Boston Bruins Charlie Coyle to the Bruins for Donato and a conditional 5th-rounder- 4th if B's make 2nd round - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Still waiting for you to hop off or you can take it too PM

I would also like to know why you don't like the deal. Seriously, why is it so difficult to give one little reason why you don't like it? Look!

I didn't like the deal at first, because I feel the Bruins are giving up on Donato pretty earlier and if he puts it together, he could be a very good goal scorer in this league. I'm also on record to not being a huge fan of Coyle, from what I've seen of him. I think if he wasn't from Massachusetts, he wouldn't get as much hype and interest. That said, there is no doubting he is an NHL talent and he adds depth to the Bruins where they need it; 3rd line center. He brings versatility which is also nice. I do hope that the Bruins are still going after a legitimate Top 6 RW. I do not feel that Coyle, on his own, is a big enough upgrade to contend.

Would you look at that? I gave some reasons why I don't like the deal and why I do. Now, you try!

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
They went by so quick I am not sure lol
Me too, I tried to see who it was. Grizz passed him as he skated out then a smaller player with a loud voice in a white sweater started it I think. That is exactly the kind of thing I would imagine he would do and that is great.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT

Welp.... Not going to show a whole lot between these two offensive anchors. I hope that Cehlarik is good to go and subs in for Nordstrom. Out of Backes/Nordstrom, I'd definitely still prefer DB42.

I can't believe they are doing that to him. I figured Backes would sit and it would be Cehlarik and Nordstrom... which isn't much better but still. Can't wait til Pasta is back.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I can't believe they are doing that to him. I figured Backes would sit and it would be Cehlarik and Nordstrom... which isn't much better but still. Can't wait til Pasta is back.

I know they want to get him playing center, but I hope we see him slot up on the RW with Krejci for this game. Lets get this guy going....He isn't going to get going with these two.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Yeah you can compare him to Wheeler if you'd like. While you're at it, you can compare my grandfather a WW1 vet to Wheeler too if you'd like but neither is a good comparison. Wheeler and Donato are nothing, nothing at all alike in style or attitude.

I think you missed the point.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
He clearly went down to Providence with a bad attitude this last time. Played like he didn't give a ****, clearly.

But, and this is why I said it's an organizational issue. Is he the first guy in the near recent past to feel like he wasn't given a fair shake? Is he the first guy to say the team basically didn't let him play his game? I mean ****, Cehlarik basically mirrored this earlier this season. Ryan Spooner was on this track as well. Koko left in a huff because of it. And the beat goes on...
I'm sorry, is there something about Spooner and Koko I'm supposed to lament over not having them? Lighting it up somewhere I'm unaware of? Who shouldn't be here that is that either of those would replace?

Reactions: Alicat

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
This is how I see it. They clearly value other prospects more than Donato. Are they right? Only time will tell. I don't think this trade was made to run Donato out of Town, but to
fill one of the needs this team has.
Ya know, we're all assuming they actually offered Donato from the start. They !at not have. They may very well have tried to move others, or even a combination of others. Maybe MN pushed negotiations to get Donato specifically. We don't know they didnt.

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
This is how I see it. They clearly value other prospects more than Donato. Are they right? Only time will tell. I don't think this trade was made to run Donato out of Town, but to
fill one of the needs this team has.
I mean it stings for sure. Obviously the Wild had the guy in mind they wanted too. It's not like ok just give us whoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad