Player Discussion Charlie Lindgren

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Is Price hurt again???/

I was waiting for this to happen, as Niemi hasn't done the job of being a good backup.

But with the incident today in practice, it's possible Lindgren is coming up due to a Price injury.

On the bright side, if Price is injured it gives us 13 games to improve our draft position.

Reactions: Habs4Life

Habs4Life

Aug 29, 2003
Saint John, NB
I was waiting for this to happen, as Niemi hasn't done the job of being a good backup.

But with the incident today in practice, it's possible Lindgren is coming up due to a Price injury.

On the bright side, if Price is injured it gives us 13 games to improve our draft position.

That's what I was thinking from today's practice when I first seen this!

Want My Dach x 77

Sep 2, 2010
vancouver, bc
upload_2019-3-11_14-23-34.png
. No faith in niemi ever ...... hopefully we never see him in action again . Not even a ahl goalie .....lol

Reactions: Kotkaniemi15

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
This move is because Niemi has been the worst back up in the league this year and it is not even close.

What baffles me is why Bergevin didn’t address this...maybe because Lindgren is signed to a three year one way contract

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
because wasting a pick for a goalie to play ~3 games after the tdl is dumb
Depends on how important making the playoffs are. Some teams made a lot of moves. Habs couldn’t find a better back up?

Most teams give up picks for something at the deadline, that’s what GM’s do....try to improve their teams

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Nemei injured and will sit rest of season with pay
Nemei on waivers
Nemei injured for a few games...

take a pick

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Nemei injured and will sit rest of season with pay
Nemei on waivers
Nemei injured for a few games...

take a pick

Niemi will not be waived. you don't need to waive a player if you fit him under cap space. you can go over 23 players

I believe Lindgren will be used for practice while Price get some treatments or training

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
This move is because Niemi has been the worst back up in the league this year and it is not even close.

What baffles me is why Bergevin didn’t address this...maybe because Lindgren is signed to a three year one way contract

Bergy can't see further than one move, he is a complete doofus.

Reactions: CrAzYNiNe

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Niemi will not be waived. you don't need to waive a player if you fit him under cap space. you can go over 23 players

I believe Lindgren will be used for practice while Price get some treatments or training

you might be witnessing the full time back up in 2019-20 taking over..if he wasn't injured when Price was out, he might have already squeezed out Nemei

Nemei it's 3 4 5 6 goals a game.... the remaining games they can't put him in there trying to make it into playoffs...Nemei isnt coming back next year...so no hard feelings...

Reactions: Tyson

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Depends on how important making the playoffs are. Some teams made a lot of moves. Habs couldn’t find a better back up?

Most teams give up picks for something at the deadline, that’s what GM’s do....try to improve their teams

I would much rather use that pick and attempt to get a good player than a back-up that'll play 2 or 3 games down the stretch.

Reactions: Sorinth

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I would much rather use that pick and attempt to get a good player than a back-up that'll play 2 or 3 games down the stretch.
What if you are in a tight playoff run and your all world goalie gets hurt? That’s the idea of a good GM doing his job. Price can’t play every game and could become injured

Reactions: Zorba

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
What if you are in a tight playoff run and your all world goalie gets hurt? That’s the idea of a good GM doing his job. Price can’t play every game and could become injured

If Price gets hurt we're going nowhere in the playoffs, so why give up a pick for that? I hope we can make it in and go on a surprise run, but even I know that's dependent on Price playing lights out in the playoffs.

Jul 6, 2016

isn’t it a two year contract ?

Jul 6, 2016
Lindgren cannot do worse than Niemi.

But who’s gonna be the backup tomorrow night ?

Reactions: Tyson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad