Check out my Paul Maurice thread on the main board!

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
4YcluQP.png

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Ya, he's a good coach, but theres probably about 200 guys out there who could win with the right players.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
By far my favorite aspect or ingredient (if you will) of this team is: you know what you're going to get. To a man, each of them work their tails off, and while they're only human and can't be perfect each game, I feel nobody steps on the ice and takes a night off. They're all on the same page and pulling the rope in the same direction. Collectively we've got some nice talent but no one player is "the guy" and no one player is "bigger than the team". And the fact of the matter is, we can go toe-to-toe with any team in the league on any night. That is a fact. And in a league with so much parity, in a Western Conference so tough, and a division likely the best in all of the NHL, it's impressive to see what this team is doing and has done since Maurice arrived.

Since Maurice arrived I believe this team has 100% bought into him, what he says, his honesty, intelligence, mind for the game, and experience. Led by the vets Ladd, Little, Wheeler, Enstrom, etc. Those vets have really taken a hold of the room and implemented good, consistent habits on a consistent level since Maurice arrived. Then we see it in our younger players, and so on. It's being passed on through the ranks and it's become the lay of the land here. And the next young players to step into the room, they'll follow suit because it's how things are done here. When you are on this team, when you walk in that room, when you put a Winnipeg Jets uniform on, there is only one way to do things so you're either on board or you're going to stand out in a bad, bad way.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
By far my favorite aspect or ingredient (if you will) of this team is: you know what you're going to get. To a man, each of them work their tails off, and while they're only human and can't be perfect each game, I feel nobody steps on the ice and takes a night off. They're all on the same page and pulling the rope in the same direction. Collectively we've got some nice talent but no one player is "the guy" and no one player is "bigger than the team". And the fact of the matter is, we can go toe-to-toe with any team in the league on any night. That is a fact. And in a league with so much parity, in a Western Conference so tough, and a division likely the best in all of the NHL, it's impressive to see what this team is doing and has done since Maurice arrived.

Since Maurice arrived I believe this team has 100% bought into him, what he says, his honesty, intelligence, mind for the game, and experience. Led by the vets Ladd, Little, Wheeler, Enstrom, etc. Those vets have really taken a hold of the room and implemented good, consistent habits on a consistent level since Maurice arrived. Then we see it in our younger players, and so on. It's being passed on through the ranks and it's become the lay of the land here. And the next young players to step into the room, they'll follow suit because it's how things are done here. When you are on this team, when you walk in that room, when you put a Winnipeg Jets uniform on, there is only one way to do things so you're either on board or you're going to stand out in a bad, bad way.

Agreed. Maurice has a way of empowering both the vets and the rookies. The way he talks about players he supports and shields whiling fostering cohesiveness. The vets lead and the rookies are accepted and no one is just along for the ride.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013

perfectly perfectly said..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad