Checkers IV: Insert Witty Title Here

doumtang

May 14, 2012
So proud to see my hometown buddy doing well so far. Good for Nic, he's working hard and it's paying off !

Happy to read that he impresses some of you guys.

Have a good one, from a Roy and Mtl fan (yah..) !

Attachments

• IMG_4929.JPG
    IMG_4929.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 26

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
The Checkers looked good again. Ned looked solid. As mentioned by others, Roy is skating better which adds to his ability to disrupt plays with his length. Bishop has yet to get on the score sheet but he is noticeable almost every shift. Next training camp should be nearly as competitive as this one.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Roy, Kuokkonen, Saarela, Maenalanen, McKeown and Bean for sure will be NHL players.
I suppose it depends on what one's definition of "be an NHL player" means, but I'd estimate that it's unlikely any of those guys ever play in their 100th NHL game. Not betting it won't happen -- any one of them may continue upward development and make themselves valuable at the next level -- but there's nothing to suggest that it's "for sure".

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
It’s good to be optimistic but one must also be realistic.
I like to be realistically optimistic!

If you made me bet (which you couldn't because I am extremely loss averse), I would bet on Kuokkanen and Roy to get 100 NHL games. Maenalenen and Bean would be even bets. Mckeown will need a new organization to get more than 10 games. Saarela will be a strong AHLer before returning to Europe to contend for scoring titles in Liiga. Of course the reason I don't bet is because when I did I lost most of the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->