Player Discussion Charlie Lindgren

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
Thank the gods. No more Niemi. I’m ecstatic. We actually have a shot at winning games when Price is resting. Amazing stuff. For everyone who’s complaining about Lindgren’s AHL numbers, look at Carter Hart’s numbers before he got called up. AHL numbers are irrelevant IMO. He can’t be worse than Niemi. It’s impossible. I would rather have any other NHL goalie, starter or backup, than Niemi. Great move.

Reactions: Forum93

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
Why bring him up? Niemi is one of the worst goalies in the NHL sure but you expect one of the worst goalies in the entire AHL to do any better?

Just play price for the next 13 games.

Reactions: Vachon23

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Thank the gods. No more Niemi. I’m ecstatic. We actually have a shot at winning games when Price is resting. Amazing stuff. For everyone who’s complaining about Lindgren’s AHL numbers, look at Carter Hart’s numbers before he got called up. AHL numbers are irrelevant IMO. He can’t be worse than Niemi. It’s impossible. I would rather have any other NHL goalie, starter or backup, than Niemi. Great move.

There’s very little resting left to be done. This should’ve been done weeks if not months ago.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Why bring him up? Niemi is one of the worst goalies in the NHL sure but you expect one of the worst goalies in the entire AHL to do any better?

Thete have been other goalies who didnt have great numbers in junior or the ahl that have gone on to success in the nhl you know. Besides, Lindgren has had very strong showings in the nhl.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Thete have been other goalies who didnt have great numbers in junior or the ahl that have gone on to success in the nhl you know. Besides, Lindgren has had very strong showings in the nhl.

Who ? Name me a good goalie in the NHL right know that his saves % is under 900% in the AHL. In the NHL he had a great start but after 5 games, other team started to know him and he was not good anymore.

Charlie Lindgren Statistiques et nouvelles

Reactions: ArtPeur

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Even tho he had poor stats in the AHL, I'm happy that we try him 2-3 games to finish the year for evaluation. We need to know if he will be our back up next year.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Even tho he had poor stats in the AHL, I'm happy that we try him 2-3 games to finish the year for evaluation. We need to know if he will be our back up next year.

Where in a playoff race it’s not time to check if Lindgren can be our #2. Price need to goal ALL the games

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Saw Lindgren in a few games pre-injury. He looked really good; most goals scored on him were due to terrible defence. His positioning, movements and focus looked NHL-ready. Haven't seen him since coming back and based on reports I'm mildly concerned, but at worst this'll be a learning experience and part of his development. There's no future for Niemi so no point in keeping him around.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Where in a playoff race it’s not time to check if Lindgren can be our #2. Price need to goal ALL the games
still, if anything happen, you need someone to jump in and replace Price (be it for a single minute or a full game) and that guy cannot be Niemi anymore... the guy's done.

the risk is not to bring up Lindgren, it's to have Niemi as backup.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Who ? Name me a good goalie in the NHL right know that his saves % is under 900% in the AHL. In the NHL he had a great start but after 5 games, other team started to know him and he was not good anymore.

Charlie Lindgren Statistiques et nouvelles
I wasnt necessarily talking about someone currently. Look at Price though. 10 games with Hamilton early in his career .896 save percentage. Next, hes playing 52 games with the Habs. Dominance in the ahl doesnt translate to dominance in the nhl. Lindgren has been on bad ahl squads and played on a bad habs squad last year, plus he was hurt for a while this year. Wait and see what we have before condemning the guy.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I wasnt necessarily talking about someone currently. Look at Price though. 10 games with Hamilton early in his career .896 save percentage. Next, hes playing 52 games with the Habs. Dominance in the ahl doesnt translate to dominance in the nhl. Lindgren has been on bad ahl squads and played on a bad habs squad last year, plus he was hurt for a while this year. Wait and see what we have before condemning the guy.

Price was 21 years old and he won a Calder Cup with Hamilton and his save percentage in playoff was 936. Don’t compare that to Lindgren lol. Lindgren stats are horrible he is the 4th worst in the AHL for save % (Goalies that had minimum 20 starts). And you said he have a bad team but McNiven with the same team is 909

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
still, if anything happen, you need someone to jump in and replace Price (be it for a single minute or a full game) and that guy cannot be Niemi anymore... the guy's done.

the risk is not to bring up Lindgren, it's to have Niemi as backup.

Yep no problem if he is there to sit beside Marc Denis.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Lindgren's NHL stats are very good which is what matters most. Pretty sure he brings a different edge and energy level in playing a NHL game. Niemi's confidence is shattered. Lindgren is out to prove himself. Huge difference in energy

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Lindgren's NHL stats are very good which is what matters most. Pretty sure he brings a different edge and energy level in playing a NHL game. Niemi's confidence is shattered. Lindgren is out to prove himself. Huge difference in energy

He had a good start but at the end, it was VERY difficult

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->