Charlottetown Islanders: 2016-17 Thread

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Pretty exciting time of the year in Charlottetown this year, for the first time in a long time we Should be actual buyers at the xmas deadline!
Lots of rumored names/Packages out there surrounding Charlottetown including:

Booth+Boucher
Monpetit+Gauthier
Antoine Samuel

I think the one thing is clear, we need a #1 goalie, no excuses. A top 6 winger and a middle 6 forward would catapult us into favorite territory I think, but I'm not sold management will go that far with Sprong coming back.

Flamesfan62

Oct 21, 2016
Prince Edward Island
Pretty exciting time of the year in Charlottetown this year, for the first time in a long time we Should be actual buyers at the xmas deadline!
Lots of rumored names/Packages out there surrounding Charlottetown including:

Booth+Boucher
Monpetit+Gauthier
Antoine Samuel

I think the one thing is clear, we need a #1 goalie, no excuses. A top 6 winger and a middle 6 forward would catapult us into favorite territory I think, but I'm not sold management will go that far with Sprong coming back.

I would like the first two packages, but with Samuel he is no better then what we have now, so it would not make sense to deal for him. And yes we will for sure be getting a #1 goalie whether it is Montpetit, Booth or Fitzpatrick who knows. Either would do us good. And I think we will for sure add a top 6 forward in a deal with the goalie we get, we get that and we should be favorites, a top 6 forward will help all around and put us over the top, I believe this is our year and Hulton will pull the trigger on a deal involving a #1 goalie and a top 6 forward.

Tommy Dodge

Sep 19, 2009
Hearing from sources close to the Islanders, that they are working on bringing a" Maritime goalie" and a big name D-man to Charlottetown! Will cost the Islanders at least 3 roster players and a draft pick.
The goalie might not be considered a true #1 stud, but will provided a higher level of comfort in the nets. The D man could be a difference maker on the point!
I think with the team and age of the team, and the goings on around them, the Islanders have to go all in! Hope it all works out for them.

Flamesfan62

Oct 21, 2016
Prince Edward Island
Hearing from sources close to the Islanders, that they are working on bringing a" Maritime goalie" and a big name D-man to Charlottetown! Will cost the Islanders at least 3 roster players and a draft pick.
The goalie might not be considered a true #1 stud, but will provided a higher level of comfort in the nets. The D man could be a difference maker on the point!
I think with the team and age of the team, and the goings on around them, the Islanders have to go all in! Hope it all works out for them.

I am assuming you are talking about Grametbauer and Meloche from Gatineau? I honestly do not see Grametbauer bringing any more comfort in nets then what we have now.. He probably is no better then what we have now, at least that is what the stats say. I do like Meloche though, but I think a goalie like Montpetit, Fitzpatrick or Pickard would be better. I can't see how we could afford a top pairing D if we were still going after a top 6 player. Maybe they have changed the plan, could go for a top D and then just a decent forward, who knows it should be interesting.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
I assume its Meloche and Grametbauer and I assume the deal would include guys like Welsh/Gervais/Boudrias maybe a D man like Barter?. Maybe something like:

Gervais
Boudrias
Barter
2017 1st
For
Meloche+Grametbauer.

Then turn around and deal:
Alain+Welsh+Doyon+2018 VD First+2017 2nd+2018 2nd for Monpetit+Gauthier

Then give Moncton a 3rd for Bower.

Role with:

Balmas-Chlapik-Sprong
Grouchy-Kielly-Gauthier
Chaddock-Bower-Coughler
Acqun-MacLeod-Getson

Brisebois-Joseph
Meloche-Donaghey
MacArthur-Thompson

Monpetit
Grametbauer

Now that is a championship team IMO

Tommy Dodge

Sep 19, 2009
Hearing that Islanders have offered Boudrias, Thompson, Gervais, a 2nd and a 5th
for Grametbauer and Meloche.
Not sure if Marcel takes this or not. Lot of guys near the top of Charlottetown organization think they have a deal.
Also told VD is basically asking for almost half the roster for Montpetit and Gauthier. Jimmy basically told Super MArio to go F himself. So Islanders going to plan B.
Plan C is Samuel from BC.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Hearing that Islanders have offered Boudrias, Thompson, Gervais, a 2nd and a 5th
for Grametbauer and Meloche.
Not sure if Marcel takes this or not. Lot of guys near the top of Charlottetown organization think they have a deal.
Also told VD is basically asking for almost half the roster for Montpetit and Gauthier. Jimmy basically told Super MArio to go F himself. So Islanders going to plan B.
Plan C is Samuel from BC.

If the VD Story is true i dont blame hulton, thats nuts. But now if they get moved to SJ/BLB/RN whoever for a lesser deal, i wont be too impressed.

I think Samuel should be our plan B. Hes a better goalie then Grametbauer imo. I think Samuel gives us a better chance.

One more thing is this team still needs another top 6 forward or 2. Be it Barre-Boulet/Dostie/Gauthier whoever we wont be good enough for a deep run without someone else

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Sooo how about them Isles today! WOW

Balmas+Barter+2019 first+2018 3rd for Alex Dostie
Donaghey+2017 1st+2018 5th for Beauchemin+Marsh
2018 8th+2019 2nd+2019 3rd+2020 2nd for Neill

What a day

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Sooo how about them Isles today! WOW

Balmas+Barter+2019 first+2018 3rd for Alex Dostie
Donaghey+2017 1st+2018 5th for Beauchemin+Marsh
2018 8th+2019 2nd+2019 3rd+2020 2nd for Neill

What a day

Ducks fan, coming in peace. Wanted to pop by to ask a couple of questions.

What does the Charlottetown roster look like after all these moves, and where does Alex Dostie fit in the big picture? How do you like the team's chances to compete for the QMJHL title? Thanks in advance.

Flamesfan62

Oct 21, 2016
Prince Edward Island
Ducks fan, coming in peace. Wanted to pop by to ask a couple of questions.

What does the Charlottetown roster look like after all these moves, and where does Alex Dostie fit in the big picture? How do you like the team's chances to compete for the QMJHL title? Thanks in advance.

It will most likely look like:
Dostie-Chlapik-Sprong
Beauchemin-Kielly-Marsh
Aquin-Grouchy-Getson
Boucher-Bower-Macleod
extras: King, Chaddock (injured)
Brisebois-Meloche
Joseph-Neill
Tailifer-Macarthur
extras: Vesterinen, Drew
Welsh
Grametbauer

Dostie should see some big minutes on the top line, maybe some on the second. Depending on how Hulton shuffles the lines. Either way will see some big minutes. Will also see time on the PP, Dostie will be a key part of our offence and should do great with talent all around him with Sprong, Chlapik, Marsh, Beauchemin, Kielly, Neill, Brisebois, Meloche. He should rack up a bunch of points with us and should fit in nicely.
Now, about our chances. I think as of right now, us and Saint John are the teams to beat. Other deals could take place for other teams, you never know what can happen between today and tomorrow. Us or Saint John should win it all, With teams like Rouyn-Noranda, Blainville, and Shawinigan right in the mix. Should be some good playoff hockey.

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
armada
chicoutimi
making valiant run...but nothing compared to SJ and Isles

the question mark i comtinues to be goaltending
imo even with all that offence machine..

Flamesfan62

Oct 21, 2016
Prince Edward Island
armada
chicoutimi
making valiant run...but nothing compared to SJ and Isles

the question mark i comtinues to be goaltending
imo even with all that offence machine..

Chicoutimi is more of a pretender imo.. they haven't upgraded much and before the Isles and Sea Dogs upgraded they were still a step ahead. Goaltending has been solid lately but I'm not sure if Jim stays put with it.

wingmanpei

Jul 1, 2006
PEI, Canada
I think I would try Spring and Chlapik on one line and then Dostie with Beauchemin on another to spread out the offense. That way opposing teams will have to basically try to shut down two "first lines".

begosh1

Jan 9, 2016
Not sure if this is an indication of how season ticket sales are going, but just got off the phone with someone from the Islanders' office asking if I was going to renew my season tickets for next season. The last time I got a call like that was in the later years of the Rocket.

NCoRe

Dec 30, 2007
Seinäjoki
Hey guys I'm going through some Finnish prospects around the world. Could someone please be kind enough to give some kind of summary/report how did Saku Vesterinen played for ya'll and where do you see his upside etc.

Thanks a million bruthas and sisters

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Hey guys I'm going through some Finnish prospects around the world. Could someone please be kind enough to give some kind of summary/report how did Saku Vesterinen played for ya'll and where do you see his upside etc.

Thanks a million bruthas and sisters

There is not a lot of activity here, so maybe you'll have to look elsewhere for an answer.

I don't really know the commnity there or post there but it seems this forum is a bit more active: Islanders | QMJHL Maritimes Division
Maybe they can help you out.

qmjhlisles

Apr 8, 2014
Montague, PEI Canada
Vesterinen to me is a good offensive D but not good on his own zone. He panics with the puck and tries to stick handle too much instead of making the simple play. I find his stamina is always a question to he seems to has easy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad