GDT: Charlotte Hornets and other NBA talk

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
THEY ARE FU^KED...

Normally I would agree but they still might make the playoffs because of how awful the Eastern Conference is this year, and it's truly a special kind of awful.

Still would be good for Bridges, Graham, Monk, etc. to get some playoff experience, even if it's a first round sweep.

surfzone365

Jan 13, 2021
Ashburn, VA
Hornets about to win big in Milwaukee. Been following this game and figured Charlotte would blow it but they really took it to the Bucks. Impressive win!

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
The Bucks entire starting 5 sat out tonight, still big win though.

Sunday vs the Hawks will be interesting, both teams are similar record wise. Could be the Hornets opponent in round 1.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
They lost. Miles Bridges had a sweet dunk though

That play was crazy. It was an entertaining game but one the Hornets really should've won, even without Melo, Hayward and Monk (and PJ for most of the 2nd half). The Hawks basically played all their 2nd/3rd stringers... My guess is the Hornets still finish the regular season between seeds 7-10 and will be healthy for the play-in round and ultimately make the playoffs. But will likely draw Philly or Brooklyn in round 1 which we'd be lucky to win a game or 2... Either way, playoffs experience for our young guys if we're healthy is a good thing. Such a bummer we couldn't be healthy for this run, I think we'd have had an amazing shot at a 4-5 seed if not for all the injuries.

Reactions: HisIceness

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Sad news regarding the Kentucky player who just signed w/ an agent :(

Wasn’t expecting much with Ball, Hayward, Monk and others (at times) out...

Yeah unfortunately there just isn't enough talent out there, they still should be in position for a play-in game however.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I'm still surprised how well they've played with all the injuries. This is their best shot in years to build a competent team around what they've got now if they get healthy next season but we all know how this will play out, and it's not even the fault of the GM. Jordan is literally the biggest figure in basketball and he still refuses to use that fact to help his franchise. It's just pathetic, but it is what it is to quote another lethargic, braindead former Charlotte sports guy.

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte

Well that's good because the way things are going, in a normal year they'd likely be sitting at 9 at seasons end. Won't really matter anyways but we'll see how this play-in thing goes.

Reactions: tarheelhockey

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Hornets needed 1 win in their last 5 to hold onto the 8th spot and get at least one home play-in game.

They failed. 10th place baby! Now they have to win road games for a chance to get swept by the Sixers. These are the Charlotte Hornets we all know and love.

Reactions: Lucky Lindy

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Hornets needed 1 win in their last 5 to hold onto the 8th spot and get at least one home play-in game.

They failed. 10th place baby! Now they have to win road games for a chance to get swept by the Sixers. These are the Charlotte Hornets we all know and love.
I moved on to be honest. They have a future ahead of them now.

LET'S GO NUGGETS.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020

Bummer way to end the season for sure but with all the injuries it just is what it is (though definitely makes the Hayward signing look worse...). Still excited about the future of this team. Would be nice to win 2 to get into the playoffs but expecting a quick loss — at least we’ll get a lottery pick and with the way Mitch has drafted it’ll likely be another damn good player to help us build this team up.

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
To me it's just amusing because it's very 2008 and 2011 Carolina Hurricanes-like.

Personally I'm hoping they bow out in Indiana on Tuesday and let our Hockey team have the spotlight.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I don't know if they'll get blown out but it seems like every time I tune into one of their road games they lose. Just not enough high end talent and LaMelo is still a 19 year old who missed a lot of time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad