Charlotte Checkers

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
And 7 of those 9 wins on the road. Early days yet, but still a noteworthy start in what appears to be a competitive Atlantic Division. Maybe it took the Checkers a full season to adjust to the Divisional alignment. Certainly shorter hops to opponents' ice than they had before 2017-18.

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
I believe the Manitoba Moose was way in front of the entire league early last season and they ended up 3rd the the Central Division at the end of the season. Too much hockey yet to be played between now and April, as well as key injuries, call-ups, etc can still hit the Checkers during the season that could bring them back down to reality. Enjoy the view at the top while your team is up there, but history (more times than not) shows that it does not last the entire season.

Reactions: HisIceness

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
I believe the Manitoba Moose was way in front of the entire league early last season and they ended up 3rd the the Central Division at the end of the season. Too much hockey yet to be played between now and April, as well as key injuries, call-ups, etc can still hit the Checkers during the season that could bring them back down to reality. Enjoy the view at the top while your team is up there, but history (more times than not) shows that it does not last the entire season.

What’s interesting the only statistically leading player we have is Ned, and that’s for wins, not sv%.

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
Good to see the Checkers doing well. I'm born/raised in Charlotte. Fortunate I was able to see hockey at a young age... my favorite sport from the beginning.

I've been in the DC metro area for 20+ years. The past 10 years here in N VA - Ovi era - have been a treat :DD

Reactions: Unsustainable

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Good to see the Checkers doing well. I'm born/raised in Charlotte. Fortunate I was able to see hockey at a young age... my favorite sport from the beginning.

I've been in the DC metro area for 20+ years. The past 10 years here in N VA - Ovi era - have been a treat :DD

A lot don’t realize the Checkers have been in Charlotte since the 50s when the Baltimore arena burned down.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

The Moose just visited Milwaukee and got spanked 8-2. I can't remember the last time Milwaukee scored 8 goals.

At the end of 1 period it was 1-0. The Ads hit at least 2 posts. The Moose are in 8th place in the Central Division, 3 points behind Rockford.

Charlotte is #1 by .006 at the moment over San Jose.

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
Really excited the way Necas has played more lately, since he's been used more on the wing. He could still get the call at some point this season but if not he could be one of the Checks more important players nearing end of season.

Reactions: Unsustainable

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The Moose just visited Milwaukee and got spanked 8-2. I can't remember the last time Milwaukee scored 8 goals.

At the end of 1 period it was 1-0. The Ads hit at least 2 posts. The Moose are in 8th place in the Central Division, 3 points behind Rockford.

Charlotte is #1 by .006 at the moment over San Jose.

I found Dec 17, 2016 at Texas. It was 9-1 Milwaukee!

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Scott Darling is 5-6-2 with the Checkers, his 6 losses are 1/2 of the Checkers losses.

So many call ups have really started taking a toll on them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad