OT: Cheap alternative to watch canucks hockey

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
I just cancelled my tv service but still have my internet. Whats the best service out there to watch/stream canucks game legally at a reasonable price?

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
I just cancelled my tv service but still have my internet. Whats the best service out there to watch/stream canucks game legally at a reasonable price?
Rogers NHL GameCentre Live, I imagine? I don't know how reasonable it is, particularly if not bundled with a cable package.

But the cheap alternative to watching Canucks games specifically is probably bonking yourself on the head with a meat tenderizer? :dunno:

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
As Jyrki21 mentioned, my Rogers phone plan comes with free NHL GameCentre. The phone plan's pretty expensive tho, lol...but what phone plan isn't in Canada. But then again, Canucks games are blacked out on it (except the first year I had it).

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
I'm on an old grandfathered Rogers plan, so im not eligible for the Game center :cry:

But luckily, my mom still has Shaw, so she let's me use her Shaw Free Range which is a pretty neat tool. Could be an option if you have family using Shaw. You can cast it to your TV using chrome cast/nvidia shield/appletv/etc.

Otherwise I'd just use the reddit links.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I use gamecenter, a friend of mine let's me use her sign in... everyone probably knows a woman or two that will never use the free Rogers phone plan perk.

Tbf the Canucks games are blacked out unless they're on cbc or sportsnet 360. You can get around it but it's annoying and mildly complicated.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Until the NHL figures out a viable means (read:not incredibly expensive, flawed and lacking local games) of broadcasting games over the Internet, I'm going to continue to steal them and not feel an ounce of guilt.

Cater to your audience and they will pay, neglect them and they'll move on to a better service.

r/nhl streams is the way for now.

awilde

Jul 23, 2007
They blackout local teams' games on Game Center because their TV rating is so poor.

This is incorrect. All local games in any market are blacked out. This is due to the local paid television advertising.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006

If you are putting a priority cost savings...

Switch over your cell phone to Rogers... you Gamecenter FREE as a rogers customer!!

Great perk.. what is it now a $189/ yr..

HarvP19

Nov 19, 2014
i dont think we are allowed to directly mention illegal streams on here. However i will nuge you in the right direction by encouraging you to look up Kodi and sports addons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad