Lebron) who would have an injury cheered, its Crosby. He brings it upon himself and its a little like the pot calling the kettle black bringing up class. For being the face of the league, he does not show much class, which is why people cheer against him.

Gretzky would have never even acknowledged the situation. He would have passed on the question if asked by the media.

Crosby can never keep his mouth shut and take the high road. He's always has a comment for everything. Guy needs to grow up and get thicker skin.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

I wouldn't bet the farm against fans somewhere cheering a Gretzky injury. He had a reputation for diving and for complaining to the refs, too.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
Gretzky would have never even acknowledged the situation. He would have passed on the question if asked by the media.

Crosby can never keep his mouth shut and take the high road. He's always has a comment for everything. Guy needs to grow up and get thicker skin.

Indeed - and when I said this previously, my interaction with Pens fans was them saying that every word Crosby says is overly analyzed and it was taken out of context.

Things cannot be taken out of context about controversy-related incidents if no comments are made on them to begin with.

He just distracts his team when he gets involved and blabs to the media

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
didnt Crosby just chat to the press earlier this season about Roo comments during the PO's when Crosby was slashing his wrists..???

the guy brings it on himself, his a ***** and hell always be a *****.

i have less then ZERO respect for Cindy. less then...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad