Cheating... OM then, who now?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Not surprised. While I don't know anything about OM I would think there is a lot of dirty stuff going on in the dark. Drugs is something next level though..

Speaking of cheating, there could potentially be a scandal coming to the football world as a big "doping network" was just a few days ago busted at the Cross Country skiing world championships in Austria. 5 athletes and 4 others were arrested and one of the athetes was caught blood doping red handed, there is even a video of it out there. Anyway they suspect more arrests as they think they have helped over 100s of athletes to cheat, including footballers. So thus could become interesting in the football world too. They have had these guys under surveillance for months.

Some more about it here:
Nordic skier caught 'mid-blood transfusion'

Last edited:

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Doping footballers have largely been kept secret, with only some individual punishements here and there. Too much money and too many clubs & people involved, you can't just touch the biggest clubs and players without ruining all the leagues and competitions for at least a decade.

If they didn't "find" anyone in the Fuentes case, I doubt they'll find anything major now.

Operación Puerto doping case - Wikipedia

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Cantona once said everyone was doping at OM. And I'm sure they weren't the only ones.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I’ve always had a personal asterisk next to their 93 European cup too.

The story of Marseilles' tainted 1993 Cup triumph
Yeah right :D
The Moscow thing is the only doubt over this. Moscow was a very good team and somehow were amateurish in the return game. I remember watching the game and thinking something was up.
That and Tapie's own words between the final and (91) the win (93) where he said "now I know how to win a C1".

Rangers have nothing to whine about and I saw all games live.

If you want to put asterisks, go ahead, but there are plenty of to give out.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
The Moscow thing is the only doubt over this. Moscow was a very good team and somehow were amateurish in the return game. I remember watching the game and thinking something was up.
That and Tapie's own words between the final and (91) the win (93) where he said "now I know how to win a C1".

I agree there are plenty of asterisks to give out in similar fashion. This thread is discussing the early 90s OM teams specifically though.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Sure, but that article is awful.
Heck, even Marseille is spelt wrong.
And the facts are horribly given. Nothing is believeable.

Moscow players said there was something in their water. Article claims there was an attempt to buy players. Nope.
OM was much better than Rangers in both games. Someone saying they were cheated of a C1 final because one of their player was sent off and saying "maybe I should have said something at the time", LOL. There is nothing to say.

Just because OM bought a VA player doesn't mean they bought a Moscow, Bruges and Glasgow player either (not that it means they didn't either). It is just shit sent to the wall here.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Doping footballers have largely been kept secret, with only some individual punishements here and there. Too much money and too many clubs & people involved, you can't just touch the biggest clubs and players without ruining all the leagues and competitions for at least a decade.

If they didn't "find" anyone in the Fuentes case, I doubt they'll find anything major now.

Operación Puerto doping case - Wikipedia

You're probably right, too much money, but who knows. Now a 6th athlete has been arrested and confessed to blood doping, this time a pro cyclist named Stefan Denifl

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York

rangers were financially doping anyways. paid the price in the end with the death of their club.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
rangers were financially doping anyways. paid the price in the end with the death of their club.
Quite right.

In a way we should be thankful for whatever Marseille did, given it broke David Murray and had him spending ludicrous amounts of money to chase something he could never reach, killing them in the process. Well worth it IMO.

Reactions: ecemleafs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad