Charlotte Checkers to Be Affiliated with the Florida Panthers

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
All that they need is an AHL season. I saw on another thread that play begins on December 4th. I have not heard about how many AHL games will be played by each team. Maybe only 60 for all teams?

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Might not be an affiliation match made in heaven, but it's in keeping with the 32-for-32 model that both leagues have deemed beneficial to their business models. I hope the Panthers & Checkers have a long & happy life together.

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
Might not be an affiliation match made in heaven, but it's in keeping with the 32-for-32 model that both leagues have deemed beneficial to their business models. I hope the Panthers & Checkers have a long & happy life together.
I hope you are right but knowing how this board works. I think we should start a next incarnation of the Capital District Islanders speculation thread just to be safe.:sarcasm:

Last edited:
Reactions: Tommy Hawk

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

Howson said that 68 games would be the most for the AHL. I will stick with my 60 games to minimize the losses.
Thanks for the link!

This part for the NHL was idiotic. The quoted person should be fired. It assumes that you have 100% STH buying your seats, which is probably true for a handful of NHL teams. I think that Nashville has about 14,000 for their 17,100 seats. Could the Preds do every third home game? Dividing by 4 would still allow the Preds to sell about 850 seats per game to non-STH or to STH who want to go to more games.

Another NHL team executive explained "you'll have to rotate it." So if the capacity is 25%, season-ticket holders would attend one out of every four games.

Am I going to pay $100 or $150 a seat to see Buffalo, Chicago, San Jose, Detroit and not Boston, Tampa Bay, Washington and Las Vegas for my 8 or 10 games? The answer is no! But, the moron exec is not letting me in anyway. That is some people in the NHL for you. Chase the STH away and don't allow any new or casual fans into the games.

It makes me wonder if the NHL will be going back to 28/30 teams in a few years from the damage done by COVID-19?

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Howson said that 68 games would be the most for the AHL. I will stick with my 60 games to minimize the losses.
Thanks for the link!

This part for the NHL was idiotic. The quoted person should be fired. It assumes that you have 100% STH buying your seats, which is probably true for a handful of NHL teams. I think that Nashville has about 14,000 for their 17,100 seats. Could the Preds do every third home game? Dividing by 4 would still allow the Preds to sell about 850 seats per game to non-STH or to STH who want to go to more games.

Another NHL team executive explained "you'll have to rotate it." So if the capacity is 25%, season-ticket holders would attend one out of every four games.

Am I going to pay $100 or $150 a seat to see Buffalo, Chicago, San Jose, Detroit and not Boston, Tampa Bay, Washington and Las Vegas for my 8 or 10 games? The answer is no! But, the moron exec is not letting me in anyway. That is some people in the NHL for you. Chase the STH away and don't allow any new or casual fans into the games.

It makes me wonder if the NHL will be going back to 28/30 teams in a few years from the damage done by COVID-19?
This looks worthy of copying & posting in a more appropriate AHL forum thread. :badidea:

Reactions: uncleben

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
All that they need is an AHL season. I saw on another thread that play begins on December 4th. I have not heard about how many AHL games will be played by each team. Maybe only 60 for all teams?

68 for most of the league, 56 for the Pacific.

Reactions: cjerina

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
68 for most of the league, 56 for the Pacific.
Well, since we've stretched this thread to the point of breaking already ... How 'bout Atlantic & North & Central play 60 games each, and the Pac teams spin off as the U.S. contingent of a Pacific Rim International Ice Hockey League (PRIIHL) to play a 16-weekend 3-on-3 round robin traveling tournament against teams from South & Central America and Mexico and B.C. and China (the big one) and both Koreas and Japan and the Phillipines and Southeast Asia and Indonesia and various countries & island states of Oceania?

Reactions: Roadhog

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
Well, since we've stretched this thread to the point of breaking already ... How 'bout Atlantic & North & Central play 60 games each, and the Pac teams spin off as the U.S. contingent of a Pacific Rim International Ice Hockey League (PRIIHL) to play a 16-weekend 3-on-3 round robin traveling tournament against teams from South & Central America and Mexico and B.C. and China (the big one) and both Koreas and Japan and the Phillipines and Southeast Asia and Indonesia and various countries & island states of Oceania?
I think its only fair that the Atlantic & North & Central play all the missed games from last year plus all 76 games while the Pacific Division guys play NHL 21 with Full paychecks and complementary pizza and soft drinks.

Last edited:

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007

Possibly the Carolina affiliation announcement?

Nah that can't be it...i told people back in febuary on this board that chicago and carolina would be partnering up and was ROASTED on here as not knowing anything and full of crap etc. Was told how there was NO WAY carolina would leave charlotte and destroy that unbreakable bond that exist between them along with the obvious statewide cross-promotion of both teams....Y'all remember that????? i do!!!

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Nah that can't be it...i told people back in febuary on this board that chicago and carolina would be partnering up and was ROASTED on here as not knowing anything and full of crap etc. Was told how there was NO WAY carolina would leave charlotte and destroy that unbreakable bond that exist between them along with the obvious statewide cross-promotion of both teams....Y'all remember that????? i do!!!
Well, I guess it's somethin' else, then. Very noble of you to man up & admit your mistake. We need more members like you.

Reactions: Roadhog

Roadhog

May 3, 2020
Toronto
Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Reactions: royals119

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad