Checkers IV: Insert Witty Title Here

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Looks like Kuokkonen want return a Cane. I’d say he’s worth a call up to give the 3rd line some more scoring potential if he keeps it up. About the only thing I haven’t liked over the past 2 games was that the line of Zykov-Necas-McGinn doesn’t really seem to mesh well, still only 2 games in though.

It’ll be nice to have the Checkers game stream on my iPad while catching up on the Man in the High Castle.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Anybody know what the lines look like?
I purchased AHL Live. The feed last night was decent--no replays, just a one-camera feed with Shaya's play-by-play. But I was able to get a good sense of the game.

Line 1: Poturalski/McKegg/Maenalanen
Line 2: Kuokkanen/Roy/Gauthier
Line 3: Saarela/Bishop/Brown
Line 4: Geekie/Pu/Smallman

Though as Vellucci often says, it is four lines that all could be first lines.

I actually only watched about 1/3 of the game--while the Canes' game was delayed and then during intermissions.

Observations:
Roy is going to be dominant in the AHL. He got 9 shots on goal and seemed to be stopping the puck or taking it away ever trip in the defensive zone.
Kuokkanen was a step ahead of the other team with the puck on his stick. His goals were "nice" and not fluky.
Geekie/Pu/Smallman are going to create havoc all season.
Bishop is a much better skater than I noticed last year. His success in training camp seems to have given him more confidence--he looks like he believes he has NHL-level talent.
Cajkovsky has some intangible. He was the only Checker +3 last night. Aside from a booming shot, he doesn't overly impress, but he uses his size to full advantage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->