Cheap Wingers

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I like Schaller. He’s mostly played 4th line LW and has produced reasonably well for that role. He could be a bargain player as he’s never made more than 725k and could possibly score 15 goals or more in an expanded role. I’m not as high on Brickley though. I feel he’s not more than a decent 4th liner in the nhl. I don’t think he’ll amount to much of a scorer. I think Slep, Caguilla, Khaira all have more potential than Brickley but Schaller would be a good add.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
I don’t see the Oilers adding much for wingers actually, especially with the same bunch of muppets running the show. Maybe a 2LW/3LW?

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
A few of these need to happen:

Lucic and Kass will bounceback
Puljujaarvi will breakout
Yamamoto will make an impact
Maroody is better than advertised

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Brandon Pirri was buried by Vegas but scored 3 goals in the 2 games he played and went just under PPG in the minors. He’s a ufa and would be a smart pickup. Can play all 3 positions.

Reactions: Aerchon

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Wingels or Lewis for experience....Sammy blais would be a cheap option. May take some to pry Lewis from LA.

One guy I'd trade for would be Jared McCann, Florida have a few depth wingers actually.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Wingels or Lewis for experience....Sammy blais would be a cheap option. May take some to pry Lewis from LA.

One guy I'd trade for would be Jared McCann, Florida have a few depth wingers actually.
Has McCann played wing in the nhl? He’s been at C every time I’ve watched them.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
A few of these need to happen:

Lucic and Kass will bounceback
Puljujaarvi will breakout
Yamamoto will make an impact
Maroody is better than advertised

Yamomoto wasn't productive in the world juniors or the WHL playoffs. Does this concern you guys? I was high on him at the draft.

Thought of the following trade proposal, but his lack of production in big games is concerning, without being able to actually watch him.

To EDM: Paul Byron and an early 2nd

To MTL: Kailer Yamamoto

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Yamomoto wasn't productive in the world juniors or the WHL playoffs. Does this concern you guys? I was high on him at the draft.

Thought of the following trade proposal, but his lack of production in big games is concerning, without being able to actually watch him.

KY was excellent in his draft year in the WHL... had a great 40 games in his D+1 season in the WHL (after a slow start after going back to Junior from the Oilers) and then had a mediocre WJC/playoffs... as you noted.

Overall that's still a key player the Oilers want to develop into a potentially dynamic top 6 winger.

I actually like Paul Byron but he's a smallish player as well and his upside at 29 years old is limited. Oilers will take their chances with Yamamoto as his upside is higher... if he reaches it. The early 2nd as a throw-in is a decent asset but it won't get a player with the upside as good as Yamamoto either.

Others on the board here will likely say hell no to that proposal and possibly throw in a couple expletives but I don't think it's an awful proposal overall... Byron is a back to back 20 goal scorer with some decent speed but his upside is pretty much reached and 40 pts is where he'll likely always be at best... I'm hoping for more upside than that from Yamamoto.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
KY was excellent in his draft year in the WHL... had a great 40 games in his D+1 season in the WHL (after a slow start after going back to Junior from the Oilers) and then had a mediocre WJC/playoffs... as you noted.

Overall that's still a key player the Oilers want to develop into a potentially dynamic top 6 winger.

I actually like Paul Byron but he's a smallish player as well and his upside at 29 years old is limited. Oilers will take their chances with Yamamoto as his upside is higher... if he reaches it. The early 2nd as a throw-in is a decent asset but it won't get a player with the upside as good as Yamamoto either.

Others on the board here will likely say hell no to that proposal and possibly throw in a couple expletives but I don't think it's an awful proposal overall... Byron is a back to back 20 goal scorer with some decent speed but his upside is pretty much reached and 40 pts is where he'll likely always be at best... I'm hoping for more upside than that from Yamamoto.

I too have high hopes for Yamamoto being an exciting player. Hopefully he's the player we want him to be.

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Do you guys have any interest in Pacioretty and/or Galchenyuk as scoring wingers? They each have cap hits under 5M.

Montreal needs top 2 line Centers, top lefty D and youth. I'd be interested in your 1st this year too and I heard Chiarelli say the Oilers could possibly move it.

Is there any fit here?

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Do you guys have any interest in Pacioretty and/or Galchenyuk as scoring wingers? They each have cap hits under 5M.

Montreal needs top 2 line Centers, top lefty D and youth. I'd be interested in your 1st this year too and I heard Chiarelli say the Oilers could possibly move it.

Is there any fit here?

Despite Edmontons year they are building thier team well in terms of depth down the middle. I don't think anyone really wants to see them abandon that strategy. Big picture in a cap world we don't want to switch wingers for our centers.

Edmonton was primarily undone by goaltending, special teams, and defense. The scoring winger narative has more to do with the Hall trade than actually being an area that "needs" to be addressed. We have been drafting nothing but wingers for the last few years and its an area of prospect strength.

In short. No, I don't believe thier is a trade that makes sense with Montreal. Edmonton imo is best suited to just draft with thier pick. Cap world and big contracts necessitate cheap home grown wingers.

EDMOILERS9729

Dec 25, 2017

Is there any fit here?
We cant give you any centers because Mcnuge just looks too freakin good to tool with it and Drais is the 2c for the next 8 years. I would prefer that our first this year is used on a dman (draft or trade) and does managment so thats off the table too. In terms of left D Klefbom is rumoured to be available but i personally would not trade him and I would bank on his 40+ point potential for mext season. So honestly not a deal to be made because you will not want a package of lesser pieces/cap dumps to even out salary in/out.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

Chiarelli blocks Montreal’s number

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Taylor Hall is a good cheap winger. Wouldn't want to trade for him now cause he's going to get paid. Wish we could have some cheap wingers on bargain contracts like his

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad