Chase Balisy

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I have been meaning to talk about him the past week or so, but it is definitely good to see this kid performing at the level that he currently is. Balisy at one point was in the top 3 for North American skater for his birth year, but things simply did not work out for him at the USNDP. He is a very skilled forward that has so much offensive creativity it maddens you with his inconsistent and uninspired play at times.

Thankfully he has done a 180 and is turning his career around. He currently is second in scoring on a rebuilt Western Michigan team. He is also the youngest player on that squad and is seeing icetime in all situations. His size has never really been a concern, but the way he got knocked off the puck was. At 6'0 and 175 lbs he has gotten a bit stronger since last season and is showing it.

I am very happy for Balisy and for Western Michigan which is turning its program around and Balisy is the prime reason why. He went to a smaller pond and has done enough to make a splash. He will certainly be signed at some point by an NHL team, as long as he can keep this up. He also is a part of a team that may have the most Californians on any NCAA roster! Western Michigan is turning things around, and it is easy to see they are going to California for some of that help.

Chase no longer is an elite prospect, but he is doing enough to turn his career back on track and become a prospect that NHL teams will be glad to sign in a few years....not sure if he gets drafted this year after getting passed over, but he has done enough to warrant that as a freshman. Thoughts on Chase and Western Michigans turnaround??

Pick Six

@Lafortune_FC
Jan 1, 2009
Mississauga
He was a pretty high-end prospect in his Bantam/Minor Midget years, it's incredible how much he's fallen off. It's surprising considering how highly touted he and McFarland were on those JC teams, and neither has progressed as expected. It's good to hear he's having a solid year.

I'm very interested in hearing opinions about him since I haven't seen him play live since his MM year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->