Checkers IV: Insert Witty Title Here

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Another poster suggested AHL Live was decent--so I bought it. The feed yesterday was actually almost as good as Canes' games.

So I have watched all the games--I think Bishop has some of Foegele's qualities. He skates well and is aggressive on the forecheck. It looks like he is getting more comfortable shooting the puck. He looks like a player who could be effective on a disruption line.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
For anyone who feels bad after watching the Hurricanes game, be glad you didn't also watch the Checkers...aka Baby Canes 2.0. Ansolutely f***ing pitiful game...PP was just like watching the Canes (you know, skate up ice, pass backwards, no momentum and now 4 guys waiting at the blue line). No urgency to ever shoot, just hold the puck until everyone is in front of you and goalie is squared up.

Only Needaspellcheck and Brown showed any life in the game. Fleury got a goal...Hainsey style...for the Bears. Even 6 on 4 with the goalie pulled for 3-4 minutes we couldn't get the puck on net. We refused to park someone out front (so no chance for rebounds), most of the time we were bunched up like 6 year olds playing soccer.

And anyone who thinks Carrick could be a #7 Dman...LMFAO. By far the biggest liability on the ice...took 2-3 dumb@$$ penalties, massive power play killer, couldn't hold the blue line if the puck is stopped in front of him even.

Team was 5-0 coming into the night (after beating Bears in a SO last night), they played more like an 0-5 team tonight.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Watched the Checkers game. The team played well. Darling gave up one goal, which actually was a pass to the crease that went off Darling's stick. Otherwise, he looked quite good.

As far as the other players who had some time in Raleigh:
Fleury was the best player on the ice. He defended really well. He made several forays into the offensive zone and created the goal for Geekie.
Necas is starting to look comfortable. I think the points will come. I like him on a line with Saarela because they are two of the three fastest Checkers along with Bishop.
Speaking of Bishop, he appears to have gained a ton of confidence in Raleigh. His defensive intensity has always been there, but he was aggressive on offense and scored on a breakaway. He crashed into the boards after his goal and left the game with a right arm injury--not sure if he will miss games.

The Checkers were fairly dominant so Darling was not challenged other than one clean breakaway. My guess is he might get another start or two before starting for the Canes.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I had a dream last night that Tortorella and Vigneault decided to join the Checkers as special advisors late in the season as they wanted to “win a championship this year” and the Checkers were clearly the best team in the AHL. We, here on HF, debated about how it was terrible and the Checkers were doomed. The dream pretty much ended there

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->