Charlotte Checkers

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
It's amazing... Checkers are still 12 points above the Condors in the AHL even though the Condors have won 12 straight (basically smoking most teams in the process). Those two in the Calder finals would be awesome.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
3B7FB9F2-D0E9-48E6-BD2A-73711FFA9D51.jpeg

1st team in.

Reactions: HisIceness

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Would be really cool if they were to win the Calder. This city hasn't had a championship to my knowledge since 1996 when the then-ECHL Checkers won the Kelly Cup (don't really follow the Eagles or Knights so don't know about their championship history or lack thereof). Hornets and Panthers aren't likely winning anything significant anytime soon so Checkers are our best shot, and frankly even though I am a fan of our sports teams, the Checkers are the ones I would like to see be the most successful.

Reactions: Unsustainable

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Would be really cool if they were to win the Calder. This city hasn't had a championship to my knowledge since 1996 when the then-ECHL Checkers won the Kelly Cup (don't really follow the Eagles or Knights so don't know about their championship history or lack thereof). Hornets and Panthers aren't likely winning anything significant anytime soon so Checkers are our best shot, and frankly even though I am a fan of our sports teams, the Checkers are the ones I would like to see be the most successful.

The Knights won the Governor's Cup (the International League championship) in 1999. They've also won a couple divisional championships since 1996 (2006 and 2012).

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
With the Checkers having a record-breaking season and the Canes making it to the playoffs for the first time in 10 years, the organization from top to bottom is set up to have great success in the future. Hopefully they both capitalize on that potential.

Also, it's going to suck the day an NHL team (understandably) wants to take a chance on Velluchi but he's earned that opportunity should it come knocking. Just hope we can keep him for another full season.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
With the Checkers having a record-breaking season and the Canes making it to the playoffs for the first time in 10 years, the organization from top to bottom is set up to have great success in the future. Hopefully they both capitalize on that potential.

Also, it's going to suck the day an NHL team (understandably) wants to take a chance on Velluchi but he's earned that opportunity should it come knocking. Just hope we can keep him for another full season.

He’s been with the canes organization forever in many different roles but I think his allegiance was to PK originally so whether or not he feels any loyalty to the canes anymore is another matter. Some stability in the coaching in Charlotte would be huge

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Congrats Charlotte fans. Knew this day would come after watching the Checkers sweep my Bears.

P.S. don’t get too depressed this offseason when a lot of guys move on. Worst part about championship teams

Big things to come. We might lose Velluci even.

Guys pushing for roster spots, waiver exempts going away.

Yup, whacky season coming up.

Reactions: HisIceness

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad