Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
It's cheat day! What are you having?

Me, you ask? Well . . .

buffalo-wings.jpg

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
I don't have a full cheat day. I diet, but not like crazy levels. I'll have a large pizza once a month or so. Buy a chocolate bar here and there. Go out with friends and eat, have fries etc.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Similar to WS, I do not have a cheat day, but if we are going out to eat - I'll grab whatever I want. It's been months and months since i've had pizza so I may be ordering a pizza one day in the next 2 weeks. :laugh:

blue425

Apr 14, 2007
NYC
www.streetwars.net
Likewise.

No scheduled cheat day, but if we have friends over, meet our board game group, or go out I am more likely to eat something I normally wouldn't.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I'm not super strict in the sense that I count macros or interment fast, I'm just incapable of moderation :laugh: So it works well for me to confine my guilty pleasures to one day a week.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
I'm not super strict in the sense that I count macros or interment fast, I'm just incapable of moderation :laugh: So it works well for me to confine my guilty pleasures to one day a week.

Yeah. This lol

If I let the cat out if the bag even a little, it's all over lol

I don't even do one day a week. I do one every two or three weeks.

I guess my daily guilty pleasure is an ounce of scotch :)

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Long story-short... had an impromptu semi-cheat day tonight. Tried Carls Jr. for the first time, they make a pretty good burger for a fast food place. Kept within the plan though and "Low-Carbed" it, replacing the bun with lettuce.

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
Long story-short... had an impromptu semi-cheat day tonight. Tried Carls Jr. for the first time, they make a pretty good burger for a fast food place. Kept within the plan though and "Low-Carbed" it, replacing the bun with lettuce.

How is it a cheat day at all then? Do you keep track of your macros? I only ask because a hamburger patty, lettuce, a few veges and I guess some cheese isn't very calorie dense at all.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
How is it a cheat day at all then? Do you keep track of your macros? I only ask because a hamburger patty, lettuce, a few veges and I guess some cheese isn't very calorie dense at all.

Because it's still fast food. I am not making a habit of going to these kinds of places even if they fit in my allowed fat/calories/carbs for the day.

I have made something similar at home myself and I didn't consider it a cheat day.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
During football season I order a pizza every Sunday. Sunday's I get up and wreck legs. On the way home I pick up a pizza, fill out a few pro lines and spend the rest of my Sunday at home watching football, eating za and checking my pro-lines/fantasy leagues.

From February to September I eat very clean though and the results always show. I don't have cheat meals or cheat days but if I ever go out to dinner I just eat whatever I want. I refuse to be that guy who speaks up among a group of people about my diet and how I cant eat this or that. If a menu has a delicious looking burger that I want to destroy I will make sure I succeed. I don't go out to eat a lot so it isn't a big deal.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
During football season I order a pizza every Sunday. Sunday's I get up and wreck legs. On the way home I pick up a pizza, fill out a few pro lines and spend the rest of my Sunday at home watching football, eating za and checking my pro-lines/fantasy leagues.

From February to September I eat very clean though and the results always show. I don't have cheat meals or cheat days but if I ever go out to dinner I just eat whatever I want. I refuse to be that guy who speaks up among a group of people about my diet and how I cant eat this or that. If a menu has a delicious looking burger that I want to destroy I will make sure I succeed. I don't go out to eat a lot so it isn't a big deal.

Why would you have to be "that guy"? Couldn't you simply order the roasted chicken with veggies instead of the burger without announcing why you're doing it?

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
I just cheated hard.

I just had a 5 layer beefy burrito and 3 tacos from Taco Bell along with 2 slices of that smokehouse pizza from Little Caesars. I'm probably going to top it off with a milkshake once this Caps/Leafs game concludes to get it all out of my system.

Those are the first poor things I've eaten since the Super Bowl.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
I just cheated hard.

I just had a 5 layer beefy burrito and 3 tacos from Taco Bell along with 2 slices of that smokehouse pizza from Little Caesars. I'm probably going to top it off with a milkshake once this Caps/Leafs game concludes to get it all out of my system.

Those are the first poor things I've eaten since the Super Bowl.

That's pretty damn good. Once every three months ain't bad, and might even be better for you in the long run.

But Taco Bell? It's always been gross whether I was eating healthy or not.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
That's pretty damn good. Once every three months ain't bad, and might even be better for you in the long run.

But Taco Bell? It's always been gross whether I was eating healthy or not.

Lol Taco Bell is so good and my biggest weakness. It's the only fastfood that I think actually tastes good.

Funny enough though, I'm not a big fan of real Mexican food.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Lol Taco Bell is so good and my biggest weakness. It's the only fastfood that I think actually tastes good.

Funny enough though, I'm not a big fan of real Mexican food.

That might explain it.

Every time I've had Taco Bell it has been cold, bland, just bad fad even by fast food standards. I would take McDonalds/Wendy's ect. if I was gonna cheat at a drive through, and places like Taco Del Mar do fast food Mexican way better.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Every day is cheat day when you're on trying to gain weight and on medication that affects appetite. Yeah that might sound like quite the luxury but it honestly sucks. Especially when you're struggling financially.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
I eat whatever I want. Most days, what I want is healthy. I’m obsessed with lifting so I enjoy eating healthy and continuing progress. If I’m not in a bulk I usually hover around high 8/low 9 BF% and I’m still strong. I manage to stay that lean but 1-2 times per week I’ll have wings and fries or a few craft beers and a brick oven pizza (whole pizza). It all comes down to calories in/out anyway. My activity level has my maintenance calories at like 3200. I’m not a big guy either but between the military and the time I spend in the gym, playing hockey, walking my dogs, etc. I’m very active.

To the thread topic, my go to for those days when I choose not to eat healthy are wings, pizza from the local brick oven spot (it’s incredible) or a good burger. Weakness for ice cream too.

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
Used to have a specific cheat day as well but now I just cheat every so often while staying consistent with my healthy diet.

I've found that with cheat days I tended to over indulge to the point where I felt gross, or I would also start binge eating on bad food for days at a time. Now, if I decide to have a pizza or chocolate bar once every few days I have been over indulging much less.

Jags68

Oct 16, 2017
I stick to a cheat meal not day or preferably a carb refeed day when I’m cutting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad