Player Discussion Charlie Lindgren

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I think its due to just not being that common. (goalies catching right hand). Its kind of weird that more don't, all goalies who are right handed shooters should catch right but I think most use the baseball guide where if you throw with your right you catch with your left.

I remember reading when Theodore was playing here, and it was a long time ago so I can’t remember which it was, but he was either shooting or catching with his wrong hand. A lot of goalies are taught to turn their stick around on certain plays while playing the puck if they’re on their offhand because catching on your good hand is more important then playing the puck. Cujo was one of the more obvious examples. There’s ways around teaching them how to use their stick where as catching is more of a natural gift.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Fear is not the word I would use here, it's fine to be cautiously optimistic, but for goalies you don't really know what you have on your hand until they reach ±50 games played.
Looks like it is proving true. 5 goals against versus a bad team in Arizona, now 5 goals against agaim.

MisterNoItAll

Oct 21, 2017
Right handed catching goalies do not work out anymore, and they rarely did in history, with the exception of maybe 5 in history. His technique is not NHL calibre. Now that’s he’s running out of luck, he’s being exposed. This dude has been hyped, just because he’s a Habs prospect. We always overrate our prospect pool and then they fail.

Its actually funny, ‘cause when they interviewed him just last week, he was acting very sensationalistic about his success, and how he believed in God, and that he finds Jesus super important in his life and that is the reason why he is successful, and how he attends the team chapel. Then went on to say how “God chose this path for him”. Lol shut your mouth kid and play, don’t act all high and mighty like you just won the Stanley Cup, you haven’t even played a dozen games yet, and you’re already giving your acceptance speech? Moral of the story never get too ahead of yourself.

Charlie Lindgren, le croyant - TVA Sports

Here’s the article and video, it’s written in French though. But he speaks in English. If the video doesn’t work, sorry, TVA’s site is bad. He says he’s not one to talk about religion, and then does exactly the opposite and starts preaching lol what a clown. Just jinxed himself.

Last edited:

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Is it time to turn on him yet ? Gotta feel for Lindgren, he's doing his best.

That said, I'm starting to understand Price's contract.

He gets 30 million in the next 2 years. Then he slowly goes back to his current salary.

Price didn't think he was worth 10.5M/year, he likely wouldn't have signed for that amount on the open market either. That contract was what Price was willing to accept to play through the BS that comes with being a goalie in MTL.

Reactions: Gains

rafalesque

Apr 9, 2017
Is it time to turn on him yet ? Gotta feel for Lindgren, he's doing his best.

That said, I'm starting to understand Price's contract.

He gets 30 million in the next 2 years. Then he slowly goes back to his current salary.

Price didn't think he was worth 10.5M/year, he likely wouldn't have signed for that amount on the open market either. That contract was what Price was willing to accept to play through the BS that comes with being a goalie in MTL.

lololololol now Bergevin looks like a genius to all you know it all air chair quarterbacks and coaches.
Bravo Bergevin... you proved them wrong
Lindgren is a flop lets trade him now while he still have a value above zero

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
lololololol now Bergevin looks like a genius to all you know it all air chair quarterbacks and coaches.
Bravo Bergevin... you proved them wrong
Lindgren is a flop lets trade him now while he still have a value above zero
Explain.

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
Lindgren is a very talented prospect with 9 NHL games to his credit......9 games folks.He's not a saviour at this point and is still learning to play the NHL game.There will be lots of bumps in the road and he'll have plenty of bad games but he has the skill and talent to become a potential starter within the next couple of years.He is the least of our current problems.

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
When and if Price ever comes back,Lindgren will go back to Laval to get lots of games in and Niemi will be back up Price until and if Montoya ever returns.Niemi will be waived when Montoya is back.That's how I see it working out anyway.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

rafalesque

Apr 9, 2017

Why, just read what the comment it was attached to.... Lindgren can do the job... we are left with zilch. hence the $$$$ we gave price and all you look like fools to complain so much about Bergevin. would a drawing help?

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Why, just read what the comment it was attached to.... Lindgren can do the job... we are left with zilch. hence the $$$$ we gave price and all you look like fools to complain so much about Bergevin. would a drawing help?

Before you embarrass yourself any further, you can stop with the attacks.

You realize this team which needs Price to save the day every night, the very team crumbling under the weight of its own architecture. Is BUILT by Bergevin? The one you refer as 'genius'. You realize he had the choice to trade him, something he didn't seem to mind doing with PK despite getting a diminishing asset in return. Nobody put a gun to his head to sign Price to that contract.

Bergevin caved in to his highest demands precisely because he's far too incompetent to build a winning team in front of Price and needs him to save his job. As he's done for the last five years.

Last edited:

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
When and if Price ever comes back,Lindgren will go back to Laval to get lots of games in and Niemi will be back up Price until and if Montoya ever returns.Niemi will be waived when Montoya is back.That's how I see it working out anyway.

I'm in favor of playing whichever goalie is best for the tank. But, another scenario I see is acquiring another goaltender either before or when Niemi gets shelled.

And I confess, I'm kind of looking forward to seeing just how bad Niemi will get shelled. Not because I have anything against him. I just want to see Bergevin get embarrassed as much as possible before he gets fired...

rafalesque

Apr 9, 2017
Before you embarrass yourself any further, you can stop with the attacks.

You realize this team which needs Price to save the day every night, the very team crumbling under the weight of its own architecture. Is BUILT by Bergevin? The one you refer as 'genius'. You realize he had the choice to trade him, something he didn't seem to mind doing with PK despite getting a diminishing asset in return. Nobody put a gun to his head to sign Price to that contract.

Bergevin caved in to his highest demands precisely because he's far too incompetent to build a winning team in front of Price and needs him to save his job. As he's done for the last five years.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Are you attacking me!!!! Perhaps,you should drop the can of beer and focus on the keyboard.
Do you really think no one would have not paid price his salary in other markets????

Emberras myself... who looks like a genius now... this board hahahahaha

Did not Markov and Radu get their $$$$ and Bergevin refused, but now itshis fault there were not signed because he did not cave in. Genius!!!! and now he is a nerd

Hey, tell.... is Lindgren, Montoya, Fucale or our recent acquisition can play better then Price?
I am waiting for that one.......

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
My biggest fear is turning this into another Condon fiasco.

Lindgren ------ Condon
Niemi ------ Scrivens

its the same crap....just a different season,

if i remember correctly, when Condon took over for Price, he played very well at first also

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
They really need to sell high on Lindgren, like right now. Unless they want to give one more season to both of them to sell Lindgren in the offseason.

How would we be selling high on lindgren right now? Non-nhl goalies have very low value

I doubt we trade him within the next 2 years

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
They really need to sell high on Lindgren, like right now. Unless they want to give one more season to both of them to sell Lindgren in the offseason.

I assume the plan is for Lindgren to back up Price next year since he has to clear waivers next season. I would wait and see what the heck is going on with Price first before moving him. I'd be ok with moving him since McNiven might end up being better in the long run if his development continues to progress at a good clip.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
This kid needs his own thread. I didn't see all of the game last night but caught the end of the 3rd, OT, and Shootout. What a performance and it's been missing in our line-up all year. I hate throwing Price under the bus but the soft goals he has allowed this year (and playoffs last year) are a concern of mine. A few soft goals here and there over a few weeks is tolerable but he seems to allow one per game. It's very weird and it's negative energy for sure.

Lets hope Lindgren pushes Price to be better. Price has not been the same since he has his kid. Not making excuses for him but the time line fits. Lets hope he figures it out and comes back next season strong.

Price/Lindgren moving forward is a great 1/2 combo!

Lindgren:
- Age 24, 6'-1", 182 lbs
- 12 NHL games
- 2.01 GAA
- 0.935 Sv%

Kid is off to a great start. I'm a big fan

Reactions: sharks9

Gabriiel40

Dec 13, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if price is concerned about his family considering what went on with all the accusation from the past year. Athletes are people too and it could stick in the back of his head that he doesn't want get hurt again like he did a few years ago. Like you said however, I can see Lindgren pushing price to his normal self again since in the past few years I have noticed that price performs best when he has a good backup.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I liked Lindgren from the time he joined us late 2015-2016 and notched his first win.

Before we go nuts, Condon had a great start also with us, but with Lindgren, I do see things in his game that makes him a better goalie IMO. He checks a lot of boxes: size, athleticism and seems to have good mental toughness. He does give up some BAD rebounds though and while his athleticism and compete saves him, once teams really scout him, this becomes an issue. He's just starting though, so he can fix this.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I liked Lindgren from the time he joined us late 2015-2016 and notched his first win.

Before we go nuts, Condon had a great start also with us, but with Lindgren, I do see things in his game that makes him a better goalie IMO. He checks a lot of boxes: size, athleticism and seems to have good mental toughness. He does give up some BAD rebounds though and while his athleticism and compete saves him, once teams really scout him, this becomes an issue. He's just starting though, so he can fix this.

Condon did not have stats like Lindgren. It's only been 12 NHL games so far but Lindgren's stats on a team that is not very good this year is impressive. Team seems to have confidence in him and plays better IMO. Lindgren is confident out there and it shows. The key indicator to me is not many soft goals allowed. He stops the ones he is suppose to shop and this gives the team confidence.

I see your point but nobody is really saying Lindgren is the next Price. All I am personally saying is he looks very good and we should ride the positive energy. It's lacking within our organization due to the disconnect with our GM.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Condon did not have stats like Lindgren. It's only been 12 NHL games so far but Lindgren's stats on a team that is not very good this year is impressive. Team seems to have confidence in him and plays better IMO. Lindgren is confident out there and it shows. The key indicator to me is not many soft goals allowed. He stops the ones he is suppose to shop and this gives the team confidence.

I see your point but nobody is really saying Lindgren is the next Price. All I am personally saying is he looks very good and we should ride the positive energy. It's lacking within our organization due to the disconnect with our GM.

I don't disagree and feel good about Lindgren. While positive energy is nice to have now, let's not have too much of it... we need to secure our top-5 draft position...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad