Player Discussion Charlie Lindgren

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
just "not being the problem" is not enough...

given Habs record, safe to say no one has been a problem per se... yet not everyone has been good (well if you think every player has been good then I'll leave you to your fairytales - DLO, Shaw, Niemi havent)

and part of the very few who have been below average, there's Niemi.

I can't think of a game where you can say that niemi cost the habs. If you can say that about the backup, then he has done his job. That doesn't men he's been great, but it does mean that he's pretty much been hovering around expectations.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Anyone know how long Lindgren is out for? Habs need a reliable back and soon

Bouchard had said he won't be back before 2019. The earliest he can return to game action is January 2nd. And even there, Bouchard said he will be re-evaluated on the 1st and they'll see from there if he's cleared to return.

Reactions: Drouin92 and Tyson

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
What do the Habs do in the off-season, as Lindgren has really struggled since returning from injury and McNiven needs playing time. Plus you have Primeau who could want to turn pro depending on how he finishes the year as Friday is the last game of the regular season so playoffs start the following weekend.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
What do the Habs do in the off-season, as Lindgren has really struggled since returning from injury and McNiven needs playing time. Plus you have Primeau who could want to turn pro depending on how he finishes the year as Friday is the last game of the regular season so playoffs start the following weekend.

Promote him to NHL backup and the situation resolves itself

Reactions: ProspectsSTC

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Promote him to NHL backup and the situation resolves itself

that's what I have expected but he has not been himself and while he's not been terrible it's troubling that he hasn't played that well. I thought he would be an upgrade on Niemi but now I'm not sure if that will be the case.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
that's what I have expected but he has not been himself and while he's not been terrible it's troubling that he hasn't played that well. I thought he would be an upgrade on Niemi but now I'm not sure if that will be the case.

You said it yourself, it's been since he returned from injury. I'm sure he'll get back to his old ways soon enough

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007

I think best thing would be to sign someone cheap like Kinkaid/Chad Johnson/Hutchison and hope Lindgren ends up winning the spot as backup, as opposed to just giving him it.

Should Lindgren play like he has before, we could send the other goalie down and assuming he clears waivers he can back-up McNiven. If Primeau turns pro I think it'd be best for him to start in the ECHL and start as much as possible.

Reactions: Vachon23

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
You said it yourself, it's been since he returned from injury. I'm sure he'll get back to his old ways soon enough

It's been two months but hopefully with the off-season he'll be back to his self by camp but that means that MB will likely have to look for an upgrade just in case as he can't go into the season hoping Lindgren is back and McNiven I'd like to see play one full year in the AHL as the starter to see how he does.

I don’t think he his NHL caliber honestly. I think he is like Tokarski a couple year ago

Could be as Tok was pretty good in the AHL for us but I'd say Lindgren is better or was until the injury. He's certainly not looking himself these days.

I think best thing would be to sign someone cheap like Kinkaid/Chad Johnson/Hutchison and hope Lindgren ends up winning the spot as backup, as opposed to just giving him it.

Should Lindgren play like he has before, we could send the other goalie down and assuming he clears waivers he can back-up McNiven. If Primeau turns pro I think it'd be best for him to start in the ECHL and start as much as possible.

guess that's what they will have to do as there likely isn't enough time to turn it around to the point MB is confident he'll be back to be the backup next year. Hopefully they can hold off Primeau for one more year so by then they will have a much better view of McNiven to see if he can be the backup one day or not.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
886 last years… don’t understand why some put this on the injured he was not good before the injuried

I've watched most of his games in the AHL. Last year he was good but the team was a tire fire defensively, so many turnovers, so many defensive breakdowns. This year he was playing much better pre injury, he played 18 games in Oct/Nov only 2 of those games did he let in more then 3 goals, since then in 15 games, 7 of those he's let in 4 or more goals.

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
I don't care about his AHL stats, bring him in, not like Niemi would do any better anyways.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad