Player Discussion Charlie McAvoy VI re-signed, 8 yrs @ 9.5 aav

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
So what you're saying is....keep him off the PP so he doesn't get many points...thus you can sign him to a lower amount!

tenor.gif

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
They’re going to have little choice, but to pay the piper.

You lose him, and you might as well start the full rebuild during which you HOPE you find the next franchise defenseman.

There are going to be some interesting decisions to be made once you have to pay both McAvoy and Pastrnak what they’ll command on the market.

I guess if Bergy goes year to year and you can get him to take a little less, that might help offset things to an extent. Oh yeah, then you need to find a #1 center as he presumably shifts into more of a checking line role.

Pasta and McAvoy starting the next wave of Bruins and doing signing for less like Marchand and Bergeron did would be awesome. Getting both to sign contracts for a 8 million cap would be a dream come true

Reactions: Gee Wally

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
I can’t seem to find it now. I’ll circle back and see if I can dig it up.

Its the Andy and Rono list based on advanced statistics. I don’t know how to post Instagram posts on here and not going to bother. It’s based on advanced stats which I typically don’t put much stock in.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Its the Andy and Rono list based on advanced statistics. I don’t know how to post Instagram posts on here and not going to bother. It’s based on advanced stats which I typically don’t put much stock in.

Thanks.

Thought it might be something along those lines.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Pelech just signed an 8-year extension with the Isles... will be interesting to see the cap hit seeing as d-man extensions have been massive this summer.

I hope we lock McAvoy up soon. I don't want to drag this process out.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Pelech is an upper class defensive dman but doesn't bring much offensively. I don't see the savings here... i think it's a fair deal.

Yes, that looks like what the next Carlo deal will come in at if he continues his current trajectory.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Pelech is an upper class defensive dman but doesn't bring much offensively. I don't see the savings here... i think it's a fair deal.

who else does that remind you of

I guess to be fair Charlie is good at dishing it. Wanna see that shot more if we’re giving him in the 9 per year range though

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
who else does that remind you of

I guess to be fair Charlie is good at dishing it. Wanna see that shot more if we’re giving him in the 9 per year range though

Carlo? He averages 14 points per 82 games, while Pelech averages 20 points per 82. McAvoy blows both of them away at 43 points per 82 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad