Cheapest 82 game package

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
I'd like to stream all games online, but that's not an option for Ottawa residents.

What's the most cost-effective way to watch all sens games? Honouring copyright, I mean. Basic TV with bell offers only tsn. Cheapest Rogers package only sportsnet.

how many games are on tsn?

How many games are on sportsnet?

How many games are on cbc?

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I'd like to stream all games online, but that's not an option for Ottawa residents.

What's the most cost-effective way to watch all sens games? Honouring copyright, I mean. Basic TV with bell offers only tsn. Cheapest Rogers package only sportsnet.

how many games are on tsn?

How many games are on sportsnet?

How many games are on cbc?

google streams of hockey. The first thing that pops up is a great option

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
I think someone said on the main boards that NHL gamecentre will have single team packages. Not sure though

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Cheapest way to do it is to mooch a family members MyRogers (or bell) account and watch with TSN or Sportsnet.....Android device+Chromecast looks great. It's just a login type thing, similar to how you use Netflix. If you have the persons permission to use their login, not sure there's any infringement doing that.....although I wouldn't be surprised if it is technically a violation of the terms of service.

You can get City and CBC games OTA. Depending on your location/height, you might be able to get both with any basic 10 dollar antenna, or you might need a better set up to get CBC. For a one time cost, antennas are a decent value.

Not sure if there have been changed to game centre regarding blackouts, but if not your only option is cable or satellite. Which is probably at least 50 a month.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I think someone said on the main boards that NHL gamecentre will have single team packages. Not sure though

I think there are single team packages but blackouts are still in effect.

Meaning, unless OP was willing to use a VPN or service to spoof his location, it'd be useless. That is, unless he isn't located in Ottawa's territory and blackouts don't effect him.

Ttracer*

HD you have to be satellite or boxed in. Goatd.net for the poor

Pub shows all games, but worst atmosphere imo

Let's be honest isolation with a few friends is the best option, give Rogers and bell all your money for HD home viewing.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
I think there are single team packages but blackouts are still in effect.

Meaning, unless OP was willing to use a VPN or service to spoof his location, it'd be useless. That is, unless he isn't located in Ottawa's territory and blackouts don't effect him.

Game centre blackouts are in effect for single-team packages, so I would have to geo-spoof.

I forgot that city TV broadcasts some SN games for OTA viewing. I do have an antenna.

For 100% coverage, both TSN and SN are needed. I was surprised to find out Bell offers TSN 1-5 in their most basic subscription. And TSN had regional rights for Sens games. But SN would cost an extra $15-20/month. Rogers has SN in its basic package, but TSN is extra.

If all SN games are also carried on City, Bell is the easy choice.

I'll probably keep the cable cut, though, considering it's a 2-year contract and there are no guarantees about City TV re-broadcast.

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
Game centre blackouts are in effect for single-team packages, so I would have to geo-spoof.

I forgot that city TV broadcasts some SN games for OTA viewing. I do have an antenna.

For 100% coverage, both TSN and SN are needed. I was surprised to find out Bell offers TSN 1-5 in their most basic subscription. And TSN had regional rights for Sens games. But SN would cost an extra $15-20/month. Rogers has SN in its basic package, but TSN is extra.

If all SN games are also carried on City, Bell is the easy choice.

I'll probably keep the cable cut, though, considering it's a 2-year contract and there are no guarantees about City TV re-broadcast.

Bell just offered me $90/month for unlimited download 20 Mbps, basic phone, and TV (30 channel a la carte). Basically the TV is free for 12 months. New to Bell and Fibe. That should be be available (or something really close). A quick glance at this shows that should cover all 82 games.

If you want stay as a cord cutter, the grey market solution would cost about that, depending on the cost of your internet provider.

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
Bell just offered me $90/month for unlimited download 20 Mbps, basic phone, and TV (30 channel a la carte). Basically the TV is free for 12 months. New to Bell and Fibe. That should be be available (or something really close). A quick glance at this shows that should cover all 82 games.

If you want stay as a cord cutter, the grey market solution would cost about that, depending on the cost of your internet provider.

Oh sorry, you said stream, not just watch. You'll have to go grey market then. Same monthly cost (about $90) if you go with TekSavvy 30Mbps/400GB. The bulk of the cost is the internet service.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Like been said there is no 100% legal way to watch games in Ottawa without cable subscription.
So yeah, I will keep using HS until NHL/Rogers start offering legal streaming options. Until then - **** them. It's a matter of principle.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Like been said there is no 100% legal way to watch games in Ottawa without cable subscription.
So yeah, I will keep using HS until NHL/Rogers start offering legal streaming options. Until then - **** them. It's a matter of principle.

Rogers offers free centre ice to customers, look into it. I had it last year but prefer HS tbh.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Rogers offers free centre ice to customers, look into it. I had it last year but prefer HS tbh.

You mean GameCenter Live?
You still have to fiddle with VPN/proxy to work around blackouts, so technically illegal.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa

That's a pretty good deal. I'd be worried about what the next 12 months cost.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Last year most of the games where shown on TSN, whereas the previous year most where on Sportsnet.

I'm guessing they will be shown mostly on TSN again since the big Sportnet buyout last year!

So in my opinion Bell would be cheaper than Rogers, especially since Bell now has that $99 monthly package for basic tv, unlimited internet & home phone.

*** GameCentre live does NOT show home games, such a waste of money....

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
That's a pretty good deal. I'd be worried about what the next 12 months cost.

Ill drop the TV and go back to cord cutting. I've been using my iPhone as my home phone for a few years and I really just need the land line for a little while. Everything else in the package is a bonus.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
I wish there was a way to just get Internet hockey from Bell or Rogers, without all the blackouts!!!!

GameCentre or CenterIce both blackout most of the Sens games that are shown on TSN.. [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad