Player Discussion Charlie Lindgren

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Are you sure that he's our next #2 goalie ?? He can't establish himself in the AHL imagine in the NHL

he's been really solid in the AHL this year for the most part. Unless he's traded he should be a lock to be Price's backup next year. I think he can do the job now but another year in the AHL should be good for him.

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
he's been really solid in the AHL this year for the most part. Unless he's traded he should be a lock to be Price's backup next year. I think he can do the job now but another year in the AHL should be good for him.
Why? Niemi has been great for the team so far. Unless his play drops from here to seasons end I’d resign.

Reactions: nhlfan9191

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Anyone who is not just stat watching knows Niemi has been fine. He's just a placeholder for Lindgren, though.
he was very good last season, below average so far this season.

and yeah, some people can look at numbers and watch games you know...

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Well what are you expecting from a backup? Obviously the standards are low. Niemi has fulfilled them.
just "not being the problem" is not enough...

given Habs record, safe to say no one has been a problem per se... yet not everyone has been good (well if you think every player has been good then I'll leave you to your fairytales - DLO, Shaw, Niemi havent)

and part of the very few who have been below average, there's Niemi.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Not sure, right now we have 2 backup goalies in the NHL.

Lingren has shown that he could step it up in the NHL, i would rather give him a chance at some point before making a choice on his future

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland

given Habs record, safe to say no one has been a problem per se... yet not everyone has been good (well if you think every player has been good then I'll leave you to your fairytales - DLO, Shaw, Niemi havent)

Yes it is when we're talking about a backup goalie.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Why? Niemi has been great for the team so far. Unless his play drops from here to seasons end I’d resign.

It will be different next season because Lindgren is waiver eligible.

not this season

gave 3 or more in each of his 3 starts
.905 is his best SV%

3 games played, 2 wins, 1 loss (in the final minute while on the PK). 4 pts of a possible 6. It's all that matters.

Jul 6, 2016
I am glad the Habs re-signed Niemi because none of Lindbren or McNiven is ready for NHL duties....

Reactions: David Suzuki

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

that would be poor asset management imo. Niemi will be 36 next year, so what re-sign him for one more year and hope that Lindgren clears waivers? If you lose Lindgren then their 3rd goalie would be McNiven who has very little pro experience so far. But we'll see how they both play this year, I think Lindgren will be better then Niemi will be this year as I don't expect him to be as good as he was last year.

I am glad the Habs re-signed Niemi because none of Lindbren or McNiven is ready for NHL duties....

agreed, Lindbren isn't ready but I think Lindgren is. McNiven needs a lot more time as he sat way too much for a 20 year old last year.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012

Sure as hell is as a rookie or backup goaltender! I think your problem is failing to understand player development. Especially goaltenders. You need to relax about this dynamic and let others help you. Hope all is well brother!

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Sure as hell is as a rookie or backup goaltender! I think your problem is failing to understand player development. Especially goaltenders. You need to relax about this dynamic and let others help you. Hope all is well brother!
maybe yours is understanding posts. Comment was about Niemi.

Hope all is well for you too.

ginomini

May 25, 2014
Lindgren is pretty bad. Worst technique from a hab goalie since Aebischer imo

ginomini

May 25, 2014
I agree; his technique is horrible. He’s so overrated by this fan base. He’s at best an AHL middle of the pack starter. He’s not an NHL calibre goalie at all.

I had never seen an NHL goalie get up on the wrong leg to follow the play before him. That's a technique goalies sould have mastered in Peewee....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->