HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
B7KOIRWXX4I6TLDLVMTSMKDJ5A.jpg

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
What's the deal after the 3 years, is he still an RFA or is he UFA?
He’s still and Rfa. The B’s can also extend him in two years and up his salary which is likely what will happen.

I must say I’m really pumped about this deal. He may get crazy expensive in a couple years when the cap is expected to make a real big jump

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
Time after time again I get more surprised that we get to keep core players in Boston with so good deals.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Great deal! The Bruins retain Charlie pretty cheaply, but it's still decent money and he gets 3 years to show how good he really is and then renegotiate when he's in his prime. Everybody wins. Another smart play by the Don.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Excellent news! I was thinking I'd have been very happy with anything below $6mill, bracing for something north of that, maybe even way north, and Sweeney brings him in at just under $5mill! The term is shorter than I would have liked, but I think this is fair for everyone.

He has the makings of a franchise D-man, but he's not there just yet, so why pay him like he is already? In three years, he'll either be that – a consistent, dependable, impact #1 D-man – or he'll be something less, and he'll get paid accordingly. If the rest of the league approached contracts this way, we'd have a much more reasonable salary landscape, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->