Buffalo Sabres
St. Louis Blues
National team
Canada
NHL Draft
Undrafted
Playing career
1979–1997
Charles William Huddy (born June 2, 1959) is a Canadian former NHL defenceman and current assistant coach of the Winnipeg Jets. He is also one of only seven Edmonton Oilers to be a member of all 5 of the franchise's Stanley Cup-winning teams 1984, 1985, 1987, 1988, 1990.
His greatest success came with the Oilers with whom he played from the start of his career in the 1980–81 season until the end of the 1990–91 season. He would tally 368 points in 694 regular season games, and 77 points in 138 playoff games. In 1983, Huddy won the NHL's first Plus/Minus Award, presented annually to the player who (in at least sixty games) leads the NHL in Plus/Minus statistics.[1]

Thanks Huddy for everything you have done to get our Jets where we are now! ;)

Go :jets Go

ulf

Sep 21, 2002
sandy hook
Visit site
Huddy has always seemed to have good communications with younger and veteran players. I think goaltending and a team commitment to defence has made for this Thread.
Kumbiya.

Reactions: Georgetown Al

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
What about the wade flaherty appreciation thread. That's another guy everyone wanted to string up.

Didn't want to string him up. Just fire his ass. :laugh:

For both of them, I think it is enough to simply put away the tar and feathers - and ropes. :laugh:

Reactions: Georgetown Al

TheGovernment

Jan 13, 2012
What about the wade flaherty appreciation thread. That's another guy everyone wanted to string up.
Because he doesnt deserve one.... one good season vs 6 awful ones.... we dont even know how helle turned it around but it looks like his summer work.

None

Feb 22, 2012
I vaguely remember a story after year 1 regarding Huddy and the way he treated players. It may have actually been a story about Bogosian, and the respect he had for Huddy, and might have been told by Bogo's dad. He said that Bogosian's first 2-3 years in Atlanta were difficult for him to adjust because of the way Todd Nelson coached. The way it sounded was Todd Nelson was very harsh in how he treated players, nothing would ever be praised, and just a loud personality in general. I think it was said that Huddy was the type of coach that players would run into brick walls for, which is interesting because Friedman recently mentioned that Paul Maurice is considered a "players coach" but wasn't always seen that way.

Could be part of the reason Maurice retained most of Claude Noel's coaching staff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad